Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cathy injure Adam?
(a) His back.
(b) His face.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His leg.
2. What is Lee hired to do for Adam?
(a) Build shelves and bookcases.
(b) Work as a housekeeper.
(c) Take care of the farm animals.
(d) Repair the old stove.
3. What kind of soil is on Samuel's land?
(a) Dry soil.
(b) Moist soil.
(c) Fertile soil.
(d) Acidic Soil.
4. From whom does Mrs. Trask get her venereal disease?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her priest.
5. What is found on the porch steps on the day Cathy's parents die?
(a) A bloody knife.
(b) A puddle of blood.
(c) A suicide note.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Horace think Cathy is not at the house when he comes to see Adam's wound?
2. How does Mr. Edwards discover how Cathy's parents died?
3. What does Cathy's father do to punish her for trying to run away?
4. What does Adam want Charles to do with his inheritance?
5. How large is the ranch Adam purchases?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ethel learn the truth about Faye's death?
2. How is George described when he is born?
3. What does Lee want to do after leaving Adam's service?
4. What is included in the first chapter of the novel?
5. Why does Cyrus not encourage Charles to join the Army like Adam?
6. Why does Kate keep pictures of her clients, and how does Adam feel about this?
7. What question does Cal ask Kate when he meets her?
8. How does Will make a lot of money during the war?
9. How does Samuel support his family?
10. How does Adam feel about Cathy shortly after they are married?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)