|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26, where do Paul and Spenser stay the first night?
(a) Back at the cabin.
(b) At Harry's gym.
(c) In Spenser's apartment in Boston.
(d) With Hawk.
2. What option does Spenser give Paul in Chapter 24?
(a) To go back home to his parents.
(b) To stay with Susan instead of going with him.
(c) To go away to school in London.
(d) To live with him in the cabin.
3. What is Paul's opinion on possibly finding out some less-than-desirable information on his parents?
(a) He is happy to learn about his parents' dirty laundry.
(b) He does not care, and he is willing to help find out information about them.
(c) He does not have an opinion.
(d) He is upset at the possibility.
4. Why does Susan feel the way that she does about the idea of Paul being away from his parents and learning self-reliance?
(a) Because as a guidance counselor, she knows how necessary it is for a child to be with their parents, even if the parents are abusive.
(b) Because she had a child that she had to give up, and she still hurts over that decision.
(c) Because she knows how difficult it is to raise children with issues like Paul's; and she doubts that there is any possibility of change.
(d) Because she was separated from her parents when she was young, and she feels that it was a detriment to the rest of her life.
5. What does the group decide to have for dinner in Chapter 13?
(a) Grilled cheese sandwiches, potato chips, and fruit cocktail.
(b) BLTs, homemade bread and butter pickles, cheese, and apples.
(d) Canned soup and crackers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man sitting at the desk in Chapter 25 look like?
2. On their trip to North Conway in Chapter 16, what does Spenser tell Paul is "against the rules"?
3. What does Spenser tell Paul about fighting in a "regular" fight?
4. In Chapter 13, what is Spenser's response to the solution that Patty comes up with regarding living arrangements for Paul?
5. What is the first step that Paul and Spenser work on when building the cabin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Susan feel about Spenser sending Paul and Patty to her house in Chapter 13?
2. Why does Spenser decide to take Paul to Fryeburg and build a cabin?
3. Was it a good idea for Spenser and Paul to break into Mel's office? Why? Why not?
4. Why does Spenser send Paul and Patty to Susan's house in Chapter 13?
5. What is Susan's opinion about Spenser keeping Paul?
6. Why is the discussion that Spenser and Paul have in Chapter 21 about the rules of fighting an important one?
7. What is the lesson that Spenser is trying to teach Paul via the two of them building the cabin together with their own hands instead of hiring someone else to do it or using machinery?
8. Why does Paul's revelation that he would like to be a dancer important?
9. Why does Spenser does not take a television to the cabin with him and Paul?
10. Why does Spenser feel that teaching Paul to box and weight lift is important?
This section contains 1,403 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)