|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Trask die?
(a) She is stabbed.
(b) From consumption.
(c) From a venereal disease.
(d) She drowns herself.
2. What does Cathy say she is doing after she gives birth?
(a) Leaving Adam.
(b) Getting a nanny.
(c) Taking over the farm.
(d) Taking on a job.
3. What does Cathy do to the man who helps her deliver her babies?
(a) Bites his hand.
(b) Spits on him.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Kicks his jaw.
4. To where does Adam want to move after he gets married?
5. What does the narrator call Cathy?
(a) A she-devil.
(b) A whore.
(c) A monster.
(d) A dark angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Liz and Samuel most devoted to?
2. From whom does Mrs. Trask get her venereal disease?
3. In what state does the story take place?
4. How does Charles think Cyrus came across the money for his inheritance?
5. What makes Horace suspicious of Adam's wound?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Samuel tell Adam the truth about Kate and her brothel house?
2. How is George described when he is born?
3. What does Tom write in his letter to Will after Dessie's death?
4. What does Cal do when he sees how upset his father is about Aron joining the Army?
5. How does Cal respond to the news that his brother died at war?
6. What does Lee want to do after leaving Adam's service?
7. How does Adam feel about Cathy shortly after they are married?
8. Whom does Adam blame for the sad state of his boys?
9. What happens when Aron is alone with Abra?
10. How does Will make a lot of money during the war?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)