|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lee feel about Abra?
(a) He wishes that he were younger so he could court her.
(b) He sees her as his own daughter.
(c) He thinks she needs protection.
(d) He does not approve of her feelings for Aron.
2. What physical malady does Kate develop?
(a) Blindness in one eye.
(c) Deafness in one ear.
3. What does Adam buy from Will Hamilton?
(a) A house.
(b) A gun.
(c) A car.
(d) A camera.
4. What does Cal do at night while his family sleeps?
(a) Reads books.
(b) Gambles with homeless men.
(c) Draws pictures of his mother.
(d) Walks the streets.
5. What kind of shop does Dessie own?
(a) Candy shop.
(b) Millinery shop.
(c) Grocery store.
6. What does Lee think makes one like unto God?
(a) Coming to understand God.
(b) Seeing the true nature in people.
(c) Fighting the urge to sin.
(d) Making virtuous choices.
7. What does Cal want to do in his future?
(a) Start a business.
(b) Be a farmer.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Travel extensively.
8. What does Lee say is the most important word in the Bible?
9. What does Adam do when he hears that Cathy runs a whorehouse?
(a) He slaps Lee.
(b) He faints.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He cries.
10. What does Cal plan to do with his share of Will's business success?
(a) Pay for Aron's college funds.
(b) Invest it in Adam's business.
(c) Give it to Adam.
(d) Travel to Europe.
11. Why does Samuel worry about Tom?
(a) He never has any friends.
(b) He cannot keep money.
(c) He seems belligerent and greedy.
(d) He has no life direction.
12. Who knew that Lee would not stay away from the family long?
13. How does Adam contact his brother after meeting with Kate?
(a) He goes to visit.
(b) He writes a letter.
(c) He sends a telegram.
(d) He calls him on the phone.
14. How does Tom learn that his father has died?
(a) He reads about it in the newspaper.
(b) He receives a letter.
(c) He gets a telegram.
(d) His mother calls him.
15. Why does Kate keep pictures of her clients?
(a) As a brag book.
(b) As a journal of sorts.
(c) For blackmail.
(d) To remember them by.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what industry does Joe work?
2. What does Lee know about Samuel when they meet for the last time?
3. What do Caleb and Aaron use to hunt in the spring?
4. What does George Hamilton sell?
5. What did the narrator say followed Dessie wherever she went?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)