|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cathy do to the man who helps her deliver her babies?
(a) Kicks his jaw.
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Bites his hand.
(d) Spits on him.
2. What is Adam drilling on his land?
(a) A bomb shelter.
(b) A well.
(c) A mine.
(d) A basement.
3. What does Mr. Edwards do to Cathy when he takes her back to her hometown?
(a) Abandons her.
(b) Beats her.
(c) Exposes her crime.
(d) Ravishes her.
4. Why does Adam tell Horace that Cathy is not at the house when he comes to see Adam's wound?
(a) She is visiting family members.
(b) She is on a walk.
(c) She is at a friend's house.
(d) She is at the hospital.
5. How much money does Cyrus leave to his sons?
6. Where does Cyrus move after Adam goes to war?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(d) New York.
7. What is Adam's last name?
8. From whom does Mrs. Trask get her venereal disease?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her priest.
9. Where does Cathy injure Adam?
(a) His leg.
(b) His face.
(c) His back.
(d) His shoulder.
10. What does Cathy get a job doing after she leaves Adam?
11. What name does Cathy take on after her parents die?
12. How does Cathy get power over men?
(a) She makes herself seem superior.
(b) She uses overt sexuality.
(c) She finds their weaknesses and preys on them.
(d) She makes them feel strong.
13. What two things is Samuel well-known for?
(a) Integrity and kindness.
(b) Religous fervor and love.
(c) Pride and arrogance.
(d) Ignorance and humility.
14. What is the name of Cyrus' second wife?
15. Why are the babies crying when Cathy leaves the house?
(a) They need to be changed.
(b) They are hungry.
(c) They are cold.
(d) They are scared.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Adam ask Samuel for help?
2. Where is Samuel originally from?
3. What is the name of Cathy's new boss after she leaves Adam?
4. What does the narrator say will travel from the West to East Coast?
5. How does Adam say he got wounded?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)