|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cyrus move after Adam goes to war?
(a) New York.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. What disease does Cyrus' second wife have?
3. What does Samuel NOT have a talent for?
(a) Working with wood.
(b) Making friends.
(c) Judging character.
(d) Making money.
4. Where is Mrs. Trask when she dies?
(a) Her mother's house.
(b) A shallow pond.
(c) Her bed.
(d) A pew at church.
5. What kind of soil is on Samuel's land?
(a) Moist soil.
(b) Dry soil.
(c) Acidic Soil.
(d) Fertile soil.
6. What does Adam do when he realizes that his mother is sick?
(a) Leaves little gifts for her.
(b) Withdraws from her.
(c) Calls the doctor.
(d) Applies to medical school.
7. What does Adam want Charles to do with his inheritance?
(a) Move to California.
(b) Fix up the farm.
(c) Pay off his debts.
(d) Get an education.
8. What name does Cathy take on after her parents die?
9. From whom does Mrs. Trask get her venereal disease?
(a) Her priest.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her lover.
10. How does Mr. Edwards discover how Cathy's parents died?
(a) He asks an agent from her hometown.
(b) He hires a private investigator.
(c) He puts Cathy in a trance and asks her.
(d) He sees it in the newspapers.
11. What are Liz and Samuel most devoted to?
(a) Their neighbors.
(c) Their children.
(d) Each other.
12. To where does Cathy try to run away?
(a) New York.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) Salt Lake City.
13. What does Cathy tell the other girls that work with her about their boss?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She doesn't like them.
(c) She is cheating them.
(d) She has a bad past.
14. Why are the babies crying when Cathy leaves the house?
(a) They are hungry.
(b) They are cold.
(c) They need to be changed.
(d) They are scared.
15. What does Cathy get a job doing after she leaves Adam?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Cyrus leave to his sons?
2. How do Cathy's classmates feel about her?
3. Who calls Cathy's childbirth a battle?
4. What can Cathy hear all day every day after she first moves to the ranch?
5. What is the name of Samuel's wife?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)