|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does the story take place?
(a) New Jersey.
(c) New Mexico.
2. Where does Cathy injure Adam?
(a) His face.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His leg.
(d) His back.
3. What does Mr. Edwards do to Cathy when he takes her back to her hometown?
(a) Exposes her crime.
(b) Beats her.
(c) Abandons her.
(d) Ravishes her.
4. What kind of soil is on Samuel's land?
(a) Moist soil.
(b) Acidic Soil.
(c) Fertile soil.
(d) Dry soil.
5. Why does Cathy say she does not belong in Salinas Valley?
(a) She does not speak the language.
(b) It is too lush and green.
(c) She is not the most beautiful woman there.
(d) It is not good enough for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Horace suspicious of Adam's wound?
2. How does Mr. Edwards discover how Cathy's parents died?
3. What is Adam drilling on his land?
4. What is found on the porch steps on the day Cathy's parents die?
5. What disease does Cyrus' second wife have?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)