|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man at the desk threaten to do in Chapter 25?
(a) To burglarize Spenser's office.
(b) To keep Paul for ransom.
(c) To kill Spenser if he does not stay out of his business.
(d) To kidnap Susan.
2. Spenser tells Paul that they are building the cabin a simpler, yet less desirable way. Why is the way they are doing it less desirable?
(a) The way that they are doing it is too shabby.
(b) The way that they are doing it is more expensive.
(c) The way they are doing it does not allow the cabin to have a cellar.
(d) The way that they are doing it takes more time, effort, and materials.
3. Where does Spenser catch a ride to in Chapter 13?
(a) Patty's house in Lexington.
(b) Mel's house in Andover.
(c) Susan's house in Smithfield.
(d) Spenser's apartment in Boston.
4. In Chapter 26, where do Paul and Spenser stay the first night?
(a) Back at the cabin.
(b) At Harry's gym.
(c) In Spenser's apartment in Boston.
(d) With Hawk.
5. What is the story that Patty recalls in Chapter 13?
(a) That Mel was waiting for her by her car in the grocery store parking lot, and that he demanded his son or he would tell the police that she had kidnapped him.
(b) That she was at the grocery store when three men with guns forced her into theri car. They drove to a pay phone in Boston, and then on to a bridge where they told her to get out and start walking.
(c) The story of how she and Mel met and got married.
(d) That while she was at the grocery store, three of Mel's henchmen threatened to kill her if she did not deliver Paul to Mel's house that afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mel's access to "leg breakers" concern Spenser?
2. In Chapter 18, where does Paul tell Spenser that he has never been?
3. On their trip to North Conway in Chapter 16, what does Spenser tell Paul is "against the rules"?
4. What problem are Susan and Spenser trying to solve in Chapter 23?
5. In Chapter 21, what physical activity do Spenser and Paul engage in?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)