|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cathy get power over men?
(a) She uses overt sexuality.
(b) She makes herself seem superior.
(c) She finds their weaknesses and preys on them.
(d) She makes them feel strong.
2. What name does Cathy take on after leaving Adam?
3. What year does Cyrus die?
4. Where is Lee from?
5. What can Cathy hear all day every day after she first moves to the ranch?
(a) The train.
(b) The birds.
(c) The workmen.
(d) The horses.
6. From whom does Mrs. Trask get her venereal disease?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her priest.
7. How does Adam feel about his new wife?
(a) He distrusts her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He is proud that she is his.
(d) He is scared of her.
8. Where did Adam grow up?
9. What disease does Cyrus' second wife have?
10. What is Adam drilling on his land?
(a) A basement.
(b) A bomb shelter.
(c) A well.
(d) A mine.
11. How does Cyrus lose his leg?
(a) In a car accident.
(b) In the war.
(c) In a duel.
(d) In a farming accident.
12. How does Cathy's new boss view her relationship with Cathy?
(a) She sees Cathy as her lover.
(b) She sees Cathy as her daughter.
(c) She sees Cathy as her business partner.
(d) She sees Cathy as a sister.
13. Who takes care of the twins after Cathy leaves?
14. To where does Adam want to move after he gets married?
15. Where does Cathy offer to take her boss on a trip?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Samuel describe Cathy?
2. How do Cathy's parents die?
3. What does Mr. Edwards hire Cathy to do?
4. How large is the ranch Adam purchases?
5. What is Samuel's last name?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)