|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guern ask in return for leading them through the bog?
2. What did Esca loose near where he hid the Eagle?
3. Who is doing the answer in question 123?
4. How far are they from Hadrian's Wall when they realize the tribesmen will come for them?
5. Where does Hadrian's wall run?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Liathan accuses Marcus of deceiving the Epidaii how does Marcus respond?
2. What do Marcus and Esca do about their military horses while running from the tribe?
3. What does the Legate say about the Ninth Legion and what to do with the Eagle?
4. How does Marcus figure out who Guern might be?
5. What is the rite of manhood and how do the Epidaii celebrate it?
6. Why did Guern say he finally left the legion?
7. How are Marcus and Esca disguised and what do they look like?
8. Why do you think the Eagle is so important to both Rome and the Epidaii?
9. What does Esca suggest when it looks like they are going to be caught again, by the tribe?
10. How does Marcus feel about Guern?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While Marcus, Esca and Cub struggle against aggressive and violent natures, Cottia has tender sensibilities and can barely stand to witness the gladiator contests. This portrait of frail, sensitive womanhood as the bearer of family morals and the sole civilizing influence is a distinctive feature of the 1950s, when The Eagle of the Ninth was published.
How are the views in modern America concerning women different? How are they similar?
Essay Topic 2
Write a brief essay on how you would feel about the soldiers occupying your country. Would you be friends with them? Why or why not? Would you allow their doctors to treat you or your family? Would you enroll in their military? Would you join a resistance? Marry a citizen of that country?
Essay Topic 3
Marcus learns that loyalty to Rome and to the Legion is important, but so is loyalty to your friends and family. What do you believe is more important loyalty to family or friends? Why? What about country? Would you turn in a family member who committed a crime? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)