|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Elaine Brooks?
(a) Spenser's receptionist.
(b) Spenser's client.
(c) Mel Giacomin's girlfriend.
(d) A witness.
2. In Chapter 8, when Patty and Spenser are talking at the breakfast table, what conclusion does Spenser come to about Patty, Mel, and Paul's relationship?
(a) That Paul is a trophy that Mel and Patty fight over to hurt each other; and that neither really care about Paul's well-being.
(b) That the divorce really was the most healthy outcome for the family.
(c) That they could really be a happy family if they all tried a little harder.
(d) That the three of them should go to counseling and work out their issues.
3. What idea does Patty come up with to solve the problem of Mel's henchmen in Chapter 13?
(a) That Susan adopt Paul.
(b) That Paul go to live with his distant great-aunt in Ohio.
(c) That Spenser take Paul.
(d) That Hawk take Paul into hiding.
4. In Chapter 21, what physical activity do Spenser and Paul engage in?
(b) Tree climbing.
5. What happens to the Giacomin house two days following the argument about the role of the modern women?
(a) Patty apologizes to Spenser and asks him to leave.
(b) Patty gets angry at Spenser and demands that he leave the house.
(c) Paul tries to run away.
(d) Some men come to kidnap Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spenser think of the visitor's request in Chapter 22?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 22, what skill is Paul learning?
3. What is the name of the restaurant that Paul, Spenser, and Susan dine at in Chapter 19?
4. What kind of car does Elaine Brooks drive?
5. In what month does the story begin?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)