|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spenser wear on Saturday morning in Chapter 19?
(a) A blue suit, a white shirt, a blue tie with red stripes on it, and black shoes.
(b) A white suit, pink shirt, white tie, and white shoes.
(c) A black suit, a black shirt, a white tie, and black shoes.
(d) A brown suit, dark blue shirt, a dark blue tie, and brown shoes.
2. What is already built on Susan's rural property?
(a) The foundation for a new house.
(c) A well for fresh water.
(d) A rustic hunting cabin.
3. In Chapter 4, what does the passenger say about the narrator's profession?
(a) That it is very interesting.
(b) That it is totally great.
(c) That it is awfully gross.
(d) That it is a rotten occupation.
4. In Chapter 8, when he returned after his respite after breakfast, what does Patty ask him?
(a) Whether he was married.
(b) Whether he was lonely.
(c) Whether he had decided if he would stay with them and take the job or not.
(d) Whether he wanted lunch.
5. What is Patty's reasoning for being married?
(a) To have a stable home life.
(b) To keep her from being lonely.
(c) To have a father for Paul.
(d) To get power and money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does Patty ask of Spenser in Chapter 5?
2. In what month does the story begin?
3. In Chapter 10, what does Patty do in response to Paul's comments about her thoughts on the reality of modern women?
4. What is the story that Patty recalls in Chapter 13?
5. When they arrive at the house in Chapter 4, how does the passenger enter the house?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)