|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Mrs. Trask get her venereal disease?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her priest.
2. How does Cathy injure Adam?
(a) She stabs him.
(b) She punches him.
(c) She hits him with a fire poker.
(d) She shoots him.
3. What does Adam do to keep Cathy from having her way after she gives birth?
(a) Watches the babies himself.
(b) Has Lee watch the babies.
(c) Gets a bodyguard.
(d) Locks her in her room.
4. Who does Adam say is his voice of reason?
5. Why are the babies crying when Cathy leaves the house?
(a) They need to be changed.
(b) They are scared.
(c) They are cold.
(d) They are hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cathy injure Adam?
2. What does Cathy get a job doing after she leaves Adam?
3. What can Cathy hear all day every day after she first moves to the ranch?
4. How does Cyrus lose his leg?
5. In what state does the story take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Charles to distrust Cathy when he first meets her?
2. What happens after Adam fights with Samuel in his house?
3. What does Cathy's father do when she tries to run away?
4. What does Mr. Edwards do when he takes Cathy back to her hometown?
5. What is included in the first chapter of the novel?
6. What gift does Faye give to Kate after she had been working for a little while?
7. What happens when Adam opens the door to Cathy's room after he has locked her in?
8. How does Samuel support his family?
9. What does Cyrus say to Adam before he leaves for the Army?
10. Why does Cyrus not encourage Charles to join the Army like Adam?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)