|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cathy's last name?
2. What does Adam want Charles to do with his inheritance?
(a) Move to California.
(b) Fix up the farm.
(c) Pay off his debts.
(d) Get an education.
3. Why does Cathy not like to drink?
(a) It makes her angry.
(b) She likes to stay sober.
(c) It makes her sick.
(d) She likes to be seen as pure.
4. How does Cyrus raise his children?
(a) He ignores them.
(c) He pampers them.
5. What year does Cyrus die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adam do when he realizes that his mother is sick?
2. What position does Cyrus take after Adam goes to war?
3. What does Cyrus tell Adam before he leaves home for the first time?
4. Who takes care of the twins after Cathy leaves?
5. How does Cathy feel about moving where Adam wants to after their marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cathy do to the man who helps her deliver her babies, and how does she respond?
2. How is Joseph Hamilton described by the narrator?
3. What gift does Faye give to Kate after she had been working for a little while?
4. What does Cyrus say to Adam before he leaves for the Army?
5. How is George described when he is born?
6. How do Cathy's parents die?
7. How do Charles and Adam take the news of their large inheritance?
8. How are the Hamilton daughters described by the narrator?
9. What happens when Adam opens the door to Cathy's room after he has locked her in?
10. What is Adam's ranch in California like?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)