|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man say about Marcus's father?
(a) He flung the Eagle down and ran
(b) He was the last soldier to bear the Eagle
(c) He was wounded but didn't die then
(d) He killed the old man's brother
2. How do Marcus and Esca elude the riders?
(a) By slipping into a glen on foot while sending their ponies on
(b) By leaping off a cliff into the water
(c) By hiding in a cave
(d) By climbing a tree
3. How do they elude the dogs?
(a) They leave some clothing in a out of the way spot
(b) They slip into a river
(c) They make a skunk spray
(d) They put wild lavender on their trail
4. What Chieftain asks them to his home?
(a) An Epidaii Chieftain named Dergdian
(b) AThe Chief of the Taula tribe
(c) The Chief of the Painted People
(d) The Chief of the Icni
5. What does Marcus build while they are resting at noon on their first day past the wall?
(a) A tall staff
(b) A small altar to Mithras
(c) A lean-to
(d) A temple to Artemis
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Cub so thin?
2. What clues Marcus in to Guern's identity?
3. Three days after buying new horses what do Marcus and Esca see?
4. What did Esca loose near where he hid the Eagle?
5. Who is in charge of the fort at Borcovicus where Marcus and Esca come to the wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Liathan accuses Marcus of deceiving the Epidaii how does Marcus respond?
2. Why do you think the Eagle is so important to both Rome and the Epidaii?
3. Why did Guern say he finally left the legion?
4. What happened at the beginning of the fall of the Ninth legion?
5. What does Esca demonstrate by staying with Marcus and helping to search for the Eagle?
6. How does Marcus feel about Guern?
7. How are Marcus and Esca disguised and what do they look like?
8. What did Liathan give Marcus and why?
9. What happens to Marcus and Esca when the tribesmen catch them after they leave, having stolen the Eagle?
10. What is the rite of manhood and how do the Epidaii celebrate it?
This section contains 1,172 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)