|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 23, 24, 25 and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charles learn of his father's death?
(a) He gets a call from the hospital.
(b) He receives a letter.
(c) He is there when it happens.
(d) Adam tells him.
2. Where does Cathy injure Adam?
(a) His face.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His leg.
(d) His back.
3. How does Charles think Cyrus came across the money for his inheritance?
(a) Smart investments.
(b) Hiding it from his wives.
(c) Illegal means.
(d) Scrimping and saving.
4. What does Cathy kill while her mother is away?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A snake.
(c) A goat.
(d) A dog.
5. Why does Cathy say she does not belong in Salinas Valley?
(a) It is not good enough for her.
(b) She does not speak the language.
(c) She is not the most beautiful woman there.
(d) It is too lush and green.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Cathy become a complete stranger to her parents?
2. How does Samuel describe Cathy?
3. What can Cathy hear all day every day after she first moves to the ranch?
4. What is Lee hired to do for Adam?
5. What does Lee say is the most important word in the Bible?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)