|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator call Cathy?
(a) A she-devil.
(b) A monster.
(c) A whore.
(d) A dark angel.
2. What name does Cathy take on after leaving Adam?
3. How do Cathy's parents die?
(a) They are poisoned.
(b) Their house burns down.
(c) They are shot.
(d) They drown themselves.
4. What does Adam do when Cathy will not respond to his pleas?
(b) Leaves the house.
(c) Opens the door.
(d) Slaps her.
5. What can Cathy hear all day every day after she first moves to the ranch?
(a) The train.
(b) The birds.
(c) The workmen.
(d) The horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the city Samuel and his wife move to?
2. Why does Adam ask Samuel for help?
3. What does Adam do when he realizes that his mother is sick?
4. What is Lee hired to do for Adam?
5. Where does Cathy injure Samuel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Charles and Adam take the news of their large inheritance?
2. How does Kate act after Faye's death?
3. What does Adam use to repair his new home in California?
4. What does Cathy's father do when she tries to run away?
5. What does Cyrus say to Adam before he leaves for the Army?
6. How do Adam and Charles meet Cathy?
7. How is George described when he is born?
8. What does Cathy say to Adam shortly after she gives birth?
9. What gift does Faye give to Kate after she had been working for a little while?
10. How does Cyrus' first wife die?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)