Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spenser think of the visitor's request in Chapter 22?
2. How many miles was Paul up to running by May?
3. What idea does Patty come up with to solve the problem of Mel's henchmen in Chapter 13?
4. Why does Susan feel the way that she does about the idea of Paul being away from his parents and learning self-reliance?
5. Right after visiting Louis', where do Paul and Spenser go?
Essay Topic 1
Who is your favorite character in "Early Autumn"? Explain your answer; using specific examples from the text if necessary.
Essay Topic 2
Paul Giacomin is at the heart of this story. He is the boy whose parents fight over him as if he were property; and the boy whom Spenser fights for in order to save his life. Explore Paul's character. Look through the text and use examples from it to support your ideas in relation to the kind of a person that Paul was before he met Spenser, and what kind of a person he was when he left Spenser to go to school.
Essay Topic 3
Spenser is not afraid to use physical force when he feels that it is necessary to accomplish his goal. However, he is very careful to use lethal force. Why do you think that is? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)