|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Adam drilling on his land?
(a) A bomb shelter.
(b) A mine.
(c) A basement.
(d) A well.
2. What is Horace Quinn's occupation?
(a) Train conductor.
3. In what state does the story take place?
(a) New Mexico.
(c) New Jersey.
4. How large is the ranch Adam purchases?
(a) 800 acres.
(b) 600 acres.
(c) 900 acres.
(d) 700 acres.
5. What name does Cathy take on after leaving Adam?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Samuel originally from?
2. What does Cathy say she is doing after she gives birth?
3. Who calls Cathy's childbirth a battle?
4. What does Cyrus tell Adam before he leaves home for the first time?
5. What does Adam do when he realizes that his mother is sick?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)