|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What university does Aron attend?
2. What did the narrator say followed Dessie wherever she went?
3. What does Cal say he actively tries not to be?
4. What is Joe Valery's occupation?
(c) Brothel assistant.
(d) Train conductor.
5. What does Cal think his mother is afraid of?
6. Where does Dessie want to take a trip with Tom?
7. What causes Dessie's business to fail?
(a) A change in trends.
(b) Oversaturation of the market.
(c) Machine-made clothes.
(d) Her sickness.
8. What does Adam buy from Will Hamilton?
(a) A house.
(b) A gun.
(c) A camera.
(d) A car.
9. What feeling burdens Adam as he works in his new position during the war?
10. What physical malady does Kate develop?
(a) Blindness in one eye.
(d) Deafness in one ear.
11. Whom is Joe sent to spy on?
12. What does Lee think makes one like unto God?
(a) Fighting the urge to sin.
(b) Making virtuous choices.
(c) Coming to understand God.
(d) Seeing the true nature in people.
13. Why does Cal struggle to make friends after his family moves?
(a) He is a nerd.
(b) He is incredibly shy.
(c) He looks strange.
(d) He is a bully.
14. Why does Abra think she is not good enough for Aron?
(a) She is not completely honest like he is.
(b) She did not tell him the truth about his mother.
(c) She has had other lovers.
(d) She cannot live up to his ideals of a mother.
15. To whom does Charles leave his estate in his will?
(a) Adam and Cathy.
(b) Caleb and Aaron.
(c) Thomas and Liza.
(d) Kate and Faye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Samuel's oldest daughter?
2. What does Caleb pray for when he goes to bed after realizing that his mother is alive?
3. To whom does Adam talk most about his feelings regarding the war?
4. Where does Dessie go after closing her shop?
5. What does Cal plan to do with his share of Will's business success?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)