|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book is Spenser reading in Chapter 7?
(a) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(b) A Distant Mirror.
(c) Of Mice and Men.
(d) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
2. On their trip to North Conway in Chapter 16, what does Spenser tell Paul is "against the rules"?
(a) Not learning to be a man.
(b) Speaking badly of another person's beloved.
(c) Running away from home.
(d) Lying to Spenser.
3. Who is the tall man with the boot camp crew-cut and a navy watch cap who entered Patty's house?
4. In Chapter 10, what does Patty do in response to Paul's comments about her thoughts on the reality of modern women?
(a) Looking into her coffee cup, she says nothing,
(b) She knocks over her half-full cup of coffee and its saucer off the table and onto the floor; and leaves the kitchen for her bedroom, slamming the door.
(c) She is quiet for some time, and finally acknowledges that he has a point.
(d) She begins to cry, and runs out of the kitchen and into her bedroom, slamming the door.
5. Who leaves with the narrator in Chapter 3?
(a) Mel Giacomin.
(b) Paul Giacomin.
(c) Elaine Brooks.
(d) Patty Giacomin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is inside the building that the narrator enters in Chapter 3?
2. Who were some of the narrator's new neighbors?
3. In Chapter 10, after Patty freshens up and returns to the breakfast table, she and Spenser have a discussion. What is that discussion about?
4. Who hires the narrator in Chapter 1?
5. When does Paul set out on his journey of self-discovery and growth?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)