|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Cathy try to run away?
(b) Salt Lake City.
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
2. How does Mrs. Trask die?
(a) She drowns herself.
(b) From a venereal disease.
(c) From consumption.
(d) She is stabbed.
3. Where is Lee from?
4. How does Cathy get power over men?
(a) She finds their weaknesses and preys on them.
(b) She makes them feel strong.
(c) She uses overt sexuality.
(d) She makes herself seem superior.
5. Where does Cathy injure Samuel?
(a) His leg.
(b) His arm.
(c) His hand.
(d) His foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cathy kill while her mother is away?
2. What is Adam's last name?
3. How does Adam say he got wounded?
4. What is the name of Cyrus' second wife?
5. How many bottle of medicine does Kate steal from the doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Adam use to repair his new home in California?
2. How does Samuel support his family?
3. What does Cathy do on her wedding night, and why?
4. What does Adam hire Lee to do?
5. What does Mr. Edwards do when he takes Cathy back to her hometown?
6. What happens after Adam fights with Samuel in his house?
7. Why does Cyrus not encourage Charles to join the Army like Adam?
8. What is Adam's ranch in California like?
9. How does Adam feel about Cathy shortly after they are married?
10. How do Cathy's parents die?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)