|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adam do to keep Cathy from having her way after she gives birth?
(a) Watches the babies himself.
(b) Gets a bodyguard.
(c) Has Lee watch the babies.
(d) Locks her in her room.
2. How large is the ranch Adam purchases?
(a) 800 acres.
(b) 900 acres.
(c) 700 acres.
(d) 600 acres.
3. Where did Adam grow up?
4. What is Horace Quinn's occupation?
(a) Train conductor.
5. What is Adam's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the babies crying when Cathy leaves the house?
2. How does Cathy get power over men?
3. Why does Cathy say she does not belong in Salinas Valley?
4. How does Adam feel about his new wife?
5. Why does Cathy not like to drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gift does Faye give to Kate after she had been working for a little while?
2. How do Cathy's parents die?
3. Whom does Adam blame for the sad state of his boys?
4. How do Adam and Charles meet Cathy?
5. What does Cyrus say to Adam before he leaves for the Army?
6. How do Charles and Adam take the news of their large inheritance?
7. What does Mr. Edwards do when he takes Cathy back to her hometown?
8. What causes Samuel to come talk to Adam after Cathy has been gone for more than a year?
9. What does Cathy do on her wedding night, and why?
10. What is included in the first chapter of the novel?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)