|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Edwards do to Cathy when he takes her back to her hometown?
(a) Exposes her crime.
(b) Beats her.
(c) Abandons her.
(d) Ravishes her.
2. What two things is Samuel well-known for?
(a) Ignorance and humility.
(b) Religous fervor and love.
(c) Integrity and kindness.
(d) Pride and arrogance.
3. In what state does the story take place?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New Mexico.
4. What is the name of Samuel's wife?
5. What does Adam want Charles to do with his inheritance?
(a) Pay off his debts.
(b) Move to California.
(c) Fix up the farm.
(d) Get an education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cyrus tell Adam before he leaves home for the first time?
2. What does Samuel NOT have a talent for?
3. How are Adam and Cyrus related?
4. What is the name of the city Samuel and his wife move to?
5. What is the name of Cyrus' second wife?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)