Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spenser think of the visitor's request in Chapter 22?
2. How many miles was Paul up to running by May?
3. What idea does Patty come up with to solve the problem of Mel's henchmen in Chapter 13?
4. Why does Susan feel the way that she does about the idea of Paul being away from his parents and learning self-reliance?
5. Right after visiting Louis', where do Paul and Spenser go?
Spenser is not afraid to use physical force when he feels that it is necessary to accomplish his goal. However, he is very careful to use lethal force. Why do you think that is? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Choose one of the major characters in this book (Spenser, Susan, Patty, Mel, or Paul). Choose one specific situation out of the book and explain what and how you would have changed it. For instance, if you choose Patty in Chapter 1 where she hires Spenser, what would you change about that situation? Would you hire a private investigator as she did, or would you perhaps go to the police, to try to solve the problem yourself? Use instances from the text to support your answer.
Mel Giacomin is the main antagonist (villain, bad guy) of the story. He is not a very complex character, and has very few personality aspects. Unlike Spenser, when he is faced with some tough decisions, he does not make good ones. and definitely makes some decisions which could be viewed as morally problematic. In a story rife with "bad guys" and "seedy characters", what makes Mel the antagonist of this story? Use instances from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)