|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Paul and Spenser stop to eat in Chapter 15?
(a) At a drive-thru McDonald's on their way out of Massachusetts.
(b) A restaurant called "Horsefeathers" in North Conway, New Hampshire.
(c) At a diner called "Babe's" in Connecticut.
(d) At a burger joint called "JB's" in Maine.
2. Which of the following projects does Spenser think will teach Paul to become independent and self-reliant?
(a) Going camping for a month in the wilds of the Maine woods.
(b) Building a house on Susan's property in Fryeburg, Maine.
(c) Growing his own food and living in a cabin in the Maine woods.
(d) Moving out by himself.
3. Where do Paul and Spenser arrive at in Chapter 25?
(a) Harry Cotton's car lot.
(b) Susan Silverman's office.
(c) Harry Crimoli's gym.
(d) Mel Giacomin's insurance firm.
4. In Chapter 20, what does Paul reveal to Spenser about his dreams?
(a) That he would like to be a ballet dancer.
(b) That he would like to be a construction worker.
(c) That he would like to be a private detective.
(d) That he would like to be an architect.
5. What does Susan say about Spenser's personality in Chapter 20?
(a) That he works too hard to thwart people's expectations.
(b) That he is predictable.
(c) That he is unpredictable.
(d) That he is fun-loving and adventurous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Spenser feel that Paul needs to be away from his parents?
2. The first morning that Paul and Spenser are in the cabin, what does Spenser set out for breakfast?
3. What does Spenser think of the visitor's request in Chapter 22?
4. What do Spenser and Paul have for lunch in Chapter 21?
5. In Chapter 18, where does Paul tell Spenser that he has never been?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Spenser's evaluation of Susan's attitude in Chapter 23 an accurate one? Why? Why not?
2. How does Susan feel about Spenser sending Paul and Patty to her house in Chapter 13?
3. Why does Spenser believes that teaching Paul to run is important?
4. Why does Spenser does not take a television to the cabin with him and Paul?
5. As evidenced in his conversation with Spenser in Chapter 20, why is Paul curious in relation to why his parents think the way that they do?
6. Why does Spenser send Paul and Patty to Susan's house in Chapter 13?
7. In Chapter 21 we are able to see how Paul is growing both physically and emotionally. How has he grown?
8. Why does Spenser agree to keep Paul after the kidnapping scare when Patty is taken hostage?
9. What is the lesson that Spenser is trying to teach Paul via the two of them building the cabin together with their own hands instead of hiring someone else to do it or using machinery?
10. How does Spenser handle the confrontation with Patty in Chapter 22?
This section contains 1,359 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)