|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Cathy take on after leaving Adam?
2. How does Cathy feel about moving where Adam wants to after their marriage?
(a) She manipulated Adam into wanting to go there.
(b) She doesn't want to.
(c) She doesn't care either way.
(d) She is thrilled about it.
3. From whom does Mrs. Trask get her venereal disease?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her priest.
(d) Her lover.
4. How are Adam and Cyrus related?
(a) Cyrus and Adam are brothers.
(b) Adam is Cyrus' uncle.
(c) Adam and Cyrus are cousins.
(d) Cyrus is Adam's father.
5. Where does Cathy injure Adam?
(a) His face.
(b) His back.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His leg.
6. Where does Cathy offer to take her boss on a trip?
(b) New York.
7. What does Samuel NOT have a talent for?
(a) Making money.
(b) Working with wood.
(c) Judging character.
(d) Making friends.
8. How does Cathy get what she wants from people?
(a) She makes threats.
(b) She lies.
(c) She asks nicely.
(d) She pays.
9. What two things is Samuel well-known for?
(a) Religous fervor and love.
(b) Pride and arrogance.
(c) Integrity and kindness.
(d) Ignorance and humility.
10. Where did Adam grow up?
11. What is found on the porch steps on the day Cathy's parents die?
(b) A puddle of blood.
(c) A suicide note.
(d) A bloody knife.
12. How does Cathy get power over men?
(a) She uses overt sexuality.
(b) She makes herself seem superior.
(c) She finds their weaknesses and preys on them.
(d) She makes them feel strong.
13. Why are the babies crying when Cathy leaves the house?
(a) They need to be changed.
(b) They are hungry.
(c) They are scared.
(d) They are cold.
14. Why does Adam tell Horace that Cathy is not at the house when he comes to see Adam's wound?
(a) She is visiting family members.
(b) She is at the hospital.
(c) She is on a walk.
(d) She is at a friend's house.
15. Where is Mrs. Trask when she dies?
(a) Her mother's house.
(b) Her bed.
(c) A shallow pond.
(d) A pew at church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lee from?
2. How large is the ranch Adam purchases?
3. What makes Horace suspicious of Adam's wound?
4. How does Cyrus lose his leg?
5. What is Lee hired to do for Adam?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)