|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 through 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Spenser find waiting for him in his office in Chapter 31?
(a) Harry Cotton.
2. Who were some of the narrator's new neighbors?
(a) A dancer, a lawyer, a restaurant, and a newspaper agency.
(b) Brooks Brothers, a bank, Bonwit Teller, Police Headquarters, and an ad agency.
(c) A nosy old lady, a card shark, a lawyer, and a bar.
(d) A bookie and a fortune teller.
3. What does Spenser tell Paul that they are going to do with Susan's rural property?
(a) Live in one cabin and build a better one.
(b) Cut down all of the trees and clear the land.
(c) Cultivate the land to grow crops.
(d) Hunt, fish, and trap.
4. Who was the best fighter Spenser ever fought?
(a) Horace Gracie.
(b) Muhammad Ali.
(c) Rob Marciano.
(d) Joe Walcott.
5. What is the answer to the visitor's demand in Chapter 22?
(a) Paul will not go.
(b) They turn down the construction job offer.
(c) Spenser will take the case.
(d) They answer that they do not have a construction permit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Spenser tells Patty that he can put her in touch with the feminist writer, Rachel Wallace. Patty responds that feminist theory is all well and good on paper, but that it is not successful in reality. Spenser asks her what the term, successful means in the "real world"; and Patty's response is:
2. In Chapter 10, after Patty freshens up and returns to the breakfast table, she and Spenser have a discussion. What is that discussion about?
3. Who is the narrator?
4. Where do Paul, Susan, and Spenser decide to go together in Chapter 29?
5. What does Spenser say about too much positivity in Chapter 20?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)