|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Liz and Samuel most devoted to?
(b) Each other.
(c) Their children.
(d) Their neighbors.
2. Where is Samuel originally from?
3. How does Adam say he got wounded?
(a) He shot himself while cleaning the gun.
(b) His wife shot him.
(c) He dropped the gun and it went off.
(d) He was trying to kill himself.
4. Where is Mrs. Trask when she dies?
(a) A pew at church.
(b) Her bed.
(c) Her mother's house.
(d) A shallow pond.
5. How does Cathy dress before meeting with her new boss?
(a) Like a little girl.
(b) As a businesswoman.
(c) As a young maiden.
(d) Like a whore.
6. How are Adam and Cyrus related?
(a) Adam and Cyrus are cousins.
(b) Cyrus and Adam are brothers.
(c) Adam is Cyrus' uncle.
(d) Cyrus is Adam's father.
7. What does Adam ask Samuel for help with?
(a) Cathy's childbirth.
(b) An injured workman.
(c) A broken door handle.
(d) His bleary vision.
8. How does Cathy get power over men?
(a) She finds their weaknesses and preys on them.
(b) She uses overt sexuality.
(c) She makes them feel strong.
(d) She makes herself seem superior.
9. What position does Cyrus take after Adam goes to war?
(a) Secretary of agriculture.
(b) Secretary of war.
(c) Secretary of state.
(d) Secretary of defense.
10. How do Cathy's classmates feel about her?
(a) They fear her.
(b) They love her.
(c) They are jealous of her.
(d) They hate her.
11. Where does Cathy injure Adam?
(a) His leg.
(b) His face.
(c) His back.
(d) His shoulder.
12. What year does Cyrus die?
13. What does Cyrus tell Adam before he leaves home for the first time?
(a) He loves him more than Charles.
(b) Anna is not his mother.
(c) He has never been prouder of him.
(d) His mother is dying.
14. What name does Cathy take on after her parents die?
15. How does Cathy's new boss view her relationship with Cathy?
(a) She sees Cathy as her business partner.
(b) She sees Cathy as a sister.
(c) She sees Cathy as her daughter.
(d) She sees Cathy as her lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cathy's father do to punish her for trying to run away?
2. What is Charles doing when he injures his head?
3. What kind of soil is on Samuel's land?
4. Who runs the Trask farm after Adam goes to war?
5. Why does Adam tell Horace that Cathy is not at the house when he comes to see Adam's wound?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)