|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Samuel NOT have a talent for?
(a) Making money.
(b) Making friends.
(c) Working with wood.
(d) Judging character.
2. How much money does Cyrus leave to his sons?
3. To where does Adam want to move after he gets married?
4. Where does Cathy injure Adam?
(a) His leg.
(b) His back.
(c) His face.
(d) His shoulder.
5. What does Cyrus try to convince Adam to do when he is younger?
(a) Go to college.
(b) Get married.
(c) Become a farmer.
(d) Join the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cathy feel about moving where Adam wants to after their marriage?
2. What year does Cyrus die?
3. Why are the babies crying when Cathy leaves the house?
4. What makes Horace suspicious of Adam's wound?
5. What is found on the porch steps on the day Cathy's parents die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the Hamilton daughters described by the narrator?
2. How does Cyrus' first wife die?
3. What is included in the first chapter of the novel?
4. How does Kate act after Faye's death?
5. How is George described when he is born?
6. How does Adam feel about Cathy shortly after they are married?
7. What does Cathy say to Adam shortly after she gives birth?
8. How does Cathy get what she wants from her classmates, and how do they feel about this?
9. What does Cyrus say to Adam before he leaves for the Army?
10. What gift does Faye give to Kate after she had been working for a little while?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)