|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Adam needed advice after Cathy leaves?
2. Why are the babies crying when Cathy leaves the house?
(a) They are scared.
(b) They need to be changed.
(c) They are cold.
(d) They are hungry.
3. What does Samuel NOT have a talent for?
(a) Making friends.
(b) Judging character.
(c) Working with wood.
(d) Making money.
4. Why does Cathy say she does not belong in Salinas Valley?
(a) It is not good enough for her.
(b) She is not the most beautiful woman there.
(c) It is too lush and green.
(d) She does not speak the language.
5. What is Samuel's last name?
6. What does Mr. Edwards do to Cathy when he takes her back to her hometown?
(a) Ravishes her.
(b) Exposes her crime.
(c) Abandons her.
(d) Beats her.
7. What does the doctor say Cathy's boss died of?
(c) A venereal disease.
8. What are Liz and Samuel most devoted to?
(a) Their children.
(b) Their neighbors.
(d) Each other.
9. How do Cathy's classmates feel about her?
(a) They hate her.
(b) They fear her.
(c) They are jealous of her.
(d) They love her.
10. What does Cathy get a job doing after she leaves Adam?
11. What position does Cyrus take after Adam goes to war?
(a) Secretary of defense.
(b) Secretary of war.
(c) Secretary of state.
(d) Secretary of agriculture.
12. How does Samuel describe Cathy?
13. Where does Cyrus move after Adam goes to war?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
14. Who takes care of the twins after Cathy leaves?
15. What is Horace Quinn's occupation?
(a) Train conductor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How large is the ranch Adam purchases?
2. What does Cyrus tell Adam before he leaves home for the first time?
3. What name does Cathy take on after her parents die?
4. What is the name of the city Samuel and his wife move to?
5. Where is Lee from?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)