|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first step that Paul and Spenser work on when building the cabin?
(a) Digging holes for the foundation tubes.
(b) Clearing the land for the foundation.
(c) Putting up a fence around the property.
(d) Reading blueprints for the cabin.
2. Where do Spenser and Paul eat in Chapter 24?
(a) Quincy Market.
(b) At the cabin.
(c) Casa Rosa's.
(d) Babe's Bistro.
3. What does Susan think about the idea of Paul being away from his parents and learning self-reliance?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is positive.
(c) She is hopeful.
(d) She is skeptical.
4. Who is the man sitting at the desk in Chapter 25?
(b) Harry Cotton.
(c) Buddy Hartman.
5. What is already built on Susan's rural property?
(b) A rustic hunting cabin.
(c) A well for fresh water.
(d) The foundation for a new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, when Paul asks Spenser why he cannot just leave him alone, what is Spenser's answer?
2. In Chapter 14, what does Hawk say about Spenser?
3. Why does Mel's access to "leg breakers" concern Spenser?
4. What is Paul's opinion on possibly finding out some less-than-desirable information on his parents?
5. What idea does Patty come up with to solve the problem of Mel's henchmen in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the reader likely to feel when Patty shows up to take Paul home in Chapter 22?
2. Why is the discussion that Spenser and Paul have in Chapter 21 about the rules of fighting an important one?
3. Why does Paul force Spenser to wake him the way that he did in Chapter 16?
4. Why does Spenser feel that teaching Paul to box and weight lift is important?
5. Why does Spenser send Paul and Patty to Susan's house in Chapter 13?
6. In Chapter 21 we are able to see how Paul is growing both physically and emotionally. How has he grown?
7. Aside from making sure that Paul has a presentable suit to wear to the ballet, what is the point of taking Paul to Louis' to get a suit?
8. How does Susan feel about Spenser sending Paul and Patty to her house in Chapter 13?
9. Why does Spenser does not take a television to the cabin with him and Paul?
10. How does Spenser handle the confrontation with Patty in Chapter 22?
This section contains 1,313 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)