|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spenser say about ballet dancers?
(a) That dancing is for girls.
(b) That they are talentless hacks.
(c) That ballet dancing is a very admirable profession.
(d) That they are fine athletes and gifted artists.
2. On their trip to North Conway in Chapter 16, what does Spenser tell Paul is "against the rules"?
(a) Speaking badly of another person's beloved.
(b) Lying to Spenser.
(c) Running away from home.
(d) Not learning to be a man.
3. Where does Spenser have Paul stay in Chapter 23?
(a) With Harry Cimoli.
(b) At the cabin by himself.
(c) With Hawk.
(d) With Susan.
4. How does Susan describe the relationship that parents have with their children?
(a) The children are possessions. In some cases, the parents' only possession.
(b) Bad parents want their children to not be able to live without them.
(c) Good parents want their children to grow up to be strong individuals.
(d) Parents only have children so that they have miniature self-likenesses running around.
5. Where do Paul and Spenser stop to eat in Chapter 15?
(a) At a diner called "Babe's" in Connecticut.
(b) At a burger joint called "JB's" in Maine.
(c) A restaurant called "Horsefeathers" in North Conway, New Hampshire.
(d) At a drive-thru McDonald's on their way out of Massachusetts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles was Paul up to running by May?
2. What does the visitor in Chapter 22 ask for Paul and Spenser to do?
3. What does Susan think about the idea of Paul being away from his parents and learning self-reliance?
4. What is already built on Susan's rural property?
5. What does Spenser say about too much positivity in Chapter 20?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)