Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cathy injure Adam?
(a) His back.
(b) His face.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His leg.
2. What is Lee hired to do for Adam?
(a) Build shelves and bookcases.
(b) Work as a housekeeper.
(c) Take care of the farm animals.
(d) Repair the old stove.
3. What kind of soil is on Samuel's land?
(a) Dry soil.
(b) Moist soil.
(c) Fertile soil.
(d) Acidic Soil.
4. From whom does Mrs. Trask get her venereal disease?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her priest.
5. What is found on the porch steps on the day Cathy's parents die?
(a) A bloody knife.
(b) A puddle of blood.
(c) A suicide note.
6. Why does Horace think Cathy is not at the house when he comes to see Adam's wound?
(a) Adam forced her to hide from Horace.
(b) Adam killed her.
(c) She left him.
(d) She is visiting family.
7. How does Mr. Edwards discover how Cathy's parents died?
(a) He sees it in the newspapers.
(b) He asks an agent from her hometown.
(c) He puts Cathy in a trance and asks her.
(d) He hires a private investigator.
8. What does Cathy's father do to punish her for trying to run away?
(a) Whips her.
(b) Locks her in her room.
(c) Signs her up for boarding school.
(d) Sends her to live with her aunt.
9. What does Adam want Charles to do with his inheritance?
(a) Pay off his debts.
(b) Fix up the farm.
(c) Move to California.
(d) Get an education.
10. How large is the ranch Adam purchases?
(a) 600 acres.
(b) 700 acres.
(c) 800 acres.
(d) 900 acres.
11. What does Cathy tell the other girls that work with her about their boss?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She doesn't like them.
(c) She is cheating them.
(d) She has a bad past.
12. What is the name of Cyrus' second wife?
13. What does Cathy get a job doing after she leaves Adam?
14. What does Cyrus try to convince Adam to do when he is younger?
(a) Join the military.
(b) Go to college.
(c) Get married.
(d) Become a farmer.
15. What name does Cathy take on after her parents die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Cathy's childbirth a battle?
2. What are Liz and Samuel most devoted to?
3. Where is Samuel originally from?
4. Where is Mrs. Trask when she dies?
5. Where does Cathy injure Samuel?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)