|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were some of the narrator's new neighbors?
(a) A bookie and a fortune teller.
(b) A dancer, a lawyer, a restaurant, and a newspaper agency.
(c) Brooks Brothers, a bank, Bonwit Teller, Police Headquarters, and an ad agency.
(d) A nosy old lady, a card shark, a lawyer, and a bar.
2. In what city does this story take place?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York City.
3. Why does Susan feel the way that she does about the idea of Paul being away from his parents and learning self-reliance?
(a) Because she had a child that she had to give up, and she still hurts over that decision.
(b) Because she knows how difficult it is to raise children with issues like Paul's; and she doubts that there is any possibility of change.
(c) Because as a guidance counselor, she knows how necessary it is for a child to be with their parents, even if the parents are abusive.
(d) Because she was separated from her parents when she was young, and she feels that it was a detriment to the rest of her life.
4. In Chapter 3, after the narrator enters the house and confronts the two people inside, how do the people react?
(a) They are happy.
(b) They are surprised.
(c) They are excited.
(d) They are relieved.
5. What does Spenser wonder about the female jogger in the beige and blue exercise outfit?
(a) Whether she was wealthy or poor?
(b) Whether she would jog with him if he were to offer her money and power.
(c) Whether he could ask her for her phone number.
(d) Whether she was married or living with someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Spenser takes Paul to Louis'; what is Louis'?
2. In Chapter 4, what does the passenger say about the narrator's muscles?
3. What does the visitor in Chapter 22 ask for Paul and Spenser to do?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 22, what skill is Paul learning?
5. Which of the following projects does Spenser think will teach Paul to become independent and self-reliant?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)