|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles was Paul up to running by May?
2. What is Paul's response to Spenser's plans for the property?
(a) Paul shrugs and says that he does not care.
(b) That they are crazy, and that Spenser is crazy.
(c) That Spenser has a good plan and that Paul wants to help.
(d) He does not believe that Spenser can do it. He also says that he does not want to help.
3. What does Susan say about Spenser's personality in Chapter 20?
(a) That he works too hard to thwart people's expectations.
(b) That he is predictable.
(c) That he is fun-loving and adventurous.
(d) That he is unpredictable.
4. What is Paul's opinion on possibly finding out some less-than-desirable information on his parents?
(a) He is happy to learn about his parents' dirty laundry.
(b) He does not care, and he is willing to help find out information about them.
(c) He is upset at the possibility.
(d) He does not have an opinion.
5. What is Spenser's solution to the problem discussed in Chapter 23?
(a) There is no solution.
(b) To look into boarding schools.
(c) To use Elaine to find Mel.
(d) To blackmail Paul's parents.
6. In Chapter 26, where do Paul and Spenser stay the first night?
(a) In Spenser's apartment in Boston.
(b) With Hawk.
(c) At Harry's gym.
(d) Back at the cabin.
7. Why does Patty refuse to report Mel's actions to the police?
(a) Because she is afraid he will kill her.
(b) Because she is afraid that Paul will hate her for it.
(c) Because she does not trust the police.
(d) Because she believes that the police are too busy to handle it.
8. What information did Spenser find out from the person whom he caught in Chapter 24?
(a) That Paul was really the son of a powerful mobster.
(b) That Mel Giacomin was an assassin.
(c) That he knew Mel through Harry Cotten.
(d) That Patty Giacomin was a prostitute.
9. Who is the man sitting at the desk in Chapter 25?
(c) Harry Cotton.
(d) Buddy Hartman.
10. What does Spenser need to learn more than anything else if he is to survive?
(a) How to please others.
(b) How to make his parents happy.
(c) How to dress.
11. In Chapter 20, what does Paul reveal to Spenser about his dreams?
(a) That he would like to be a private detective.
(b) That he would like to be an architect.
(c) That he would like to be a construction worker.
(d) That he would like to be a ballet dancer.
12. What does Spenser tell Paul that they are going to do with Susan's rural property?
(a) Hunt, fish, and trap.
(b) Cultivate the land to grow crops.
(c) Live in one cabin and build a better one.
(d) Cut down all of the trees and clear the land.
13. While Spenser and Paul are working in Chapter 22, who goes to the cabin?
14. What option does Spenser give Paul in Chapter 24?
(a) To live with him in the cabin.
(b) To go away to school in London.
(c) To stay with Susan instead of going with him.
(d) To go back home to his parents.
15. What does the man at the desk threaten to do in Chapter 25?
(a) To kidnap Susan.
(b) To keep Paul for ransom.
(c) To kill Spenser if he does not stay out of his business.
(d) To burglarize Spenser's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what does Hawk say about Spenser?
2. What is the name of the restaurant that Paul, Spenser, and Susan dine at in Chapter 19?
3. Where do Paul and Spenser catch the person whom they are looking for in Chapter 24?
4. What does the group decide to have for dinner in Chapter 13?
5. What does Paul's dad, Mel say about the ballet?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)