|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charles doing when he injures his head?
(a) Sleeping in his bed.
(b) Moving a boulder.
(c) Breaking a wild horse.
(d) Driving while drunk.
2. How does Charles learn of his father's death?
(a) Adam tells him.
(b) He receives a letter.
(c) He is there when it happens.
(d) He gets a call from the hospital.
3. Why does Horace think Cathy is not at the house when he comes to see Adam's wound?
(a) She left him.
(b) She is visiting family.
(c) Adam forced her to hide from Horace.
(d) Adam killed her.
4. Why does Cathy say she does not belong in Salinas Valley?
(a) She does not speak the language.
(b) It is not good enough for her.
(c) She is not the most beautiful woman there.
(d) It is too lush and green.
5. What makes Horace suspicious of Adam's wound?
(a) The looks of his housekeeper.
(b) The nature of his wound.
(c) His skittish behavior.
(d) His darting eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adam do when Cathy will not respond to his pleas?
2. What is the name of Cathy's new boss after she leaves Adam?
3. Who takes care of the twins after Cathy leaves?
4. What is Adam's last name?
5. What is the name of Samuel's wife?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)