|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 8 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While scavenging for food in his hometown, what item of food does Ish find to be inedible because of mice and weevils?
2. What does Em decide to call the First Year?
(a) Year of the baby.
(b) Year of the ox.
(c) Year of the drought.
(d) Year of plenty.
3. Why does Ish think the books in the library are important?
(a) They may need to burn them for fuel during winter.
(b) People will use them to rebuild civilization.
(c) Reading and arithmetic will help the children survive the elements.
(d) He wants to learn from the mistakes of history.
4. Why is Ish worried about the couple he stays with in the eastern city?
(a) There is a dangerous gang nearby.
(b) A harsh winter is coming.
(c) They don't know how to defend themselves.
(d) Their water supply is low.
5. After Ish returns to the drunkard that he met in the city, the man ends up dying. What does Ish do with him ?
(a) Leaves him where he finds him.
(b) Dumps him with the other bodies.
(c) Buries him.
(d) Wraps him in a blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ish decides to take a cross-country trip, what is the reason he decides to go?
2. How does Em demonstrate to Ish that children are necessary?
3. How does Ish find Em?
4. At the beginning of the book, why doesn't Ish know about the virus?
5. Why does Em move to Ish's house?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)