|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joe Valery's occupation?
(b) Train conductor.
(d) Brothel assistant.
2. Where does Dessie feel sharp pain at times?
(a) Her stomach.
(b) Her head.
(c) Her back.
(d) Her legs.
3. What kind of animals do Caleb and Aaron hunt in the spring?
4. Who tells Adam to tell his boys the truth about their mother?
5. What causes Adam to try to get to know Cal better?
(a) Cal asks about his mother.
(b) Lee tells Adam to.
(c) Adam finds a picture Cal drew.
(d) Cal is arrested.
6. What does Lee know about Samuel when they meet for the last time?
(a) He is in love.
(b) He is depressed.
(c) He is dying.
(d) He has a secret.
7. What does Kate tell Adam that helps him to let go of his love for her?
(a) She misses him.
(b) She dreams about Samuel.
(c) She slept with Charles.
(d) She forgot she had children.
8. What does George Hamilton sell?
9. What does Lee think makes one like unto God?
(a) Coming to understand God.
(b) Making virtuous choices.
(c) Fighting the urge to sin.
(d) Seeing the true nature in people.
10. What does Cal crave in his life?
11. What surprises Adam most about Kate when he sees her in the brothel?
(a) How much she has aged.
(b) Her evil ways are physically manifest.
(c) She has a mean look in her eyes.
(d) That she has not changed at all.
12. What does Cal say he actively tries not to be?
13. What about humans does Lee say is never destroyed?
(a) The mind.
(b) The conscience.
(c) The soul.
(d) The will.
14. Why does Cal struggle to make friends after his family moves?
(a) He is a bully.
(b) He is a nerd.
(c) He looks strange.
(d) He is incredibly shy.
15. Where does Lee want to open his bookstore?
(a) San Diego.
(b) San Bernardino.
(c) Salinas Valley.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dessie go after closing her shop?
2. Who tells Aron the truth about his mother?
3. How does Adam contact his brother after meeting with Kate?
4. What does Kate do when she learns that Cal is her son?
5. What does Cal think his mother is afraid of?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)