|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Spenser and Paul have for lunch in Chapter 21?
(a) Vegetable soup and crackers.
(b) Cobb salad and French onion soup.
(c) Cheddar cheese and Granny Smith apples, Bartlett pears, seedless green grapes, and an unsliced loaf of pumpernickel bread.
(d) Grilled cheese sandwiches and potato chips.
2. Where do Paul and Spenser arrive at in Chapter 25?
(a) Harry Cotton's car lot.
(b) Susan Silverman's office.
(c) Harry Crimoli's gym.
(d) Mel Giacomin's insurance firm.
3. What does Spenser say about too much positivity in Chapter 20?
(a) That too much positivity is a sign that the person with the outlook is either scared or stupid; or both.
(b) That too much positivity is for those who do not understand their surroundings.
(c) That not having enough positivity can ruin a person's life.
(d) That there is no such thing as too much positivity in today's world.
4. What does Spenser need to learn more than anything else if he is to survive?
(a) How to dress.
(b) How to please others.
(c) How to make his parents happy.
5. In Chapter 24, where do Paul and Spenser go after lunch?
(a) To a Red Sox game.
(b) To the aquarium.
(c) To the museum of natural science.
(d) To a bar.
6. What does the visitor in Chapter 22 ask for Paul and Spenser to do?
(a) For Paul to go with them.
(b) To handle a construction job.
(c) To show their building permits.
(d) To hire Spenser for a case.
7. In Chapter 13, what is Spenser's response to the solution that Patty comes up with regarding living arrangements for Paul?
(a) He is not sure that Susan is ready for a child.
(b) He agrees to take Paul.
(c) He is ecstatic about Hawk taking Paul into hiding.
(d) He thinks that Ohio is a good place for Paul, since he does not want to live with either parent.
8. Where do Spenser and Paul eat in Chapter 24?
(a) Quincy Market.
(b) Casa Rosa's.
(c) At the cabin.
(d) Babe's Bistro.
9. In Chapter 14, what does Hawk say about Spenser?
(a) That he is unreliable.
(b) That he is unpredictable.
(c) That he is predictable.
(d) That he is reliable.
10. What is already built on Susan's rural property?
(a) A rustic hunting cabin.
(b) The foundation for a new house.
(d) A well for fresh water.
11. Spenser tells Paul that they are building the cabin a simpler, yet less desirable way. Why is the way they are doing it less desirable?
(a) The way that they are doing it is too shabby.
(b) The way that they are doing it takes more time, effort, and materials.
(c) The way that they are doing it is more expensive.
(d) The way they are doing it does not allow the cabin to have a cellar.
12. When Paul asks Spenser about his fighting career, he asks if he could have been a champion; and Spenser says no. What is Spenser's reasoning for that answer?
(a) Because he was in a different league than champions.
(b) Because he injured his knee and could not fight anymore.
(c) Because he did not want to be a champion.
(d) Because he got too old to train properly.
13. In Chapter 17, what physical activity do Spenser and Paul engage in?
(a) Playing golf.
(d) Weight lifting.
14. Where does Spenser have Paul stay in Chapter 23?
(a) At the cabin by himself.
(b) With Harry Cimoli.
(c) With Susan.
(d) With Hawk.
15. In Chapter 18, where does Paul tell Spenser that he has never been?
(a) To Miami.
(b) To Denver.
(c) To Philadelphia.
(d) To New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Right after visiting Louis', where do Paul and Spenser go?
2. When does Paul set out on his journey of self-discovery and growth?
3. On their first full day at the cabin in Chapter 16, Spenser and Paul go to North Conway for which of the following?
4. What is Paul's response to Spenser's plans for the property?
5. How does Susan describe the relationship that parents have with their children?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)