|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Samuel's occupation?
(c) Real estate agent.
2. Where is Mrs. Trask when she dies?
(a) Her mother's house.
(b) Her bed.
(c) A pew at church.
(d) A shallow pond.
3. To where does Cathy try to run away?
(b) Salt Lake City.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
4. How does Cathy dress before meeting with her new boss?
(a) As a young maiden.
(b) Like a whore.
(c) Like a little girl.
(d) As a businesswoman.
5. What does Cyrus try to convince Adam to do when he is younger?
(a) Get married.
(b) Join the military.
(c) Become a farmer.
(d) Go to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cyrus raise his children?
2. What does Cathy kill while her mother is away?
3. In what state does the story take place?
4. How large is the ranch Adam purchases?
5. What does Cathy do to the man who helps her deliver her babies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Joseph Hamilton described by the narrator?
2. What happens after Adam fights with Samuel in his house?
3. How do Cathy's parents die?
4. How do Adam and Charles meet Cathy?
5. What does Lee ask Samuel for help with when the well is being dug?
6. How are the Hamilton daughters described by the narrator?
7. What does Cyrus say to Adam before he leaves for the Army?
8. How does Samuel support his family?
9. What does Adam hire Lee to do?
10. What does Adam name his boys, and why?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)