|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Paul and Spenser stop to eat in Chapter 15?
(a) At a burger joint called "JB's" in Maine.
(b) At a diner called "Babe's" in Connecticut.
(c) A restaurant called "Horsefeathers" in North Conway, New Hampshire.
(d) At a drive-thru McDonald's on their way out of Massachusetts.
2. After the eviction, what was the narrator's new address?
(a) Berkley and Height Ashbury.
(b) Boylston Street and the corner of Berkley.
(c) Speer and I-25.
(d) It was the same as the previous address.
3. In Chapter 7, what does Patty tell Spenser has happened to Paul?
(a) That a strange man approached Paul on his way home from school, and told him that his father wanted to see him. When Paul would not go with him, the man got out of his car and started to chase him.
(b) That his father came to Paul's school and tried to take him out of class.
(c) That Paul tried to run away to his father's house.
(d) That the person whom she hired to babysit Paul while she was out, turned out to be one of Mel's henchmen who tried to kidnap Paul.
4. The first morning that Paul and Spenser are in the cabin, what does Spenser set out for breakfast?
(a) Cornbread, strawberry jam, and a bowl of assorted fruit.
(b) Steak and eggs.
(c) Oatmeal, butter, sugar, and coffee.
(d) Egg white omelettes and juice.
5. What is Spenser's response when Paul asks him why he thinks that Paul's parents say everything is for girls?
(a) Because they do not know any better; because they do not know who they are, or how to find outp or what a good person is, or how to find out. So they rely on categories.
(b) Because they do not really care, and are just telling Paul that to bring his inquisitiveness to an end.
(c) Because they are afraid to admit what they like because other people may think they are weak.
(d) Because Paul's parents are small-minded people in a big world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man sitting at the desk in Chapter 25?
2. What is already built on Susan's rural property?
3. In Chapter 10, what does Patty ask Spenser when he returns from dropping Paul off at school?
4. Who leaves with the narrator in Chapter 3?
5. What idea does Patty come up with to solve the problem of Mel's henchmen in Chapter 13?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)