|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcus show Guern to get him to confess?
(a) His own brand of Mithras
(b) His torn leg
(c) His hands
(d) His chin strap scar
2. What does Esca buy for transportation?
(a) A chariot
(b) Two shaggy local ponies
(c) A horse and cart
(d) Two war horses
3. Where does Hadrian's wall run?
(a) From north to south Britain
(b) From Luguvallium to Segedunum, bisecting the country
(c) From Rome to Britain
(d) There is no Hadrian's wall
4. Where did Cottia go?
(a) Back to her mother's house
(b) To northern Britain
(c) To the spa at Aquae Sulis
(d) To Rome
5. What does Marcus build while they are resting at noon on their first day past the wall?
(a) A small altar to Mithras
(b) A tall staff
(c) A temple to Artemis
(d) A lean-to
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marcus and Esca generally eat for noon break?
2. What does Liathan give to Marcus?
3. How do the tribesmen know they are in the tower?
4. What does the old man say about Marcus's father?
5. What does the old warrior say about Marcus and the last Eagle bearer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Esca particularly valuable to the two for selling the horses and how does Marcus use that?
2. What does the old man tell Marcus about the Eagle?
3. What does Guern do to help Marcus and Esca when they're running from the tribes?
4. When Liathan accuses Marcus of deceiving the Epidaii how does Marcus respond?
5. How does Marcus figure out who Guern might be?
6. What might be the symbolism of Cub's not eating in relationship to Marcus and Esca?
7. How are Marcus and Esca disguised and what do they look like?
8. What does Esca demonstrate by staying with Marcus and helping to search for the Eagle?
9. Why did Guern say he finally left the legion?
10. What does Marcus urge Guern to do and why does he say no?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)