|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Samuel NOT have a talent for?
(a) Making money.
(b) Working with wood.
(c) Making friends.
(d) Judging character.
2. In what state does the story take place?
(a) New Jersey.
(c) New Mexico.
3. What is the name of the city Samuel and his wife move to?
(a) Kernel City.
(b) King City.
(c) Carten City.
(d) Crown City.
4. What is Charles doing when he injures his head?
(a) Driving while drunk.
(b) Breaking a wild horse.
(c) Sleeping in his bed.
(d) Moving a boulder.
5. What does Cyrus tell Adam before he leaves home for the first time?
(a) He loves him more than Charles.
(b) He has never been prouder of him.
(c) Anna is not his mother.
(d) His mother is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator call Cathy?
2. How does Cyrus lose his leg?
3. How does Charles think Cyrus came across the money for his inheritance?
4. What is the name of Cyrus' second son?
5. Who runs the Trask farm after Adam goes to war?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)