|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charles learn of his father's death?
(a) Adam tells him.
(b) He is there when it happens.
(c) He receives a letter.
(d) He gets a call from the hospital.
2. What is found on the porch steps on the day Cathy's parents die?
(a) A puddle of blood.
(b) A bloody knife.
(d) A suicide note.
3. Where does Cyrus move after Adam goes to war?
(a) New York.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. Who is the narrator of the book?
(a) The president.
(b) The author.
(c) An omniscient being.
(d) The main character.
5. What does Adam ask Samuel for help with?
(a) A broken door handle.
(b) An injured workman.
(c) Cathy's childbirth.
(d) His bleary vision.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cyrus raise his children?
2. What is Samuel's last name?
3. Why are the babies crying when Cathy leaves the house?
4. At what age does Cathy become a complete stranger to her parents?
5. How do Cathy's parents die?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)