|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 through 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Susan, Paul, and Spenser return to Boston after their trip, what happens to them as they are unloading the luggage from their car?
(a) Susan slips on the curb and breaks her ankle.
(b) They are shot at by someone in a car as the car passes by.
(c) Paul is able to lift four heavy bags at the same time.
(d) Spenser proposes to Susan.
2. What favor does Spenser ask of Susan in Chapter 23?
(a) If she would let Paul move in with her.
(b) If she would marry him.
(c) If she would find out about ballet schools for Paul.
(d) If she would watch Paul while he took care of some business.
3. Why does Susan feel the way that she does about the idea of Paul being away from his parents and learning self-reliance?
(a) Because she was separated from her parents when she was young, and she feels that it was a detriment to the rest of her life.
(b) Because she had a child that she had to give up, and she still hurts over that decision.
(c) Because as a guidance counselor, she knows how necessary it is for a child to be with their parents, even if the parents are abusive.
(d) Because she knows how difficult it is to raise children with issues like Paul's; and she doubts that there is any possibility of change.
4. What does Spenser say about too much positivity in Chapter 20?
(a) That too much positivity is for those who do not understand their surroundings.
(b) That not having enough positivity can ruin a person's life.
(c) That there is no such thing as too much positivity in today's world.
(d) That too much positivity is a sign that the person with the outlook is either scared or stupid; or both.
5. How does Paul feel about the information found in Chapter 27?
(a) He does not know whether he can handle all of it.
(b) He is excited to be on an adventure.
(c) He is disappointed in what he is finding out.
(d) He feels fine about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul ask Spenser about dinner the first night that Patty is away in New York?
2. Who leaves with the narrator in Chapter 3?
3. Who is the short, dumpy, barrel-bodied man with the ugly wig and an auburn Dynel ski cap who entered Patty's house?
4. What does the man sitting at the desk in Chapter 25 look like?
5. What does Spenser do for dinner the first night that Patty is away in New York?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)