|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Right after visiting Louis', where do Paul and Spenser go?
(a) To the Hudson River.
(b) To "Antoinette's Restaurant".
(c) To a bookstore.
(d) To the museum of fine arts.
2. What does Spenser wear on Saturday morning in Chapter 19?
(a) A blue suit, a white shirt, a blue tie with red stripes on it, and black shoes.
(b) A white suit, pink shirt, white tie, and white shoes.
(c) A brown suit, dark blue shirt, a dark blue tie, and brown shoes.
(d) A black suit, a black shirt, a white tie, and black shoes.
3. On their first full day at the cabin in Chapter 16, Spenser and Paul go to North Conway for which of the following?
(a) To buy Paul some sneakers.
(b) To go record shopping.
(c) To buy a television for the cabin.
(d) To buy books.
4. Spenser tells Paul that they are building the cabin a simpler, yet less desirable way. Why is the way they are doing it less desirable?
(a) The way that they are doing it takes more time, effort, and materials.
(b) The way they are doing it does not allow the cabin to have a cellar.
(c) The way that they are doing it is more expensive.
(d) The way that they are doing it is too shabby.
5. Spenser takes Paul to Louis'; what is Louis'?
(a) A men's clothier.
(b) A rib shack.
(c) A juke joint.
(d) A bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is already there when Spenser arrives at his destination in Chapter 13?
2. What does the visitor in Chapter 22 ask for Paul and Spenser to do?
3. Where do Paul and Spenser arrive at in Chapter 25?
4. What does the man sitting at the desk in Chapter 25 look like?
5. What does Susan say about Spenser's personality in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is the violence used in Chapter 24 necessary? Why?
2. Why does Spenser decide to take Paul to Fryeburg and build a cabin?
3. What is Susan's opinion about Spenser keeping Paul?
4. How does Spenser handle the confrontation with Patty in Chapter 22?
5. In Chapter 21 we are able to see how Paul is growing both physically and emotionally. How has he grown?
6. Why does Spenser agree to keep Paul after the kidnapping scare when Patty is taken hostage?
7. What is the lesson that Spenser is trying to teach Paul via the two of them building the cabin together with their own hands instead of hiring someone else to do it or using machinery?
8. Is Spenser's plan to blackmail the Giacomins in order to make them pay for Paul's education and living expenses, as well as staying away from him a good plan? Why? Why not?
9. Why does Paul force Spenser to wake him the way that he did in Chapter 16?
10. Why does Spenser feel that teaching Paul to box and weight lift is important?
This section contains 1,508 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)