Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the item in question 82 have on it?
2. What did Esca's father do before he was enslaved?
3. What cohort did the leader's father command?
4. What does he tell Marcus when asked about the answer in question 20?
5. What was the Greek net man called by the crowds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Marcus's uncle and Marcus's relationship to him.
2. What does the Legate say about the Ninth Legion and what to do with the Eagle?
3. Write about the argument Esca and Marcus have about Rome and Britain.
4. Describe what Marcus saw at the circus in the fight between the "fisher" and another man.
5. How does Marcus feel about his life on the eve of his surgery?
6. What does Quintus Hilarion, the Pilus Prior Centurion tell Marcus, who is replacing him?
7. When Liathan accuses Marcus of deceiving the Epidaii how does Marcus respond?
8. What does the old man tell Marcus about the Eagle?
9. What does Esca show Marcus do illustrate the difference between Rome and Britain?
10. What does Esca demonstrate by staying with Marcus and helping to search for the Eagle?
In Greek mythology, once someone has drunk the waters of Lethe, there is no going back. In an example of the Roman appropriation of Greek symbols of power and empire, both men are familiar with the River Lethe in Greek mythology. Lethe is the river of Hades. Anyone who drinks of it is granted immediate forgetfulness and concealment from their enemies.
Can you think of any time in your life you'd would have drunk the water of Lethe? Explain. Is having no memories of the past better in some instances?
What is the rite of manhood and how might it symbolize Marcus's struggle in his life?
Students will write a persuasive essay on whether Rome's invasion and occupation of Rome Britain made conditions better or worse in that country.
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)