|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 trhough 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, after the narrator enters the house and confronts the two people inside, how do the people react?
(a) They are relieved.
(b) They are surprised.
(c) They are happy.
(d) They are excited.
2. After the eviction, what was the narrator's new address?
(a) Speer and I-25.
(b) It was the same as the previous address.
(c) Berkley and Height Ashbury.
(d) Boylston Street and the corner of Berkley.
3. Besides the narrator, who else was evicted from the corner of Massachusetts Avenue and Boylston?
(a) A bank and a tailor.
(b) A pet shop and a dry cleaner.
(c) A fortune-teller and a bookie.
(d) No one.
4. Why does Spenser not want a personal relationship with Patty?
(a) Because he is in love with Susan, and because he believes that Paul would think less of him if he were to get involved with Patty.
(b) Because he does not find her attractive.
(c) Because he does not like mixing personal issues with business matters.
(d) Because it would be unprofessional and harm his professional reputation.
5. What is Patty's reasoning for being married?
(a) To have a stable home life.
(b) To keep her from being lonely.
(c) To have a father for Paul.
(d) To get power and money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Spenser tells Patty that he can put her in touch with the feminist writer, Rachel Wallace. Patty responds that feminist theory is all well and good on paper, but that it is not successful in reality. Spenser asks her what the term, successful means in the "real world"; and Patty's response is:
2. In Chapter 11, one of the men says something about Spenser and guns. What is it?
3. Who is the narrator?
4. Who was at home with Patty when Spenser and Paul arrived in Chapter 5?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 2, where is the narrator sitting?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)