|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does Cyrus die?
2. What can Cathy hear all day every day after she first moves to the ranch?
(a) The horses.
(b) The train.
(c) The birds.
(d) The workmen.
3. Where does Cathy injure Adam?
(a) His back.
(b) His leg.
(c) His face.
(d) His shoulder.
4. How does Adam say he got wounded?
(a) He dropped the gun and it went off.
(b) His wife shot him.
(c) He was trying to kill himself.
(d) He shot himself while cleaning the gun.
5. What does Adam ask Samuel for help with?
(a) Cathy's childbirth.
(b) An injured workman.
(c) His bleary vision.
(d) A broken door handle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Trask die?
2. What does Cathy's father do to punish her for trying to run away?
3. How does Adam feel about his new wife?
4. Why does Cathy say she does not belong in Salinas Valley?
5. What is Cathy's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cathy's father do when she tries to run away?
2. What causes Charles to distrust Cathy when he first meets her?
3. What does Cathy do on her wedding night, and why?
4. What causes Samuel to come talk to Adam after Cathy has been gone for more than a year?
5. What does Adam use to repair his new home in California?
6. How does Cathy get what she wants from her classmates, and how do they feel about this?
7. How do Cathy's parents die?
8. How do Adam and Charles meet Cathy?
9. How is Joseph Hamilton described by the narrator?
10. Why does Cyrus not encourage Charles to join the Army like Adam?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)