|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 trhough 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what is Paul's response after Patty tells Spenser her thoughts on the reality of modern women?
(a) "You are going through a tough time. But you will not feel that way forever."
(b) "Yeah, look where it got you."
(c) "Just because I am a boy I do not have an opinion on the subject."
(d) "Those are your beliefs, Mom."
2. Who are the two men who force their way into Patty's house in Chapter 11?
(a) Spenser and Buddy.
(b) Buddy and Harold.
(c) Henry and Harry.
(d) Hawk and Harry.
3. In Chapter 7, what do Patty, Paul, and Spenser have for dinner?
(a) Cold tuna sandwiches on rye bread.
(b) Hamburgers and french fries.
(c) Hot dogs with macarooni and cheese.
(d) Steak, peas, and baked potato.
4. What did Paul say about his own father and cooking?
(a) That he would like to learn.
(b) That he never did it, and that he said it was for girls.
(c) That Mel cooked all the time.
(d) That Mel said that he would teach Paul to cook one day.
5. What is the narrator hired to do in Chapter 1?
(a) Locate the client's missing dog, a championship-winning fox terrier.
(b) Help the client find out about a blackmailer.
(c) Find the client's son and bring him back home.
(d) Investigate the client's spouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Spenser not want a personal relationship with Patty?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 2, where is the narrator sitting?
3. What does Paul ask Spenser about dinner the first night that Patty is away in New York?
4. In Chapter 6, what nagging situation is on Spenser's mind?
5. What habit does the passenger have that drives the narrator absolutely crazy during their car ride in Chapter 4?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)