|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Adam say he got wounded?
(a) He shot himself while cleaning the gun.
(b) He dropped the gun and it went off.
(c) He was trying to kill himself.
(d) His wife shot him.
2. At what age does Cathy become a complete stranger to her parents?
3. Who is the narrator of the book?
(a) An omniscient being.
(b) The main character.
(c) The president.
(d) The author.
4. How does Adam feel about his new wife?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He is proud that she is his.
(c) He distrusts her.
(d) He is scared of her.
5. In what state does the story take place?
(b) New Mexico.
(d) New Jersey.
6. What disease does Cyrus' second wife have?
7. Who takes care of the twins after Cathy leaves?
8. What is the name of Cathy's new boss after she leaves Adam?
9. What does Cyrus try to convince Adam to do when he is younger?
(a) Get married.
(b) Join the military.
(c) Become a farmer.
(d) Go to college.
10. What does Mr. Edwards hire Cathy to do?
(a) Be his public girlfriend.
(b) Be a slave.
(c) Be a whore.
(d) Be a maid.
11. What does Adam do when he realizes that his mother is sick?
(a) Calls the doctor.
(b) Leaves little gifts for her.
(c) Withdraws from her.
(d) Applies to medical school.
12. Where did Adam grow up?
13. What is Adam's last name?
14. What is Samuel's occupation?
(a) Real estate agent.
15. How does Mrs. Trask die?
(a) From a venereal disease.
(b) She is stabbed.
(c) She drowns herself.
(d) From consumption.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cathy kill while her mother is away?
2. Who gives Adam needed advice after Cathy leaves?
3. What gift does Cathy's new boss give her after she leaves Adam?
4. Why does Horace think Cathy is not at the house when he comes to see Adam's wound?
5. What name does Cathy take on after leaving Adam?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)