|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cathy injure Samuel?
(a) His arm.
(b) His foot.
(c) His hand.
(d) His leg.
2. In what state does the story take place?
(c) New Mexico.
(d) New Jersey.
3. What is the name of the city Samuel and his wife move to?
(a) Kernel City.
(b) Crown City.
(c) King City.
(d) Carten City.
4. What does Adam do when he realizes that his mother is sick?
(a) Applies to medical school.
(b) Calls the doctor.
(c) Withdraws from her.
(d) Leaves little gifts for her.
5. How do Cathy's classmates feel about her?
(a) They love her.
(b) They fear her.
(c) They hate her.
(d) They are jealous of her.
6. Where did Adam grow up?
7. How does Cathy injure Adam?
(a) She punches him.
(b) She shoots him.
(c) She hits him with a fire poker.
(d) She stabs him.
8. What is Cathy's last name?
9. What does Cyrus try to convince Adam to do when he is younger?
(a) Become a farmer.
(b) Join the military.
(c) Get married.
(d) Go to college.
10. What name does Cathy take on after leaving Adam?
11. Why does Adam ask Samuel for help?
(a) He is the only one who has childbirth knowledge.
(b) He is not afraid of Cathy.
(c) He is less expensive.
(d) He is the closest neighbor.
12. What does Mr. Edwards do to Cathy when he takes her back to her hometown?
(a) Exposes her crime.
(b) Abandons her.
(c) Ravishes her.
(d) Beats her.
13. What is found on the porch steps on the day Cathy's parents die?
(a) A suicide note.
(c) A puddle of blood.
(d) A bloody knife.
14. What is Samuel's occupation?
(d) Real estate agent.
15. How does Cyrus raise his children?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He pampers them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs the Trask farm after Adam goes to war?
2. Why does Horace think Cathy is not at the house when he comes to see Adam's wound?
3. What does Adam ask Samuel for help with?
4. What does the narrator call Cathy?
5. What does Adam want Charles to do with his inheritance?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)