|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Adam get when the war begins?
(a) Military personnel manager.
(b) Exporter of goods.
(c) Draft board member.
(d) War correspondant.
2. To whom does Charles leave his estate in his will?
(a) Thomas and Liza.
(b) Adam and Cathy.
(c) Caleb and Aaron.
(d) Kate and Faye.
3. What does Kate do when she learns that Cal is her son?
(a) Invites him into the brothel.
(b) Cries and runs away.
(c) Sends him away.
(d) Slaps him.
4. What street is Kate's brothel on?
(a) Cat's Cradle Street.
(b) Callington Way.
(c) Catherine Way.
(d) Castroville Street.
5. Why does Cal choose to follow his mother?
(a) To prove Lee wrong.
(b) To help his father.
(c) To get to know her.
(d) To tell Aron about her.
6. How does Adam contact his brother after meeting with Kate?
(a) He writes a letter.
(b) He calls him on the phone.
(c) He goes to visit.
(d) He sends a telegram.
7. What does Lee know about Samuel when they meet for the last time?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is in love.
(c) He is dying.
(d) He has a secret.
8. Why can Joe Valery not get a better job?
(a) He is an ex-convict.
(b) He is uneducated.
(c) His father forces him to do what he does.
(d) His wife has the money in the family.
9. How does Caleb realize that his mother is alive?
(a) He sees her in town.
(b) He sees a letter from her.
(c) He hears Adam talking about her.
(d) He has a dream about her.
10. How much money does Adam have left after his first shipment is ruined?
11. What does Will Hamilton export during wartime?
12. What does Lee think makes one like unto God?
(a) Coming to understand God.
(b) Making virtuous choices.
(c) Seeing the true nature in people.
(d) Fighting the urge to sin.
13. Whom is Joe sent to spy on?
14. What does Aron want to do in his future?
(a) Go to college.
(b) Start a business.
(c) Be a farmer.
(d) Travel extensively.
15. What is Joe Valery's occupation?
(b) Brothel assistant.
(c) Train conductor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cal say he actively tries not to be?
2. Why does Cal struggle to make friends after his family moves?
3. What causes Dessie's business to fail?
4. Where does Dessie feel sharp pain at times?
5. What does Lee say is the most important word in the Bible?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)