|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spenser wear on Saturday morning in Chapter 19?
(a) A white suit, pink shirt, white tie, and white shoes.
(b) A black suit, a black shirt, a white tie, and black shoes.
(c) A blue suit, a white shirt, a blue tie with red stripes on it, and black shoes.
(d) A brown suit, dark blue shirt, a dark blue tie, and brown shoes.
2. What favor does Spenser ask of Susan in Chapter 23?
(a) If she would watch Paul while he took care of some business.
(b) If she would let Paul move in with her.
(c) If she would find out about ballet schools for Paul.
(d) If she would marry him.
3. What does Paul ask Spenser about red and gray squirrels?
(a) Which ones are meaner.
(b) Which ones are friendlier.
(c) What the difference is between the two of them.
(d) Which ones live around the cabin.
4. What is the story that Patty recalls in Chapter 13?
(a) That while she was at the grocery store, three of Mel's henchmen threatened to kill her if she did not deliver Paul to Mel's house that afternoon.
(b) The story of how she and Mel met and got married.
(c) That she was at the grocery store when three men with guns forced her into theri car. They drove to a pay phone in Boston, and then on to a bridge where they told her to get out and start walking.
(d) That Mel was waiting for her by her car in the grocery store parking lot, and that he demanded his son or he would tell the police that she had kidnapped him.
5. Who is already there when Spenser arrives at his destination in Chapter 13?
(a) Hawk, Buddy, and Harold.
(b) Mel, Buddy, and Harold.
(c) Paul, Mel, and Buddy.
(d) Susan, Patty, and Paul; Hawk arrives with Spenser.
6. What do Spenser and Paul have for lunch in Chapter 21?
(a) Cheddar cheese and Granny Smith apples, Bartlett pears, seedless green grapes, and an unsliced loaf of pumpernickel bread.
(b) Cobb salad and French onion soup.
(c) Grilled cheese sandwiches and potato chips.
(d) Vegetable soup and crackers.
7. On their first full day at the cabin in Chapter 16, Spenser and Paul go to North Conway for which of the following?
(a) To buy Paul some sneakers.
(b) To buy a television for the cabin.
(c) To go record shopping.
(d) To buy books.
8. What is already built on Susan's rural property?
(a) A rustic hunting cabin.
(b) A well for fresh water.
(d) The foundation for a new house.
9. In Chapter 17, what physical activity do Spenser and Paul engage in?
(c) Playing golf.
(d) Weight lifting.
10. What option does Spenser give Paul in Chapter 24?
(a) To stay with Susan instead of going with him.
(b) To live with him in the cabin.
(c) To go back home to his parents.
(d) To go away to school in London.
11. In Chapter 19, what does Paul wear on Saturday morning?
(a) A tan suit, a blue shirt, a tan tie, and his sneakers.
(b) A green polyester suit, purple shirt, and brown boots.
(c) A grey suit, a purple shirt and tie, and his sneakers.
(d) A tan corduroy jacket, brown pants, a powder blue polyester shirt with dark blue pocket flaps, no tie, black socks, and top-sider shoes.
12. What is Paul's response to Spenser's plans for the property?
(a) That Spenser has a good plan and that Paul wants to help.
(b) Paul shrugs and says that he does not care.
(c) That they are crazy, and that Spenser is crazy.
(d) He does not believe that Spenser can do it. He also says that he does not want to help.
13. How many miles was Paul up to running by May?
14. What is Paul's answer when Spenser asks him whether there is any place that he has always wanted to go, that no one would take him, that he was afraid to ask?
(a) That he would like to go to the symphony.
(b) That he would like to go to the theater.
(c) That he would like to go to the ballet.
(d) That he would like to go to the opera.
15. Where does Spenser have Paul stay in Chapter 23?
(a) With Hawk.
(b) With Harry Cimoli.
(c) At the cabin by himself.
(d) With Susan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first step that Paul and Spenser work on when building the cabin?
2. In Chapter 14, what does Hawk say about Spenser?
3. Spenser takes Paul to Louis'; what is Louis'?
4. What does Spenser say about ballet dancers?
5. What is Spenser's response when Paul asks him why he thinks that Paul's parents say everything is for girls?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)