|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Three days after buying new horses what do Marcus and Esca see?
(a) The wall
(b) Riders with hounds behind them
(c) Esca's remaining tribal people
(d) A Roman legion come to rescue them
2. What does Guern ask in return for leading them through the bog?
(a) To see the Eagle one last time
(b) To clear his name as a deserter
(c) To help the son he left in Rome
(d) To carry a letter to his first wife
3. For what purpose is the festival Marcus and Esca attend?
(a) For a Chieftain wedding
(b) For the new moon
(c) For the boys being initiated into manhood
(d) For the deer hunt coming up
4. What does Esca buy for transportation?
(a) Two shaggy local ponies
(b) A horse and cart
(c) Two war horses
(d) A chariot
5. What does the item in question 143 look like?
(a) It was silver with a black stone
(b) It has a large, flawed emerald and a dolphin badge
(c) It was a plain gold band with an inscription
(d) It was gold with a silver crest in the middle
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the tribe call the Roman soldiers?
2. What does the Chieftain tell Marcus about his people?
3. Who do they meet up with when they come out of the river?
4. Why does the Chieftain invite Marcus and Esca to his home?
5. That summer what area do Marcus and Esca crisscross?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)