|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 23, 24, 25 and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cathy get power over men?
(a) She finds their weaknesses and preys on them.
(b) She uses overt sexuality.
(c) She makes them feel strong.
(d) She makes herself seem superior.
2. What is Horace Quinn's occupation?
(a) Train conductor.
3. What does Adam do when he realizes that his mother is sick?
(a) Calls the doctor.
(b) Withdraws from her.
(c) Leaves little gifts for her.
(d) Applies to medical school.
4. What does Adam ask Samuel for help with?
(a) An injured workman.
(b) His bleary vision.
(c) Cathy's childbirth.
(d) A broken door handle.
5. Where does Cyrus move after Adam goes to war?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cathy injure Samuel?
2. How does Cyrus raise his children?
3. What is Cathy's last name?
4. What is found on the porch steps on the day Cathy's parents die?
5. How does Mr. Edwards discover how Cathy's parents died?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)