|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susan think about the idea of Paul being away from his parents and learning self-reliance?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is skeptical.
(c) She is hopeful.
(d) She is positive.
2. Where does Spenser catch a ride to in Chapter 13?
(a) Susan's house in Smithfield.
(b) Spenser's apartment in Boston.
(c) Patty's house in Lexington.
(d) Mel's house in Andover.
3. What does Spenser tell Paul about fighting in a "regular" fight?
(a) That the strongest fighter always wins.
(b) That the smartest fighter always wins.
(c) That anybody can beat anybody in a fight without rules.
(d) That fighting is only for the strong-willed.
4. In Chapter 10, after Patty freshens up and returns to the breakfast table, she and Spenser have a discussion. What is that discussion about?
(a) About Patty acting out her need for companionship.
(b) About what the next stage of their plan for Paul should be.
(c) About whether they should go to the police about the attempted kidnapping.
(d) About how they should handle Mel.
5. Which of the following projects does Spenser think will teach Paul to become independent and self-reliant?
(a) Building a house on Susan's property in Fryeburg, Maine.
(b) Moving out by himself.
(c) Going camping for a month in the wilds of the Maine woods.
(d) Growing his own food and living in a cabin in the Maine woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the group decide to have for dinner in Chapter 13?
2. What happens to the Giacomin house two days following the argument about the role of the modern women?
3. In Chapter 9, what do Paul and Spenser decide to do for dessert?
4. In Chapter 8, how long was the time period that Spenser was gone following breakfast?
5. Who is the tall man with the boot camp crew-cut and a navy watch cap who entered Patty's house?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)