|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator accomplish by visiting the woman in Chapter 2?
(a) Knows that the woman now knows that the narrator knows who she is.
(b) Learning what the woman looks like and that she will possibly call the person for whom the narrator is searching.
(c) He knows that the missing gold jewelry is not in the woman's house.
(d) He will now be able to identify the woman so that she can follow her better.
2. In Chapter 4, what does the passenger say about the narrator's profession?
(a) That it is awfully gross.
(b) That it is a rotten occupation.
(c) That it is totally great.
(d) That it is very interesting.
3. In Chapter 11, one of the men says something about Spenser and guns. What is it?
(a) That Spenser has had a bad history with guns, and that he should stay away from them.
(b) That Spenser could not hit the broad side of a barn with a shotgun full of bird shot.
(c) That Spenser never carries a gun.
(d) That Spenser never was a shooter, and that is what is wrong with him.
4. Who is the narrator?
(a) Paul Warsol.
(b) Patty and Susan.
(c) Hawkeye Anderson.
(d) Mr. Spenser.
5. Why does Spenser not want a personal relationship with Patty?
(a) Because it would be unprofessional and harm his professional reputation.
(b) Because he is in love with Susan, and because he believes that Paul would think less of him if he were to get involved with Patty.
(c) Because he does not find her attractive.
(d) Because he does not like mixing personal issues with business matters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan think about the idea of Paul being away from his parents and learning self-reliance?
2. In Chapter 2, who is the narrator staking out and trying to find?
3. What is Paul's answer when Spenser asks him whether there is any place that he has always wanted to go, that no one would take him, that he was afraid to ask?
4. Who is the tall man with the boot camp crew-cut and a navy watch cap who entered Patty's house?
5. In Chapter 10, Spenser says that he did not mind Patty's idea of fancy cooking; but that there was something that he did mind. What was it?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)