|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mel's access to "leg breakers" concern Spenser?
(a) Because a normal insurance salesman and real estate agent would not know where to find such individuals.
(b) Because they would get in the way of a court case.
(c) Because Mel's friends could hurt Patty.
(d) Because Mel's friends could hurt Paul.
2. Where does Spenser catch a ride to in Chapter 13?
(a) Susan's house in Smithfield.
(b) Spenser's apartment in Boston.
(c) Patty's house in Lexington.
(d) Mel's house in Andover.
3. Who are Spenser and Paul looking for after lunch in Chapter 24?
(a) Buddy Hartman.
(c) Harry Cimoli.
(d) Mel Giacomin.
4. On their first full day at the cabin in Chapter 16, Spenser and Paul go to North Conway for which of the following?
(a) To buy Paul some sneakers.
(b) To buy books.
(c) To go record shopping.
(d) To buy a television for the cabin.
5. In Chapter 14, what does Hawk say about Spenser?
(a) That he is unreliable.
(b) That he is predictable.
(c) That he is unpredictable.
(d) That he is reliable.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first morning that Paul and Spenser are in the cabin, what does Spenser set out for breakfast?
2. What does Susan think about the idea of Paul being away from his parents and learning self-reliance?
3. What idea does Patty come up with to solve the problem of Mel's henchmen in Chapter 13?
4. What is already built on Susan's rural property?
5. In Chapter 18, where does Paul tell Spenser that he has never been?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paul's revelation that he would like to be a dancer important?
2. Why does Spenser decide to take Paul to Fryeburg and build a cabin?
3. Why does Spenser send Paul and Patty to Susan's house in Chapter 13?
4. What type of character is Harry Cotton?
5. How does Susan feel about Spenser sending Paul and Patty to her house in Chapter 13?
6. As evidenced in his conversation with Spenser in Chapter 20, why is Paul curious in relation to why his parents think the way that they do?
7. What is Susan's opinion about Spenser keeping Paul?
8. Was it a good idea for Spenser and Paul to break into Mel's office? Why? Why not?
9. How is the reader likely to feel when Patty shows up to take Paul home in Chapter 22?
10. Is the violence used in Chapter 24 necessary? Why?
This section contains 1,252 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)