|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Cathy become a complete stranger to her parents?
2. What does Cathy tell the other girls that work with her about their boss?
(a) She doesn't like them.
(b) She has a bad past.
(c) She is cheating them.
(d) She is sick.
3. Why does Adam tell Horace that Cathy is not at the house when he comes to see Adam's wound?
(a) She is at a friend's house.
(b) She is at the hospital.
(c) She is visiting family members.
(d) She is on a walk.
4. Where is Samuel originally from?
5. What does Adam ask Samuel for help with?
(a) A broken door handle.
(b) His bleary vision.
(c) Cathy's childbirth.
(d) An injured workman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adam do to keep Cathy from having her way after she gives birth?
2. What does Adam do when Cathy will not respond to his pleas?
3. What kind of soil is on Samuel's land?
4. What is Adam's last name?
5. What is the name of Cyrus' second son?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Charles and Adam take the news of their large inheritance?
2. What does Lee ask Samuel for help with when the well is being dug?
3. How does Cathy get what she wants from her classmates, and how do they feel about this?
4. How does Adam feel about Cathy shortly after they are married?
5. What happens after Adam fights with Samuel in his house?
6. What does Adam use to repair his new home in California?
7. What does Cyrus say to Adam before he leaves for the Army?
8. What does Cathy's father do when she tries to run away?
9. What is included in the first chapter of the novel?
10. What does Adam hire Lee to do?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)