|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man sitting at the desk in Chapter 25?
(a) Buddy Hartman.
(b) Harry Cotton.
2. What does Spenser need to learn more than anything else if he is to survive?
(a) How to dress.
(c) How to make his parents happy.
(d) How to please others.
3. When Paul asks Spenser about his fighting career, he asks if he could have been a champion; and Spenser says no. What is Spenser's reasoning for that answer?
(a) Because he got too old to train properly.
(b) Because he injured his knee and could not fight anymore.
(c) Because he did not want to be a champion.
(d) Because he was in a different league than champions.
4. In Chapter 20, what does Paul reveal to Spenser about his dreams?
(a) That he would like to be a private detective.
(b) That he would like to be a ballet dancer.
(c) That he would like to be a construction worker.
(d) That he would like to be an architect.
5. What does Paul ask Spenser about red and gray squirrels?
(a) Which ones live around the cabin.
(b) Which ones are meaner.
(c) What the difference is between the two of them.
(d) Which ones are friendlier.
6. In Chapter 26, where do Paul and Spenser stay the first night?
(a) Back at the cabin.
(b) At Harry's gym.
(c) With Hawk.
(d) In Spenser's apartment in Boston.
7. Why does Patty refuse to report Mel's actions to the police?
(a) Because she believes that the police are too busy to handle it.
(b) Because she does not trust the police.
(c) Because she is afraid he will kill her.
(d) Because she is afraid that Paul will hate her for it.
8. Who is Mortimer Snerd?
(a) A nerdy TV personality.
(b) A cartoon character.
(c) An author.
(d) A ventriloquist's dummy.
9. In Chapter 17, when Paul asks Spenser why he cannot just leave him alone, what is Spenser's answer?
(a) Because Paul's parents never left him alone, and Spenser does not feel that he should have to either.
(b) Because everybody in his life has left him alone all of his life, and it has not done him any good.
(c) Because Spenser thinks that Paul needs less structure in his life.
(d) Because Paul must learn to respect his elders.
10. What is Spenser's solution to the problem discussed in Chapter 23?
(a) There is no solution.
(b) To use Elaine to find Mel.
(c) To look into boarding schools.
(d) To blackmail Paul's parents.
11. What does Spenser say about ballet dancers?
(a) That dancing is for girls.
(b) That they are fine athletes and gifted artists.
(c) That they are talentless hacks.
(d) That ballet dancing is a very admirable profession.
12. What is the name of the restaurant that Paul, Spenser, and Susan dine at in Chapter 19?
(a) Tres Margaritas.
(b) The Grumpy Gringo.
(c) La Casadorez.
(d) Casa Romero.
13. Who are Spenser and Paul looking for after lunch in Chapter 24?
(b) Buddy Hartman.
(c) Mel Giacomin.
(d) Harry Cimoli.
14. Right after visiting Louis', where do Paul and Spenser go?
(a) To the Hudson River.
(b) To "Antoinette's Restaurant".
(c) To the museum of fine arts.
(d) To a bookstore.
15. In Chapter 24, where do Paul and Spenser go after lunch?
(a) To the museum of natural science.
(b) To the aquarium.
(c) To a bar.
(d) To a Red Sox game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Paul's opinion on possibly finding out some less-than-desirable information on his parents?
2. Why does Susan feel the way that she does about the idea of Paul being away from his parents and learning self-reliance?
3. What problem are Susan and Spenser trying to solve in Chapter 23?
4. In Chapter 19, what does Paul wear on Saturday morning?
5. In Chapter 17, what physical activity do Spenser and Paul engage in?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)