|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esca replace his and Marcus's horses with in Chapter 17?
(a) Sled dogs.
(b) A donkey.
(d) A chariot.
2. What is the name of Marcus's mare that he takes on his mission?
3. What is the only weapon of the tribesmen's that Marcus takes with him in Chapter 19?
(a) A shield.
(b) A sword.
(c) A spear.
(d) A dagger.
4. How long is the Wall that is described in Chapter 11?
(a) 50 miles.
(b) 200 miles.
(c) 20 miles.
(d) 80 miles.
5. What are Marcus and Esca upset that they lost near the water in Chapter 16?
(a) The Eagle.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A signet ring.
(d) A ring-brooch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago does Guern say it was when the men of the Legion carried out the Procurator's order to dispossess the Queen of the Iceni?
2. Who do not dance at the Feast of the New Spears in Chapter 15?
3. How many lives were lost in the recovering of the "winged god" (196), according to the Chieftan's grandfather in Chapter 15?
4. Where do Marcus and Esca drop off their horses upon arriving home in Calleva?
5. How many warriors from the tribe chase down Marcus and Esca after they have left in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Boudicca and why does Guern mention her in Chapter 13?
2. Why does Marcus create an altar in Chapter 11?
3. What does Liathan give to Esca in Chapter 19?
4. What is the significance of the bronze ring-brooch in the novel?
5. How do Marcus and Esca evade their pursuers in Chapter 17?
6. How does Guern greet Marcus and Esca in Chapter 18?
7. How does Guern help Marcus and Esca in Chapter 18?
8. What ruse does Esca suggest in Chapter 16? How does Marcus respond?
9. What did Guern do after abandoning the Ninth Legion?
10. How and where is the Roman Eagle revealed in Chapter 14?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)