|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 23, 24, 25 and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Edwards discover how Cathy's parents died?
(a) He sees it in the newspapers.
(b) He puts Cathy in a trance and asks her.
(c) He hires a private investigator.
(d) He asks an agent from her hometown.
2. From whom does Mrs. Trask get her venereal disease?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her priest.
(d) Her husband.
3. What does Cyrus tell Adam before he leaves home for the first time?
(a) His mother is dying.
(b) He loves him more than Charles.
(c) Anna is not his mother.
(d) He has never been prouder of him.
4. How does Adam say he got wounded?
(a) His wife shot him.
(b) He dropped the gun and it went off.
(c) He was trying to kill himself.
(d) He shot himself while cleaning the gun.
5. What is the name of Samuel's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cathy not like to drink?
2. What name does Cathy take on after leaving Adam?
3. What makes Horace suspicious of Adam's wound?
4. What does the narrator call Cathy?
5. How does Tom learn that his father has died?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)