|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 19, what does Paul wear on Saturday morning?
(a) A grey suit, a purple shirt and tie, and his sneakers.
(b) A tan suit, a blue shirt, a tan tie, and his sneakers.
(c) A tan corduroy jacket, brown pants, a powder blue polyester shirt with dark blue pocket flaps, no tie, black socks, and top-sider shoes.
(d) A green polyester suit, purple shirt, and brown boots.
2. What is Paul's opinion on possibly finding out some less-than-desirable information on his parents?
(a) He is upset at the possibility.
(b) He is happy to learn about his parents' dirty laundry.
(c) He does not have an opinion.
(d) He does not care, and he is willing to help find out information about them.
3. What does the group decide to have for dinner in Chapter 13?
(a) BLTs, homemade bread and butter pickles, cheese, and apples.
(b) Canned soup and crackers.
(c) Grilled cheese sandwiches, potato chips, and fruit cocktail.
4. What does Spenser say about too much positivity in Chapter 20?
(a) That too much positivity is for those who do not understand their surroundings.
(b) That there is no such thing as too much positivity in today's world.
(c) That too much positivity is a sign that the person with the outlook is either scared or stupid; or both.
(d) That not having enough positivity can ruin a person's life.
5. What option does Spenser give Paul in Chapter 24?
(a) To go away to school in London.
(b) To go back home to his parents.
(c) To live with him in the cabin.
(d) To stay with Susan instead of going with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man sitting at the desk in Chapter 25?
2. What does Spenser need to learn more than anything else if he is to survive?
3. What problem are Susan and Spenser trying to solve in Chapter 23?
4. While Spenser and Paul are working in Chapter 22, who goes to the cabin?
5. What does Susan say about Spenser's personality in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Susan feel about Spenser sending Paul and Patty to her house in Chapter 13?
2. Why does Spenser feel that teaching Paul to box and weight lift is important?
3. Why does Spenser does not take a television to the cabin with him and Paul?
4. What type of character is Harry Cotton?
5. Does Susan make a good point about parental rights in Chapter 23? Why? Why not?
6. How is the reader likely to feel when Patty shows up to take Paul home in Chapter 22?
7. Why does Paul force Spenser to wake him the way that he did in Chapter 16?
8. Why is the discussion that Spenser and Paul have in Chapter 21 about the rules of fighting an important one?
9. In Chapter 17, Paul asks Spenser why he cannot simply leave him alone. Spenser replies that he cannot leave him alone because everyone in his life has left him alone and it has not done him any good. He also tells Paul that his goal is to help him become a better person. What does Spenser mean by that?
10. Is the violence used in Chapter 24 necessary? Why?
This section contains 1,437 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)