|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What option does Spenser give Paul in Chapter 24?
(a) To stay with Susan instead of going with him.
(b) To go away to school in London.
(c) To go back home to his parents.
(d) To live with him in the cabin.
2. Who are Spenser and Paul looking for after lunch in Chapter 24?
(a) Mel Giacomin.
(b) Harry Cimoli.
(c) Buddy Hartman.
3. In Chapter 15, Spenser and Paul are discussing Hawk. In that discussion about Hawk, what does Spenser tell Paul that he will help him learn?
(a) The difference between being weak and being weak-willed.
(b) The difference between being strong and being strong-minded.
(c) The difference between being good and being a good man.
(d) The difference between being good and being good at something.
4. What does Spenser tell Paul that they are going to do with Susan's rural property?
(a) Live in one cabin and build a better one.
(b) Hunt, fish, and trap.
(c) Cut down all of the trees and clear the land.
(d) Cultivate the land to grow crops.
5. Where do Spenser and Paul eat in Chapter 24?
(a) Casa Rosa's.
(b) Quincy Market.
(c) Babe's Bistro.
(d) At the cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first step that Paul and Spenser work on when building the cabin?
2. What does the man at the desk threaten to do in Chapter 25?
3. What is Spenser's response when Paul asks him why he thinks that Paul's parents say everything is for girls?
4. Where do Paul and Spenser arrive at in Chapter 25?
5. What does Paul ask Spenser about red and gray squirrels?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was it a good idea for Spenser and Paul to break into Mel's office? Why? Why not?
2. Is Spenser's evaluation of Susan's attitude in Chapter 23 an accurate one? Why? Why not?
3. As evidenced in his conversation with Spenser in Chapter 20, why is Paul curious in relation to why his parents think the way that they do?
4. Why does Paul force Spenser to wake him the way that he did in Chapter 16?
5. Aside from making sure that Paul has a presentable suit to wear to the ballet, what is the point of taking Paul to Louis' to get a suit?
6. Is Spenser's plan to blackmail the Giacomins in order to make them pay for Paul's education and living expenses, as well as staying away from him a good plan? Why? Why not?
7. What is Susan's opinion about Spenser keeping Paul?
8. What type of character is Harry Cotton?
9. Does Susan make a good point about parental rights in Chapter 23? Why? Why not?
10. In Chapter 17, Paul asks Spenser why he cannot simply leave him alone. Spenser replies that he cannot leave him alone because everyone in his life has left him alone and it has not done him any good. He also tells Paul that his goal is to help him become a better person. What does Spenser mean by that?
This section contains 1,536 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)