|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Legate say about the Ninth Legion?
(a) It will be reformed
(b) It will be honored in Rome
(c) It will receive another laurel
(d) It is too disgraced to ever be reformed
2. What does Marcus do when they leave Guern?
(a) He salutes him and calls him Centurion
(b) He tells him he'll name his son Guern
(c) He hugs him and calls him brother
(d) He promises gold to be sent
3. Why does Guern think so much bad happened to the Ninth Legion?
(a) The Druids cursed them
(b) They were a rag tag unit
(c) The Queen of the Iceni, Boudicca cursed the Legion
(d) Their Tribune was incompetent
4. What did the tribe call the Roman soldiers?
(a) Red Crests
(b) Evil invaders
(c) Yellow bellies
(d) Brown warriors
5. What does the Chieftain tell Marcus about his people?
(a) They wander throughout the north
(b) They are the Seal People, the keepers of the Holy Place
(c) They like the Romans
(d) They bear the wolf totem
Short Answer Questions
1. What Chieftain asks them to his home?
2. How does Guern help Marcus and Esca?
3. What clues Marcus in to Guern's identity?
4. After Marcus and Esca leave Guern, for what place do they search?
5. What happened to the Eagle of the Ninth Legion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the rite of manhood and how do the Epidaii celebrate it?
2. How does Marcus feel about Guern?
3. What does the Legate say about the Ninth Legion and what to do with the Eagle?
4. What does the old man tell Marcus about the Eagle?
5. What does Guern do to help Marcus and Esca when they're running from the tribes?
6. What does Esca demonstrate by staying with Marcus and helping to search for the Eagle?
7. How are Marcus and Esca disguised and what do they look like?
8. How does Marcus figure out who Guern might be?
9. What happened at the beginning of the fall of the Ninth legion?
10. What does Esca suggest when it looks like they are going to be caught again, by the tribe?
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)