Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the item in question 82 have on it?
2. What did Esca's father do before he was enslaved?
3. What cohort did the leader's father command?
4. What does he tell Marcus when asked about the answer in question 20?
5. What was the Greek net man called by the crowds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Marcus's uncle and Marcus's relationship to him.
2. What does the Legate say about the Ninth Legion and what to do with the Eagle?
3. Write about the argument Esca and Marcus have about Rome and Britain.
4. Describe what Marcus saw at the circus in the fight between the "fisher" and another man.
5. How does Marcus feel about his life on the eve of his surgery?
6. What does Quintus Hilarion, the Pilus Prior Centurion tell Marcus, who is replacing him?
7. When Liathan accuses Marcus of deceiving the Epidaii how does Marcus respond?
8. What does the old man tell Marcus about the Eagle?
9. What does Esca show Marcus do illustrate the difference between Rome and Britain?
10. What does Esca demonstrate by staying with Marcus and helping to search for the Eagle?
Essay Topic 1
How would you relate the United States in Iraq and Afghanistan to Rome occupying Britain?
Essay Topic 2
Describe from beginning to end, as Guern related it, what happened to the Ninth Legion. Include your opinion on: Who was responsible? Who commanded it? What was the ultimate fate?
Essay Topic 3
On the eve of Marcus's surgery, Marcus is grateful for the friendship of Esca, Cottia and Cub. With no money and no job, Marcus is still worried about finding his way in the world, but he realizes that he is no longer lonely. Esca's friendship with Marcus is deepening, evidenced when he is more concerned about the surgery than the unconscious Marcus is, and he insists on personally caring for his master.
How has friendship helped you through a rough time in your life? What do you think is the reason?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)