|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adam do when Cathy will not respond to his pleas?
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Opens the door.
(d) Leaves the house.
2. How does Mr. Edwards discover how Cathy's parents died?
(a) He puts Cathy in a trance and asks her.
(b) He sees it in the newspapers.
(c) He asks an agent from her hometown.
(d) He hires a private investigator.
3. Where is Samuel originally from?
4. What disease does Cyrus' second wife have?
5. How does Mrs. Trask die?
(a) She drowns herself.
(b) From a venereal disease.
(c) From consumption.
(d) She is stabbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Horace suspicious of Adam's wound?
2. What can Cathy hear all day every day after she first moves to the ranch?
3. What does Cathy kill while her mother is away?
4. How large is the ranch Adam purchases?
5. How many bottle of medicine does Kate steal from the doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cyrus' first wife die?
2. How do Cathy's parents die?
3. What gift does Faye give to Kate after she had been working for a little while?
4. How does Kate act after Faye's death?
5. What does Cyrus say to Adam before he leaves for the Army?
6. What is included in the first chapter of the novel?
7. What does Cathy's father do when she tries to run away?
8. What does Lee ask Samuel for help with when the well is being dug?
9. Why does Cyrus not encourage Charles to join the Army like Adam?
10. What causes Charles to distrust Cathy when he first meets her?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)