Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spenser think of the visitor's request in Chapter 22?
2. How many miles was Paul up to running by May?
3. What idea does Patty come up with to solve the problem of Mel's henchmen in Chapter 13?
4. Why does Susan feel the way that she does about the idea of Paul being away from his parents and learning self-reliance?
5. Right after visiting Louis', where do Paul and Spenser go?
Another major theme of this story is that of personal responsibility. Explore the idea of personal responsibility as it relates to each major character (Spenser, Susan, Patty, Mel, and Paul). How does each character feel about personal responsibility? How do they demonstrate those beliefs? Use instances from the text to support your answers.
Spenser and Susan's relationship is very different from Mel and Patty's.
Part 1) Explore the relationship between Susan and Spenser in a more in-depth way; how do they treat each other (i.e., Spenser uses manners when speaking to Susan; Susan is always truthful to Spenser, even when it is not something that he necessarily wants to hear);
Part 2) How does the relationship between Spenser and Susan affect Paul?
Use specific examples from the text to support your answers.
Spenser is not afraid to use physical force when he feels that it is necessary to accomplish his goal. However, he is very careful to use lethal force. Why do you think that is? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)