|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles was Paul up to running by May?
2. What is the name of the restaurant that Paul, Spenser, and Susan dine at in Chapter 19?
(a) The Grumpy Gringo.
(b) La Casadorez.
(c) Casa Romero.
(d) Tres Margaritas.
3. What do Spenser and Paul have for lunch in Chapter 21?
(a) Cheddar cheese and Granny Smith apples, Bartlett pears, seedless green grapes, and an unsliced loaf of pumpernickel bread.
(b) Vegetable soup and crackers.
(c) Grilled cheese sandwiches and potato chips.
(d) Cobb salad and French onion soup.
4. On their first full day at the cabin in Chapter 16, Spenser and Paul go to North Conway for which of the following?
(a) To go record shopping.
(b) To buy a television for the cabin.
(c) To buy books.
(d) To buy Paul some sneakers.
5. What favor does Spenser ask of Susan in Chapter 23?
(a) If she would marry him.
(b) If she would find out about ballet schools for Paul.
(c) If she would watch Paul while he took care of some business.
(d) If she would let Paul move in with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Spenser and Paul eat in Chapter 24?
2. Why does Patty refuse to report Mel's actions to the police?
3. What is Paul's opinion on possibly finding out some less-than-desirable information on his parents?
4. Where do Paul and Spenser stop to eat in Chapter 15?
5. What does Paul ask Spenser about red and gray squirrels?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 21 we are able to see how Paul is growing both physically and emotionally. How has he grown?
2. Is the violence used in Chapter 24 necessary? Why?
3. Why does Paul force Spenser to wake him the way that he did in Chapter 16?
4. Is Spenser's plan to blackmail the Giacomins in order to make them pay for Paul's education and living expenses, as well as staying away from him a good plan? Why? Why not?
5. What is Susan's opinion about Spenser keeping Paul?
6. What is the lesson that Spenser is trying to teach Paul via the two of them building the cabin together with their own hands instead of hiring someone else to do it or using machinery?
7. Why does Paul's revelation that he would like to be a dancer important?
8. Why does Spenser agree to keep Paul after the kidnapping scare when Patty is taken hostage?
9. Was it a good idea for Spenser and Paul to break into Mel's office? Why? Why not?
10. How is the reader likely to feel when Patty shows up to take Paul home in Chapter 22?
This section contains 1,460 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)