|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 trhough 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first question that the narrator asks the passenger in Chapter 4 after leaving the house?
(a) "Name's Spenser with an S, like the Poet. I'm in the Boston Book. Under Tough. Heard of me?"
(b) "Package for Ms. Brooks. She 'ere?"
(c) "Who would you rather live with, your mother or your father?
(d) "Smart. I like a man who gets out of a marriage gracefully. Don't you?"
2. What does the narrator buy at Bloomingdale's?
(a) A silver wine bucket.
(b) A fedora.
(c) A pair of sneakers.
(d) A gold watch.
3. What did the narrator accomplish by visiting the woman in Chapter 2?
(a) He knows that the missing gold jewelry is not in the woman's house.
(b) Learning what the woman looks like and that she will possibly call the person for whom the narrator is searching.
(c) Knows that the woman now knows that the narrator knows who she is.
(d) He will now be able to identify the woman so that she can follow her better.
4. When they arrive at the house in Chapter 4, how does the passenger enter the house?
(a) He opens the back door and enters without knocking or any type of announcement.
(b) He pulls out his key and unlocks the side entrance to the house.
(c) He runs up the front steps and bursts through the door.
(d) He barges in the front door and yells, "Hey! I'm home!"
5. In Chapter 8, when he returned after his respite after breakfast, what does Patty ask him?
(a) Whether he wanted lunch.
(b) Whether he had decided if he would stay with them and take the job or not.
(c) Whether he was married.
(d) Whether he was lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the eviction, what was the narrator's new address?
2. When Patty leaves for New York, what does Spenser do?
3. Who were some of the narrator's new neighbors?
4. What happens to the Giacomin house two days following the argument about the role of the modern women?
5. In Chapter 3, what does the man keep calling the narrator?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)