|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is already there when Spenser arrives at his destination in Chapter 13?
(a) Hawk, Buddy, and Harold.
(b) Susan, Patty, and Paul; Hawk arrives with Spenser.
(c) Mel, Buddy, and Harold.
(d) Paul, Mel, and Buddy.
2. On their first full day at the cabin in Chapter 16, Spenser and Paul go to North Conway for which of the following?
(a) To buy books.
(b) To go record shopping.
(c) To buy Paul some sneakers.
(d) To buy a television for the cabin.
3. What is Spenser's solution to the problem discussed in Chapter 23?
(a) There is no solution.
(b) To blackmail Paul's parents.
(c) To look into boarding schools.
(d) To use Elaine to find Mel.
4. Who is Mortimer Snerd?
(a) A ventriloquist's dummy.
(b) A cartoon character.
(c) An author.
(d) A nerdy TV personality.
5. What favor does Spenser ask of Susan in Chapter 23?
(a) If she would let Paul move in with her.
(b) If she would watch Paul while he took care of some business.
(c) If she would find out about ballet schools for Paul.
(d) If she would marry him.
6. What is the name of the restaurant that Paul, Spenser, and Susan dine at in Chapter 19?
(a) Tres Margaritas.
(b) La Casadorez.
(c) The Grumpy Gringo.
(d) Casa Romero.
7. Why does Spenser feel that Paul needs to be away from his parents?
(a) Because they are using him to bait each other, and it is not psychologically or emotionally healthy.
(b) Because Paul does not want to live with either one of them.
(c) Because they are harming him; and they have not taught him how to survive.
(d) Because the two of them need time to work out their problems.
8. What does Spenser tell Paul about fighting in a "regular" fight?
(a) That fighting is only for the strong-willed.
(b) That the strongest fighter always wins.
(c) That the smartest fighter always wins.
(d) That anybody can beat anybody in a fight without rules.
9. In Chapter 18, where does Paul tell Spenser that he has never been?
(a) To Philadelphia.
(b) To New York.
(c) To Miami.
(d) To Denver.
10. When Paul asks Spenser about his fighting career, he asks if he could have been a champion; and Spenser says no. What is Spenser's reasoning for that answer?
(a) Because he did not want to be a champion.
(b) Because he got too old to train properly.
(c) Because he was in a different league than champions.
(d) Because he injured his knee and could not fight anymore.
11. While Spenser and Paul are working in Chapter 22, who goes to the cabin?
12. In Chapter 21, what physical activity do Spenser and Paul engage in?
(d) Tree climbing.
13. In Chapter 14, what does Hawk say about Spenser?
(a) That he is reliable.
(b) That he is unpredictable.
(c) That he is predictable.
(d) That he is unreliable.
14. Where does Spenser catch a ride to in Chapter 13?
(a) Spenser's apartment in Boston.
(b) Patty's house in Lexington.
(c) Mel's house in Andover.
(d) Susan's house in Smithfield.
15. Who is the man sitting at the desk in Chapter 25?
(a) Harry Cotton.
(d) Buddy Hartman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Spenser and Paul eat in Chapter 24?
2. Where do Paul and Spenser arrive at in Chapter 25?
3. What does Spenser think of the visitor's request in Chapter 22?
4. The first morning that Paul and Spenser are in the cabin, what does Spenser set out for breakfast?
5. What does Susan think about the idea of Paul being away from his parents and learning self-reliance?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)