|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Dessie's business to fail?
(a) A change in trends.
(b) Machine-made clothes.
(c) Oversaturation of the market.
(d) Her sickness.
2. What does Aron want to do in his future?
(a) Start a business.
(b) Travel extensively.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Be a farmer.
3. How long had it been since Adam had heard from Charles when he tries to contact him after his meeting with Kate?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 9 years.
4. What feeling burdens Adam as he works in his new position during the war?
5. What kind of shop does Dessie own?
(a) Grocery store.
(b) Millinery shop.
(d) Candy shop.
6. Where does Lee want to open his bookstore?
(a) San Bernardino.
(b) San Diego.
(c) Salinas Valley.
(d) San Francisco.
7. Whom is Joe sent to spy on?
8. Why does Cal struggle to make friends after his family moves?
(a) He is a bully.
(b) He is incredibly shy.
(c) He looks strange.
(d) He is a nerd.
9. Who tells Adam about Cathy running the whorehouse?
10. What does Lee think makes one like unto God?
(a) Seeing the true nature in people.
(b) Coming to understand God.
(c) Making virtuous choices.
(d) Fighting the urge to sin.
11. How does Tom plan to raise the money to take a trip with Dessie?
(a) Start a carriage-ride business.
(b) Sell a piece of land.
(c) Rent out the farmhouse.
(d) Raise and sell pigs.
12. What street is Kate's brothel on?
(a) Castroville Street.
(b) Callington Way.
(c) Catherine Way.
(d) Cat's Cradle Street.
13. In what industry does Joe work?
14. What does Lee say is the most important word in the Bible?
15. How much money does Cal get from his business deal with Will Hamilton?
Short Answer Questions
1. What university does Aron attend?
2. What does Lee know about Samuel when they meet for the last time?
3. What does Cal plan to do with his share of Will's business success?
4. What about humans does Lee say is never destroyed?
5. How does Adam contact his brother after meeting with Kate?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)