|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Patty tell Spenser has happened to Paul?
(a) That a strange man approached Paul on his way home from school, and told him that his father wanted to see him. When Paul would not go with him, the man got out of his car and started to chase him.
(b) That Paul tried to run away to his father's house.
(c) That his father came to Paul's school and tried to take him out of class.
(d) That the person whom she hired to babysit Paul while she was out, turned out to be one of Mel's henchmen who tried to kidnap Paul.
2. When Patty leaves for New York, what does Paul do?
(a) Build a model sailboat.
(b) Stay with a friend.
(c) Watch TV.
(d) Build some cabinets for the house.
3. What does Paul ask Spenser about red and gray squirrels?
(a) Which ones live around the cabin.
(b) Which ones are meaner.
(c) What the difference is between the two of them.
(d) Which ones are friendlier.
4. What is the first question that the narrator asks the passenger in Chapter 4 after leaving the house?
(a) "Package for Ms. Brooks. She 'ere?"
(b) "Name's Spenser with an S, like the Poet. I'm in the Boston Book. Under Tough. Heard of me?"
(c) "Who would you rather live with, your mother or your father?
(d) "Smart. I like a man who gets out of a marriage gracefully. Don't you?"
5. Who is already there when Spenser arrives at his destination in Chapter 13?
(a) Hawk, Buddy, and Harold.
(b) Paul, Mel, and Buddy.
(c) Mel, Buddy, and Harold.
(d) Susan, Patty, and Paul; Hawk arrives with Spenser.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Patty ask Spenser when he returns from dropping Paul off at school?
2. Where does Spenser catch a ride to in Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 4, what does the passenger say about the narrator's profession?
4. In what city does this story take place?
5. Who is the short, dumpy, barrel-bodied man with the ugly wig and an auburn Dynel ski cap who entered Patty's house?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)