|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcus plant to replant in the future?
2. What will Marcus win if he is successful?
3. What will happen to the gladiator whose life Marcus saved?
4. Who takes him on the answer to question #15?
5. How does Marcus feel towards the Tribune?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Marcus and Cottia get along? What might they have in common?
2. What does the Legate think happened to the Ninth Legion's Eagle and what does he fear?
3. What does the war spear in Chapter two mean to the story?
4. Describe what Marcus saw at the circus in the fight between the "fisher" and another man.
5. What does Esca show Marcus do illustrate the difference between Rome and Britain?
6. How does Marcus show his concern for his men?
7. Describe Cottia and how Marcus meets her.
8. What does Marcus learn from Esca about Esca's family?
9. Write about the argument Esca and Marcus have about Rome and Britain.
10. Describe Marcus Flavius Aquila.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would you relate the United States in Iraq and Afghanistan to Rome occupying Britain?
Essay Topic 2
Students will write a persuasive essay on whether Rome's invasion and occupation of Rome Britain made conditions better or worse in that country.
Essay Topic 3
What do you see are the differences and similarities between Marcus and Esca? Discuss their values, personalities, approaches to problems and values.
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)