|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mel's access to "leg breakers" concern Spenser?
(a) Because a normal insurance salesman and real estate agent would not know where to find such individuals.
(b) Because Mel's friends could hurt Patty.
(c) Because Mel's friends could hurt Paul.
(d) Because they would get in the way of a court case.
2. In Chapter 21, what physical activity do Spenser and Paul engage in?
(b) Tree climbing.
3. Where do Paul and Spenser catch the person whom they are looking for in Chapter 24?
(a) In a car.
(b) Near a big pseudo-Gothic church.
(c) In the bar.
(d) On the street.
4. What idea does Patty come up with to solve the problem of Mel's henchmen in Chapter 13?
(a) That Spenser take Paul.
(b) That Susan adopt Paul.
(c) That Hawk take Paul into hiding.
(d) That Paul go to live with his distant great-aunt in Ohio.
5. Besides the man sitting at the desk, who else is in the building that Paul and Spenser visit in Chapter 25?
(a) Two rottweiler dogs.
(b) Three men playing cards.
(c) A room full of bookies.
(d) No one.
6. Where does Spenser catch a ride to in Chapter 13?
(a) Mel's house in Andover.
(b) Susan's house in Smithfield.
(c) Patty's house in Lexington.
(d) Spenser's apartment in Boston.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 22, what skill is Paul learning?
(a) How to hammer a nail.
(b) How to use a circular saw.
(c) How to use a saw horse.
(d) How to use a measuring tape.
8. Who was the best fighter Spenser ever fought?
(a) Rob Marciano.
(b) Joe Walcott.
(c) Horace Gracie.
(d) Muhammad Ali.
9. In Chapter 14, what does Hawk say about Spenser?
(a) That he is predictable.
(b) That he is reliable.
(c) That he is unpredictable.
(d) That he is unreliable.
10. What does Spenser say about too much positivity in Chapter 20?
(a) That too much positivity is for those who do not understand their surroundings.
(b) That not having enough positivity can ruin a person's life.
(c) That there is no such thing as too much positivity in today's world.
(d) That too much positivity is a sign that the person with the outlook is either scared or stupid; or both.
11. What is Spenser's response when Paul asks him why he thinks that Paul's parents say everything is for girls?
(a) Because they do not really care, and are just telling Paul that to bring his inquisitiveness to an end.
(b) Because they are afraid to admit what they like because other people may think they are weak.
(c) Because they do not know any better; because they do not know who they are, or how to find outp or what a good person is, or how to find out. So they rely on categories.
(d) Because Paul's parents are small-minded people in a big world.
12. What option does Spenser give Paul in Chapter 24?
(a) To live with him in the cabin.
(b) To stay with Susan instead of going with him.
(c) To go back home to his parents.
(d) To go away to school in London.
13. On their first full day at the cabin in Chapter 16, Spenser and Paul go to North Conway for which of the following?
(a) To buy a television for the cabin.
(b) To go record shopping.
(c) To buy books.
(d) To buy Paul some sneakers.
14. When does Paul set out on his journey of self-discovery and growth?
(a) In May.
(b) In August.
(c) In September.
(d) In July.
15. Where do Spenser and Paul eat in Chapter 24?
(a) Quincy Market.
(b) At the cabin.
(c) Babe's Bistro.
(d) Casa Rosa's.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Spenser and Paul are working in Chapter 22, who goes to the cabin?
2. What problem are Susan and Spenser trying to solve in Chapter 23?
3. What does Susan think about the idea of Paul being away from his parents and learning self-reliance?
4. In Chapter 20, what does Paul reveal to Spenser about his dreams?
5. What is Spenser's solution to the problem discussed in Chapter 23?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)