|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 trhough 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator?
(a) Paul Warsol.
(b) Mr. Spenser.
(c) Hawkeye Anderson.
(d) Patty and Susan.
2. When Spenser tells Patty that he does not want a personal relationship with her, what is her reaction?
(a) She tells him that she understands and that there are not any hard feelings.
(b) She insults herself and him, and then breaks down crying.
(c) She gets angry and demands that he leave her house.
(d) She storms off to her room and starts breaking things.
3. Who is the tall man with the boot camp crew-cut and a navy watch cap who entered Patty's house?
4. What kind of car does Elaine Brooks drive?
(a) A gold LaCrosse.
(b) A red MGB with a gold luggage rack.
(c) A Jaguar ZX2.
(d) A black Buick Regal.
5. In Chapter 7, what does Patty tell Spenser has happened to Paul?
(a) That a strange man approached Paul on his way home from school, and told him that his father wanted to see him. When Paul would not go with him, the man got out of his car and started to chase him.
(b) That his father came to Paul's school and tried to take him out of class.
(c) That the person whom she hired to babysit Paul while she was out, turned out to be one of Mel's henchmen who tried to kidnap Paul.
(d) That Paul tried to run away to his father's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does the story begin?
2. Who does Spenser call on to help him during the hostage situation in Chapter 12?
3. What is Paul's response to Patty's "plan" in Chapter 7?
4. Who leaves with the narrator in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Spenser not want a personal relationship with Patty?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)