|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spenser think of the visitor's request in Chapter 22?
(a) "Do we sense a pattern developing?"
(b) "But there is nothing to be done about it."
(c) "That is what you did with Harry."
(d) "You want to move in with the spiffy one on a permanent basis. But he will not take the kid. You cannot keep paying me to babysit, so you are going to ship him off to the old man."
2. How many miles was Paul up to running by May?
3. What idea does Patty come up with to solve the problem of Mel's henchmen in Chapter 13?
(a) That Hawk take Paul into hiding.
(b) That Spenser take Paul.
(c) That Susan adopt Paul.
(d) That Paul go to live with his distant great-aunt in Ohio.
4. Why does Susan feel the way that she does about the idea of Paul being away from his parents and learning self-reliance?
(a) Because she was separated from her parents when she was young, and she feels that it was a detriment to the rest of her life.
(b) Because she knows how difficult it is to raise children with issues like Paul's; and she doubts that there is any possibility of change.
(c) Because as a guidance counselor, she knows how necessary it is for a child to be with their parents, even if the parents are abusive.
(d) Because she had a child that she had to give up, and she still hurts over that decision.
5. Right after visiting Louis', where do Paul and Spenser go?
(a) To the Hudson River.
(b) To "Antoinette's Restaurant".
(c) To the museum of fine arts.
(d) To a bookstore.
6. What is Paul's opinion on possibly finding out some less-than-desirable information on his parents?
(a) He is happy to learn about his parents' dirty laundry.
(b) He does not have an opinion.
(c) He is upset at the possibility.
(d) He does not care, and he is willing to help find out information about them.
7. What does Paul's dad, Mel say about the ballet?
(a) That it is embarassing.
(b) That it is boring.
(c) That it is not art.
(d) That it is for girls.
8. In Chapter 19, what does Paul wear on Saturday morning?
(a) A tan corduroy jacket, brown pants, a powder blue polyester shirt with dark blue pocket flaps, no tie, black socks, and top-sider shoes.
(b) A green polyester suit, purple shirt, and brown boots.
(c) A grey suit, a purple shirt and tie, and his sneakers.
(d) A tan suit, a blue shirt, a tan tie, and his sneakers.
9. In Chapter 17, when Paul asks Spenser why he cannot just leave him alone, what is Spenser's answer?
(a) Because Paul's parents never left him alone, and Spenser does not feel that he should have to either.
(b) Because Paul must learn to respect his elders.
(c) Because everybody in his life has left him alone all of his life, and it has not done him any good.
(d) Because Spenser thinks that Paul needs less structure in his life.
10. What does Spenser say about too much positivity in Chapter 20?
(a) That there is no such thing as too much positivity in today's world.
(b) That too much positivity is for those who do not understand their surroundings.
(c) That too much positivity is a sign that the person with the outlook is either scared or stupid; or both.
(d) That not having enough positivity can ruin a person's life.
11. Who is Mortimer Snerd?
(a) A nerdy TV personality.
(b) A cartoon character.
(c) A ventriloquist's dummy.
(d) An author.
12. When does Paul set out on his journey of self-discovery and growth?
(a) In September.
(b) In May.
(c) In August.
(d) In July.
13. Where do Spenser and Paul eat in Chapter 24?
(a) Casa Rosa's.
(b) Quincy Market.
(c) Babe's Bistro.
(d) At the cabin.
14. What is Paul's response to Spenser's plans for the property?
(a) Paul shrugs and says that he does not care.
(b) That Spenser has a good plan and that Paul wants to help.
(c) He does not believe that Spenser can do it. He also says that he does not want to help.
(d) That they are crazy, and that Spenser is crazy.
15. Who is the man sitting at the desk in Chapter 25?
(a) Harry Cotton.
(b) Buddy Hartman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, what physical activity do Spenser and Paul engage in?
2. What favor does Spenser ask of Susan in Chapter 23?
3. What does the group decide to have for dinner in Chapter 13?
4. What does the man sitting at the desk in Chapter 25 look like?
5. What does the visitor in Chapter 22 ask for Paul and Spenser to do?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)