|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 8 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While exploring the city, Ish finds a body hanging from a telephone pole. What does the sign say that is attached to the body?
(a) Beware of plague.
(c) Stay away.
2. What is the name of the city where Ish ends his trip to the east?
(b) New York.
3. Why does Ish think the books in the library are important?
(a) He wants to learn from the mistakes of history.
(b) People will use them to rebuild civilization.
(c) They may need to burn them for fuel during winter.
(d) Reading and arithmetic will help the children survive the elements.
4. What does Em say Ish can do to help her with childbirth?
(a) Read books about it.
(b) Stay away.
(c) Provide hot water and clean sheets.
(d) Find medicine.
5. What does Ish notice is peculiar about one of the towns he visits on his drive home from Black Creek?
(a) His car is making a strange noise.
(b) An unfriendly, dirty man is yellilng at him.
(c) People are hiding in the courthouse.
(d) All the people are gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ish and Em's second child?
2. What event affects the house of Ish's neighbor that Ish refuses to fix?
3. During the Quick Years, the community tries to start a church. From what "church" does Maurine think Ish gets his ideas?
4. Who does Ish meet when he is loading up his station wagon for his cross-country trip?
5. What do the older members of the community notice that they think "pushes back the darkness" a little?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)