|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things is Samuel well-known for?
(a) Integrity and kindness.
(b) Religous fervor and love.
(c) Ignorance and humility.
(d) Pride and arrogance.
2. What is Charles doing when he injures his head?
(a) Breaking a wild horse.
(b) Driving while drunk.
(c) Moving a boulder.
(d) Sleeping in his bed.
3. What is the name of Cyrus' second son?
4. How does Cyrus raise his children?
(a) He pampers them.
(d) He ignores them.
5. How does Adam feel about his new wife?
(a) He distrusts her.
(b) He is scared of her.
(c) He is proud that she is his.
(d) He loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Horace think Cathy is not at the house when he comes to see Adam's wound?
2. How are Adam and Cyrus related?
3. Who runs the Trask farm after Adam goes to war?
4. Why are the babies crying when Cathy leaves the house?
5. What does Cathy say she is doing after she gives birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Cathy's parents die?
2. What happens after Adam fights with Samuel in his house?
3. How do Charles and Adam take the news of their large inheritance?
4. How does Samuel support his family?
5. How is George described when he is born?
6. Whom does Adam blame for the sad state of his boys?
7. How do Adam and Charles meet Cathy?
8. What does Adam hire Lee to do?
9. What does Cyrus say to Adam before he leaves for the Army?
10. What is included in the first chapter of the novel?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)