|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Susan feel the way that she does about the idea of Paul being away from his parents and learning self-reliance?
(a) Because she had a child that she had to give up, and she still hurts over that decision.
(b) Because she was separated from her parents when she was young, and she feels that it was a detriment to the rest of her life.
(c) Because she knows how difficult it is to raise children with issues like Paul's; and she doubts that there is any possibility of change.
(d) Because as a guidance counselor, she knows how necessary it is for a child to be with their parents, even if the parents are abusive.
2. In Chapter 10, what does Patty do in response to Paul's comments about her thoughts on the reality of modern women?
(a) She begins to cry, and runs out of the kitchen and into her bedroom, slamming the door.
(b) Looking into her coffee cup, she says nothing,
(c) She is quiet for some time, and finally acknowledges that he has a point.
(d) She knocks over her half-full cup of coffee and its saucer off the table and onto the floor; and leaves the kitchen for her bedroom, slamming the door.
3. On their trip to North Conway in Chapter 16, what does Spenser tell Paul is "against the rules"?
(a) Not learning to be a man.
(b) Speaking badly of another person's beloved.
(c) Lying to Spenser.
(d) Running away from home.
4. What does Spenser say about ballet dancers?
(a) That they are talentless hacks.
(b) That dancing is for girls.
(c) That they are fine athletes and gifted artists.
(d) That ballet dancing is a very admirable profession.
5. What is Paul's response to Spenser's plans for the property?
(a) He does not believe that Spenser can do it. He also says that he does not want to help.
(b) That Spenser has a good plan and that Paul wants to help.
(c) Paul shrugs and says that he does not care.
(d) That they are crazy, and that Spenser is crazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what does Hawk say about Spenser?
2. In Chapter 20, what does Paul reveal to Spenser about his dreams?
3. Who is the narrator?
4. What is the answer to the visitor's demand in Chapter 22?
5. Why does Spenser feel that Paul needs to be away from his parents?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)