|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cyrus lose his leg?
(a) In a farming accident.
(b) In a duel.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) In the war.
2. What does Cyrus try to convince Adam to do when he is younger?
(a) Join the military.
(b) Go to college.
(c) Get married.
(d) Become a farmer.
3. What is Samuel's occupation?
(d) Real estate agent.
4. Who takes care of the twins after Cathy leaves?
5. What is Adam drilling on his land?
(a) A well.
(b) A mine.
(c) A bomb shelter.
(d) A basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cathy's father do to punish her for trying to run away?
2. At what age does Cathy become a complete stranger to her parents?
3. How large is the ranch Adam purchases?
4. How does Adam say he got wounded?
5. How does Mr. Edwards discover how Cathy's parents died?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kate act after Faye's death?
2. How do Adam and Charles meet Cathy?
3. What does Cathy say to Adam shortly after she gives birth?
4. What does Mr. Edwards do when he takes Cathy back to her hometown?
5. What is Adam's ranch in California like?
6. Whom does Adam blame for the sad state of his boys?
7. What causes Charles to distrust Cathy when he first meets her?
8. What does Lee ask Samuel for help with when the well is being dug?
9. How does Adam feel about Cathy shortly after they are married?
10. How is Joseph Hamilton described by the narrator?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)