|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is doing the answer in question 123?
(a) A black bird
(b) A northern tribesman
(c) Guern the Hunter
(d) Esca's brother, who has found him
2. How do Marcus and Esca elude the riders?
(a) By hiding in a cave
(b) By climbing a tree
(c) By leaping off a cliff into the water
(d) By slipping into a glen on foot while sending their ponies on
3. What do Marcus and Esca do that night after everyone goes to sleep?
(a) They kill everyone in the village
(b) They leave
(c) They destroy the Holy Place
(d) They steal the Eagle
4. What does the Legate say about the Ninth Legion?
(a) It will be honored in Rome
(b) It will receive another laurel
(c) It will be reformed
(d) It is too disgraced to ever be reformed
5. What does Marcus do when they leave Guern?
(a) He hugs him and calls him brother
(b) He tells him he'll name his son Guern
(c) He promises gold to be sent
(d) He salutes him and calls him Centurion
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the tribesmen know they are in the tower?
2. What do Marcus and Esca generally eat for noon break?
3. When three tribesmen enter the tower, what do Marcus and Esca do?
4. What does the old man say about Marcus's father?
5. In Chapter 17, why did Esca sell their horses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Esca demonstrate by staying with Marcus and helping to search for the Eagle?
2. What did Liathan give Marcus and why?
3. What happened at the beginning of the fall of the Ninth legion?
4. How are Marcus and Esca disguised and what do they look like?
5. Why do you think the Eagle is so important to both Rome and the Epidaii?
6. What might be the symbolism of Cub's not eating in relationship to Marcus and Esca?
7. What does Guern do to help Marcus and Esca when they're running from the tribes?
8. What does the old man tell Marcus about the Eagle?
9. Why did Marcus and Esca hope to find the holy place? Who accidentally helped them and why?
10. What does Marcus urge Guern to do and why does he say no?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)