|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esca say he traded a black piglet for in Chapter 17?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) A horse.
(d) A cloak.
2. What more than anything else is said to bring a woman the envy of her neighbors in Chapter 13?
(a) A rickshaw.
(b) A gold ring.
(c) A bronze cauldron.
(d) A wheeled wagon.
3. How many warriors from the tribe chase down Marcus and Esca after they have left in Chapter 16?
4. Where does Esca sell his and Marcus's horses in Chapter 17?
5. How many lives were lost in the recovering of the "winged god" (196), according to the Chieftan's grandfather in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Chieftan's maternal grandfather in Chapter 14?
2. How are the Legionaries in Marcus's dream described in Chapter 12?
3. The Wall in the North is described as spanning from Luguvallium to where in Chapter 11?
4. How long is the Wall that is described in Chapter 11?
5. Where does Marcus get hit by a probing spear in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and where is the Roman Eagle revealed in Chapter 14?
2. How is the ring described that Tradui displays in Chapter 15?
3. What does Liathan give to Esca in Chapter 19?
4. Who is Boudicca and why does Guern mention her in Chapter 13?
5. How does Guern help Marcus and Esca in Chapter 18?
6. How does Guern greet Marcus and Esca in Chapter 18?
7. How is Guern's appearance described when he is introduced?
8. Where is Valentia? How large was this province of Roman Britain?
9. What costumes do Marcus and Esca wear as they set out on their mission?
10. How do Marcus and Esca evade their pursuers in Chapter 17?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)