|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cyrus move after Adam goes to war?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. To where does Cathy try to run away?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Salt Lake City.
(d) New York.
3. What does Adam do to keep Cathy from having her way after she gives birth?
(a) Has Lee watch the babies.
(b) Watches the babies himself.
(c) Gets a bodyguard.
(d) Locks her in her room.
4. What year does Cyrus die?
5. What is Adam's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Adam say is his voice of reason?
2. How does Cathy's new boss view her relationship with Cathy?
3. Who takes care of the twins after Cathy leaves?
4. What gift does Cathy's new boss give her after she leaves Adam?
5. What is the name of Cyrus' second wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Joseph Hamilton described by the narrator?
2. How do Adam and Charles meet Cathy?
3. Whom does Adam blame for the sad state of his boys?
4. What is Adam's ranch in California like?
5. What does Adam use to repair his new home in California?
6. What does Cathy do on her wedding night, and why?
7. What does Adam hire Lee to do?
8. What happens when Adam opens the door to Cathy's room after he has locked her in?
9. How do Charles and Adam take the news of their large inheritance?
10. What causes Charles to distrust Cathy when he first meets her?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)