|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spenser tell Paul about fighting in a "regular" fight?
(a) That fighting is only for the strong-willed.
(b) That anybody can beat anybody in a fight without rules.
(c) That the strongest fighter always wins.
(d) That the smartest fighter always wins.
2. On their first full day at the cabin in Chapter 16, Spenser and Paul go to North Conway for which of the following?
(a) To buy books.
(b) To buy Paul some sneakers.
(c) To go record shopping.
(d) To buy a television for the cabin.
3. What does Paul ask Spenser about red and gray squirrels?
(a) Which ones are friendlier.
(b) What the difference is between the two of them.
(c) Which ones live around the cabin.
(d) Which ones are meaner.
4. What does the man sitting at the desk in Chapter 25 look like?
(a) He was enormous; with thin blonde hair and the face of a bull mastiff.
(b) He was very businesslike; a crisp suit, spectacles, and a red tie.
(c) He was very fit, with well-defined muscles and a crew haircut.
(d) Scrawny, potbellied, with long, dirty fingernails and yellow teeth. His hair was the color of a Norway rat, and very thin.
5. What does Spenser wear on Saturday morning in Chapter 19?
(a) A white suit, pink shirt, white tie, and white shoes.
(b) A blue suit, a white shirt, a blue tie with red stripes on it, and black shoes.
(c) A brown suit, dark blue shirt, a dark blue tie, and brown shoes.
(d) A black suit, a black shirt, a white tie, and black shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Right after visiting Louis', where do Paul and Spenser go?
2. What does the visitor in Chapter 22 ask for Paul and Spenser to do?
3. Who are Spenser and Paul looking for after lunch in Chapter 24?
4. Who is the man sitting at the desk in Chapter 25?
5. Where do Paul and Spenser arrive at in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Susan feel about Spenser sending Paul and Patty to her house in Chapter 13?
2. Is Spenser's plan to blackmail the Giacomins in order to make them pay for Paul's education and living expenses, as well as staying away from him a good plan? Why? Why not?
3. In Chapter 21 we are able to see how Paul is growing both physically and emotionally. How has he grown?
4. What is the lesson that Spenser is trying to teach Paul via the two of them building the cabin together with their own hands instead of hiring someone else to do it or using machinery?
5. Aside from making sure that Paul has a presentable suit to wear to the ballet, what is the point of taking Paul to Louis' to get a suit?
6. Why does Spenser does not take a television to the cabin with him and Paul?
7. Why does Spenser send Paul and Patty to Susan's house in Chapter 13?
8. Why does Paul force Spenser to wake him the way that he did in Chapter 16?
9. As evidenced in his conversation with Spenser in Chapter 20, why is Paul curious in relation to why his parents think the way that they do?
10. Is Spenser's evaluation of Susan's attitude in Chapter 23 an accurate one? Why? Why not?
This section contains 1,342 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)