|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the book?
(a) The main character.
(b) The author.
(c) The president.
(d) An omniscient being.
2. At what age does Cathy become a complete stranger to her parents?
3. Where is Mrs. Trask when she dies?
(a) Her bed.
(b) Her mother's house.
(c) A shallow pond.
(d) A pew at church.
4. What is the name of the city Samuel and his wife move to?
(a) Carten City.
(b) Kernel City.
(c) Crown City.
(d) King City.
5. What does Mr. Edwards do to Cathy when he takes her back to her hometown?
(a) Abandons her.
(b) Ravishes her.
(c) Beats her.
(d) Exposes her crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Trask die?
2. How do Cathy's classmates feel about her?
3. What is Cathy's last name?
4. What is Charles doing when he injures his head?
5. What two things is Samuel well-known for?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)