|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the tall man with the boot camp crew-cut and a navy watch cap who entered Patty's house?
2. Who leaves with the narrator in Chapter 3?
(a) Paul Giacomin.
(b) Elaine Brooks.
(c) Mel Giacomin.
(d) Patty Giacomin.
3. In Chapter 3, after the narrator enters the house and confronts the two people inside, how do the people react?
(a) They are happy.
(b) They are relieved.
(c) They are surprised.
(d) They are excited.
4. In Chapter 4, what does the passenger say about the narrator's muscles?
(a) That they are ugly.
(b) That they are fake.
(c) That they are impressive.
(d) That they are wimpy.
5. Which one of the men who enter Patty's house in Chapter 11 does Spenser know?
6. Where does the narrator follow the woman to in Chapter 3?
(a) Hawk's gym.
(b) Harry Cotton's condominium.
(c) Mel Giacomin's house.
(d) Spenser's office.
7. In Chapter 4, what does the passenger say about the narrator's profession?
(a) That it is awfully gross.
(b) That it is a rotten occupation.
(c) That it is totally great.
(d) That it is very interesting.
8. What is Patty's reasoning for being married?
(a) To have a stable home life.
(b) To have a father for Paul.
(c) To get power and money.
(d) To keep her from being lonely.
9. What happens to the Giacomin house two days following the argument about the role of the modern women?
(a) Paul tries to run away.
(b) Patty gets angry at Spenser and demands that he leave the house.
(c) Patty apologizes to Spenser and asks him to leave.
(d) Some men come to kidnap Paul.
10. What book is Spenser reading in Chapter 7?
(a) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
(b) A Distant Mirror.
(c) Of Mice and Men.
(d) To Kill a Mockingbird.
11. In Chapter 7, what do Patty, Paul, and Spenser have for dinner?
(a) Hot dogs with macarooni and cheese.
(b) Cold tuna sandwiches on rye bread.
(c) Hamburgers and french fries.
(d) Steak, peas, and baked potato.
12. When Patty leaves for New York, what does Paul do?
(a) Build a model sailboat.
(b) Stay with a friend.
(c) Watch TV.
(d) Build some cabinets for the house.
13. In Chapter 7, what is Patty's "plan" for Spenser?
(a) To go to the police with the story.
(b) To go and beat up her ex-husband.
(c) To go and threaten her ex-husband.
(d) To stay with her and Paul; to be their protector.
14. Who does Spenser call on to help him during the hostage situation in Chapter 12?
15. Who is inside the building that the narrator enters in Chapter 3?
(a) Hawk and Henry.
(b) Spenser and Susan Silverman.
(c) Patty Giacomin and Paul Giacomin.
(d) Mel Giacomin and Elaine Brooks.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 2, where is the narrator sitting?
2. In Chapter 10, what does Patty ask Spenser when he returns from dropping Paul off at school?
3. What kind of car does Elaine Brooks drive?
4. In Chapter 5, what is Patty's first response to Spenser and Paul's entrance?
5. When Patty leaves for New York, what does Spenser do?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)