|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charles think Cyrus came across the money for his inheritance?
(a) Scrimping and saving.
(b) Illegal means.
(c) Smart investments.
(d) Hiding it from his wives.
2. To where does Adam want to move after he gets married?
3. How does Cathy injure Adam?
(a) She punches him.
(b) She shoots him.
(c) She hits him with a fire poker.
(d) She stabs him.
4. What is Adam drilling on his land?
(a) A basement.
(b) A well.
(c) A bomb shelter.
(d) A mine.
5. What is Cathy's last name?
6. What does Cyrus try to convince Adam to do when he is younger?
(a) Become a farmer.
(b) Join the military.
(c) Get married.
(d) Go to college.
7. Where does Cathy offer to take her boss on a trip?
(c) New York.
8. Where did Adam grow up?
9. What is the name of the city Samuel and his wife move to?
(a) Crown City.
(b) King City.
(c) Kernel City.
(d) Carten City.
10. What is the name of Cyrus' second son?
11. How are Adam and Cyrus related?
(a) Cyrus is Adam's father.
(b) Cyrus and Adam are brothers.
(c) Adam and Cyrus are cousins.
(d) Adam is Cyrus' uncle.
12. How does Samuel describe Cathy?
13. How do Cathy's classmates feel about her?
(a) They are jealous of her.
(b) They love her.
(c) They hate her.
(d) They fear her.
14. In what state does the story take place?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) New Mexico.
15. What is the name of Cathy's new boss after she leaves Adam?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cathy's father do to punish her for trying to run away?
2. What is the name of Cyrus' second wife?
3. What kind of soil is on Samuel's land?
4. What disease does Cyrus' second wife have?
5. What can Cathy hear all day every day after she first moves to the ranch?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)