|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charles learn of his father's death?
(a) He is there when it happens.
(b) Adam tells him.
(c) He gets a call from the hospital.
(d) He receives a letter.
2. What two things is Samuel well-known for?
(a) Integrity and kindness.
(b) Religous fervor and love.
(c) Pride and arrogance.
(d) Ignorance and humility.
3. Who does Adam say is his voice of reason?
4. What gift does Cathy's new boss give her after she leaves Adam?
(a) A key to the nicest room in the house.
(b) A will stating that she will inherit the business.
(c) The combination to the safe.
(d) A new dress.
5. What is the name of Samuel's wife?
6. Why does Horace think Cathy is not at the house when he comes to see Adam's wound?
(a) She left him.
(b) Adam forced her to hide from Horace.
(c) She is visiting family.
(d) Adam killed her.
7. What is found on the porch steps on the day Cathy's parents die?
(a) A puddle of blood.
(b) A bloody knife.
(c) A suicide note.
8. What does Adam do when he realizes that his mother is sick?
(a) Calls the doctor.
(b) Leaves little gifts for her.
(c) Withdraws from her.
(d) Applies to medical school.
9. Where is Samuel originally from?
10. What does Cathy say she is doing after she gives birth?
(a) Taking on a job.
(b) Leaving Adam.
(c) Taking over the farm.
(d) Getting a nanny.
11. How does Mrs. Trask die?
(a) From consumption.
(b) She drowns herself.
(c) She is stabbed.
(d) From a venereal disease.
12. How large is the ranch Adam purchases?
(a) 600 acres.
(b) 800 acres.
(c) 700 acres.
(d) 900 acres.
13. What position does Cyrus take after Adam goes to war?
(a) Secretary of state.
(b) Secretary of agriculture.
(c) Secretary of war.
(d) Secretary of defense.
14. What is Samuel's occupation?
(c) Real estate agent.
15. How does Cathy injure Adam?
(a) She punches him.
(b) She shoots him.
(c) She stabs him.
(d) She hits him with a fire poker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator call Cathy?
2. What is the name of Cyrus' second wife?
3. Who takes care of the twins after Cathy leaves?
4. How do Cathy's parents die?
5. What does Mr. Edwards do to Cathy when he takes her back to her hometown?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)