|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Aron spend most of his time at college?
(a) The science lab.
(b) His room.
(c) The library.
(d) The cafeteria.
2. How does Tom learn that his father has died?
(a) He gets a telegram.
(b) He receives a letter.
(c) He reads about it in the newspaper.
(d) His mother calls him.
3. Why does Abra think she is not good enough for Aron?
(a) She has had other lovers.
(b) She did not tell him the truth about his mother.
(c) She cannot live up to his ideals of a mother.
(d) She is not completely honest like he is.
4. What does George Hamilton sell?
5. How does Adam contact his brother after meeting with Kate?
(a) He sends a telegram.
(b) He calls him on the phone.
(c) He writes a letter.
(d) He goes to visit.
6. Whom is Joe sent to spy on?
7. How does Lee feel about Abra?
(a) He sees her as his own daughter.
(b) He wishes that he were younger so he could court her.
(c) He thinks she needs protection.
(d) He does not approve of her feelings for Aron.
8. What does Cal think his mother is afraid of?
9. What ruins Adam's first shipment to the East Coast?
(a) Logistical problems.
(b) Bad weather.
(c) Bad ice.
(d) Mechanical problems.
10. What is the occupation of Samuel's oldest daughter's husband?
11. What surprises Adam most about Kate when he sees her in the brothel?
(a) She has a mean look in her eyes.
(b) Her evil ways are physically manifest.
(c) How much she has aged.
(d) That she has not changed at all.
12. What does Cal crave in his life?
13. What does Caleb pray for when he goes to bed after realizing that his mother is alive?
(a) That God will help him see his mother again.
(b) That God will forgive his mother.
(c) To be as good as his brother.
(d) To help him forgive his father's lie.
14. When does Aron plan to talk to his father about his feelings regarding college?
(b) New Year's.
(c) Summer break.
15. How does Tom plan to raise the money to take a trip with Dessie?
(a) Sell a piece of land.
(b) Rent out the farmhouse.
(c) Start a carriage-ride business.
(d) Raise and sell pigs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lee want to open his bookstore?
2. What does Kate do when she learns that Cal is her son?
3. In what industry does Joe work?
4. What does Lee say is not a sin?
5. What kind of shop does Dessie own?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)