|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does the story begin?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 2, where is the narrator sitting?
(a) At the counter of a Dunkin' Donuts.
(b) At police headquarters.
(c) The narrator's office.
(d) Outside an apartment building on Hammond Pond Parkway in Chestnut Hill.
3. Why does Patty refuse to report Mel's actions to the police?
(a) Because she does not trust the police.
(b) Because she is afraid he will kill her.
(c) Because she believes that the police are too busy to handle it.
(d) Because she is afraid that Paul will hate her for it.
4. What kind of car does Elaine Brooks drive?
(a) A Jaguar ZX2.
(b) A gold LaCrosse.
(c) A black Buick Regal.
(d) A red MGB with a gold luggage rack.
5. In Chapter 2, who is the narrator staking out and trying to find?
(a) Susan Silverman.
(b) Harry Cotton.
(d) Mel Giacomin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, when Patty and Spenser are talking at the breakfast table, what conclusion does Spenser come to about Patty, Mel, and Paul's relationship?
2. Who hires the narrator in Chapter 1?
3. What is Paul's response to Spenser's plans for the property?
4. In Chapter 8, how long was the time period that Spenser was gone following breakfast?
5. When they arrive at the house in Chapter 4, how does the passenger enter the house?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)