|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How large is the ranch Adam purchases?
(a) 600 acres.
(b) 900 acres.
(c) 700 acres.
(d) 800 acres.
2. What is Samuel's occupation?
(b) Real estate agent.
3. What is the name of the city Samuel and his wife move to?
(a) Carten City.
(b) Crown City.
(c) King City.
(d) Kernel City.
4. Where is Samuel originally from?
5. Where does Cathy injure Adam?
(a) His back.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His leg.
(d) His face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say will travel from the West to East Coast?
2. What kind of soil is on Samuel's land?
3. To where does Adam want to move after he gets married?
4. How does Samuel describe Cathy?
5. Where is Lee from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lee ask Samuel for help with when the well is being dug?
2. What happens after Adam fights with Samuel in his house?
3. How do Adam and Charles meet Cathy?
4. How does Cathy get what she wants from her classmates, and how do they feel about this?
5. What does Cathy say to Adam shortly after she gives birth?
6. How do Cathy's parents die?
7. How are the Hamilton daughters described by the narrator?
8. What does Cyrus say to Adam before he leaves for the Army?
9. What is Adam's ranch in California like?
10. What does Mr. Edwards do when he takes Cathy back to her hometown?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)