* Chapter 1:
* The narrator, Spenser, is a private detective in Boston.
* Spenser is hired by Patty Giacomin to find her missing son, Paul.
* Patty believes that her ex-husband, Mel, has kidnapped Paul.
* Chapter 2:
* Spenser begins looking for Paul by locating Mel's girlfriend, Elaine Brooks.
* Spenser sits outside of Elaine's house hoping to see her, Mel, or Paul.
* Spenser gets tired of waiting and rings Elaine's doorbell to find out whether she is home; she is.
* Spenser buys a fancy bucket and poses as a cabbie delivering the gift from Mel; Spenser hopes that this will make her and Mel get together so that he can find Paul.
* Chapter 3:
* Elaine leads Spenser to Mel.
* Spenser finds that Paul is with Mel at his house.
* Chapter 4:
* Spenser takes Paul back home to his mother.
* On the way to Patty's house, Spenser tries to find out who Paul would like...
This section contains 2,100 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)