|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the city Samuel and his wife move to?
(a) Crown City.
(b) Kernel City.
(c) King City.
(d) Carten City.
2. Where does Cathy offer to take her boss on a trip?
(a) New York.
3. How does Cyrus lose his leg?
(a) In a duel.
(b) In a farming accident.
(c) In the war.
(d) In a car accident.
4. What does Samuel NOT have a talent for?
(a) Making money.
(b) Making friends.
(c) Judging character.
(d) Working with wood.
5. What is the name of Cathy's new boss after she leaves Adam?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Cathy's parents die?
2. How does Charles learn of his father's death?
3. How does Adam feel about his new wife?
4. What does Adam do when Cathy will not respond to his pleas?
5. How large is the ranch Adam purchases?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kate keep pictures of her clients, and how does Adam feel about this?
2. How do Charles and Adam take the news of their large inheritance?
3. How does Cal discover that his mother is still alive?
4. How does Ethel learn the truth about Faye's death?
5. How is George described when he is born?
6. How do Cathy's parents die?
7. What does Mr. Edwards do when he takes Cathy back to her hometown?
8. What does Adam name his boys, and why?
9. What does Joe Valery hope to do while working for Kate?
10. How does Kate respond to hearing that Charles has left her an inheritance?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)