|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 trhough 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what reasoning does the narrator give for his career choice?
(a) "I used to be a singer, until I popped my vocal chord."
(b) "I couldn't finish medical school."
(c) "It lets me live life on my own terms."
(d) "All the good acting roles were taken."
2. What favor does Patty ask of Spenser in Chapter 5?
(a) That Spenser move in as their permanent bodyguard.
(b) That Spenser serve Mel with a restraining order.
(c) That Spenser take Paul out to dinner because she has plans.
(d) That Spenser stay the night and protect her and Paul.
3. Who is Mel Giacomin?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A hoodlum Spenser knows from the past.
(c) Patty's ex-husband and Paul's father.
(d) Spenser's client.
4. In what city does this story take place?
(b) New York City.
(c) Los Angeles.
5. In Chapter 8, what does Spenser do after breakfast?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Go to his office and check his messages.
(c) Take a walk.
(d) Go out for a run.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Giacomin house two days following the argument about the role of the modern women?
2. Where does the narrator follow the woman to in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 10, Spenser says that he did not mind Patty's idea of fancy cooking; but that there was something that he did mind. What was it?
4. Which one of the men who enter Patty's house in Chapter 11 does Spenser know?
5. In Chapter 3, who else is in the house besides the narrator and the two people in the living room?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)