|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 and 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does the story take place?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New Mexico.
2. What does Caleb pray for when he goes to bed after realizing that his mother is alive?
(a) That God will help him see his mother again.
(b) To help him forgive his father's lie.
(c) To be as good as his brother.
(d) That God will forgive his mother.
3. How does Lee feel about Abra?
(a) He wishes that he were younger so he could court her.
(b) He does not approve of her feelings for Aron.
(c) He thinks she needs protection.
(d) He sees her as his own daughter.
4. What does Adam do when he hears that Cathy runs a whorehouse?
(a) He slaps Lee.
(b) He cries.
(c) He faints.
(d) He runs away.
5. How does Mr. Edwards discover how Cathy's parents died?
(a) He puts Cathy in a trance and asks her.
(b) He sees it in the newspapers.
(c) He hires a private investigator.
(d) He asks an agent from her hometown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Adam tell Horace that Cathy is not at the house when he comes to see Adam's wound?
2. What does Lee think makes one like unto God?
3. What does Cal say he actively tries not to be?
4. What does Kate do when she learns that Cal is her son?
5. How does Cathy get what she wants from people?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)