|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the restaurant that Paul, Spenser, and Susan dine at in Chapter 19?
(a) Casa Romero.
(b) La Casadorez.
(c) The Grumpy Gringo.
(d) Tres Margaritas.
2. What is Paul's response to Spenser's plans for the property?
(a) That they are crazy, and that Spenser is crazy.
(b) Paul shrugs and says that he does not care.
(c) He does not believe that Spenser can do it. He also says that he does not want to help.
(d) That Spenser has a good plan and that Paul wants to help.
3. Where does Spenser have Paul stay in Chapter 23?
(a) With Harry Cimoli.
(b) With Hawk.
(c) At the cabin by himself.
(d) With Susan.
4. In Chapter 15, what does Spenser discover about Paul's strength when they are moving their gear and settling in?
(a) That he really is weak and he does not know how to carry gear, like a shotgun, properly.
(b) That Paul really is not a hard worker and really does not care to learn how to become one.
(c) That Paul is misunderstood.
(d) That Paul really does have some strength and some fortitude.
5. What is the story that Patty recalls in Chapter 13?
(a) The story of how she and Mel met and got married.
(b) That while she was at the grocery store, three of Mel's henchmen threatened to kill her if she did not deliver Paul to Mel's house that afternoon.
(c) That she was at the grocery store when three men with guns forced her into theri car. They drove to a pay phone in Boston, and then on to a bridge where they told her to get out and start walking.
(d) That Mel was waiting for her by her car in the grocery store parking lot, and that he demanded his son or he would tell the police that she had kidnapped him.
6. What does Spenser say about ballet dancers?
(a) That they are fine athletes and gifted artists.
(b) That ballet dancing is a very admirable profession.
(c) That they are talentless hacks.
(d) That dancing is for girls.
7. What information did Spenser find out from the person whom he caught in Chapter 24?
(a) That Patty Giacomin was a prostitute.
(b) That Mel Giacomin was an assassin.
(c) That Paul was really the son of a powerful mobster.
(d) That he knew Mel through Harry Cotten.
8. Where do Paul and Spenser arrive at in Chapter 25?
(a) Mel Giacomin's insurance firm.
(b) Susan Silverman's office.
(c) Harry Cotton's car lot.
(d) Harry Crimoli's gym.
9. Which of the following projects does Spenser think will teach Paul to become independent and self-reliant?
(a) Moving out by himself.
(b) Going camping for a month in the wilds of the Maine woods.
(c) Building a house on Susan's property in Fryeburg, Maine.
(d) Growing his own food and living in a cabin in the Maine woods.
10. Where do Paul and Spenser stop to eat in Chapter 15?
(a) At a burger joint called "JB's" in Maine.
(b) At a drive-thru McDonald's on their way out of Massachusetts.
(c) At a diner called "Babe's" in Connecticut.
(d) A restaurant called "Horsefeathers" in North Conway, New Hampshire.
11. In Chapter 17, what physical activity do Spenser and Paul engage in?
(a) Playing golf.
(b) Weight lifting.
12. In Chapter 14, what does Hawk say about Spenser?
(a) That he is unpredictable.
(b) That he is unreliable.
(c) That he is reliable.
(d) That he is predictable.
13. Who is the man sitting at the desk in Chapter 25?
(a) Harry Cotton.
(d) Buddy Hartman.
14. Why does Mel's access to "leg breakers" concern Spenser?
(a) Because they would get in the way of a court case.
(b) Because Mel's friends could hurt Paul.
(c) Because a normal insurance salesman and real estate agent would not know where to find such individuals.
(d) Because Mel's friends could hurt Patty.
15. What do Spenser and Paul have for lunch in Chapter 21?
(a) Cobb salad and French onion soup.
(b) Cheddar cheese and Granny Smith apples, Bartlett pears, seedless green grapes, and an unsliced loaf of pumpernickel bread.
(c) Vegetable soup and crackers.
(d) Grilled cheese sandwiches and potato chips.
Short Answer Questions
1. Spenser takes Paul to Louis'; what is Louis'?
2. What does the visitor in Chapter 22 ask for Paul and Spenser to do?
3. While Spenser and Paul are working in Chapter 22, who goes to the cabin?
4. What does Spenser tell Paul that they are going to do with Susan's rural property?
5. Who is Mortimer Snerd?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)