Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Part 1, Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
1. What does Cyrus say to Adam before he leaves for the Army?
2. Why does Cyrus not encourage Charles to join the Army like Adam?
3. How is George described when he is born?
4. How is Joseph Hamilton described by the narrator?
5. How are the Hamilton daughters described by the narrator?
6. How does Cyrus' first wife die?
7. How does Samuel support his family?
This section contains 814 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)