Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the item in question 82 have on it?
2. What did Esca's father do before he was enslaved?
3. What cohort did the leader's father command?
4. What does he tell Marcus when asked about the answer in question 20?
5. What was the Greek net man called by the crowds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Marcus's uncle and Marcus's relationship to him.
2. What does the Legate say about the Ninth Legion and what to do with the Eagle?
3. Write about the argument Esca and Marcus have about Rome and Britain.
4. Describe what Marcus saw at the circus in the fight between the "fisher" and another man.
5. How does Marcus feel about his life on the eve of his surgery?
6. What does Quintus Hilarion, the Pilus Prior Centurion tell Marcus, who is replacing him?
7. When Liathan accuses Marcus of deceiving the Epidaii how does Marcus respond?
8. What does the old man tell Marcus about the Eagle?
9. What does Esca show Marcus do illustrate the difference between Rome and Britain?
10. What does Esca demonstrate by staying with Marcus and helping to search for the Eagle?
Just as Esca and Cub are loyal to Marcus, the Centurion is loyal to the Legion and to the memory of his father. Marcus is almost certain that the Hispana under his father's leadership would have fought bravely. He longs to avenge his father's honor and learn the circumstances of the deadly ambush that must surely have felled such a powerful force so far from home.
Write a short essay about one of your parents or an adult relative or friend that you admire. Do you think you will have similar values when you are an adult? What do you admire about this person? What do they do that makes you see them as special?
Students will write a persuasive essay on whether Rome's invasion and occupation of Rome Britain made conditions better or worse in that country.
Describe from beginning to end, as Guern related it, what happened to the Ninth Legion. Include your opinion on: Who was responsible? Who commanded it? What was the ultimate fate?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)