|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 and 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Horace suspicious of Adam's wound?
(a) His skittish behavior.
(b) The looks of his housekeeper.
(c) The nature of his wound.
(d) His darting eyes.
2. What does Cyrus try to convince Adam to do when he is younger?
(a) Become a farmer.
(b) Get married.
(c) Join the military.
(d) Go to college.
3. What do Caleb and Aaron use to hunt in the spring?
(a) BB guns.
(d) Bows and arrows.
4. What does Cathy do to the man who helps her deliver her babies?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Kicks his jaw.
(c) Bites his hand.
(d) Spits on him.
5. What does Tom see Dessie do before he rides for a doctor?
(a) Foam at the mouth.
(b) Vomit blood.
(c) Retch repeatedly.
(d) Pass out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Samuel's oldest daughter?
2. What two things is Samuel well-known for?
3. What does Adam do when Cathy will not respond to his pleas?
4. How does Samuel describe Cathy?
5. What name does Cathy take on after her parents die?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)