|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Mrs. Trask get her venereal disease?
(a) Her priest.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her lover.
2. How do Cathy's parents die?
(a) They are shot.
(b) They drown themselves.
(c) Their house burns down.
(d) They are poisoned.
3. What does Cyrus tell Adam before he leaves home for the first time?
(a) His mother is dying.
(b) He loves him more than Charles.
(c) Anna is not his mother.
(d) He has never been prouder of him.
4. What does Cathy's father do to punish her for trying to run away?
(a) Sends her to live with her aunt.
(b) Signs her up for boarding school.
(c) Locks her in her room.
(d) Whips her.
5. What two things is Samuel well-known for?
(a) Pride and arrogance.
(b) Religous fervor and love.
(c) Ignorance and humility.
(d) Integrity and kindness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cathy kill while her mother is away?
2. How does Cathy get power over men?
3. At what age does Cathy become a complete stranger to her parents?
4. What position does Cyrus take after Adam goes to war?
5. How does Cyrus lose his leg?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)