|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Cathy become a complete stranger to her parents?
2. What does Mr. Edwards hire Cathy to do?
(a) Be his public girlfriend.
(b) Be a maid.
(c) Be a whore.
(d) Be a slave.
3. What does Mr. Edwards do to Cathy when he takes her back to her hometown?
(a) Abandons her.
(b) Beats her.
(c) Exposes her crime.
(d) Ravishes her.
4. What does Cathy say she is doing after she gives birth?
(a) Leaving Adam.
(b) Taking on a job.
(c) Taking over the farm.
(d) Getting a nanny.
5. To where does Cathy try to run away?
(a) Salt Lake City.
(b) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adam do to keep Cathy from having her way after she gives birth?
2. What disease does Cyrus' second wife have?
3. Why does Cathy say she does not belong in Salinas Valley?
4. What is the name of Cyrus' second son?
5. What is Charles doing when he injures his head?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cathy do to the man who helps her deliver her babies, and how does she respond?
2. What does Adam hire Lee to do?
3. What does Mr. Edwards do when he takes Cathy back to her hometown?
4. What does Cathy's father do when she tries to run away?
5. What gift does Faye give to Kate after she had been working for a little while?
6. How is Joseph Hamilton described by the narrator?
7. What does Adam use to repair his new home in California?
8. What does Cyrus say to Adam before he leaves for the Army?
9. How are the Hamilton daughters described by the narrator?
10. How does Kate act after Faye's death?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)