|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Cottia go?
(a) To Rome
(b) To the spa at Aquae Sulis
(c) Back to her mother's house
(d) To northern Britain
2. What happened to the Ninth legion, in the end?
(a) They fled to Germany
(b) The tribes hunted the Legion all the way south
(c) They dispersed throughout Britain
(d) They returned to Rome
3. What does the old man say about Marcus's father?
(a) He was the last soldier to bear the Eagle
(b) He killed the old man's brother
(c) He flung the Eagle down and ran
(d) He was wounded but didn't die then
4. Who do they meet up with when they come out of the river?
(a) No one
(b) A Roman cohort
(d) More tribal people
5. In Chapter 17, why did Esca sell their horses?
(a) They are too easily identified
(b) It was close enough to the wall to walk
(c) Their wind was broken
(d) They ate too much
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the item in question 143 look like?
2. When do Marcus and Esca return to Calleva?
3. What does the answer in question 127 mean as far as Guern is concerned?
4. How do Marcus and Esca elude the riders?
5. How do the tribesmen know they are in the tower?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marcus figure out who Guern might be?
2. Why do you think the Eagle is so important to both Rome and the Epidaii?
3. When Liathan accuses Marcus of deceiving the Epidaii how does Marcus respond?
4. Why is Esca particularly valuable to the two for selling the horses and how does Marcus use that?
5. What does Guern do to help Marcus and Esca when they're running from the tribes?
6. What happens to Marcus and Esca when the tribesmen catch them after they leave, having stolen the Eagle?
7. Why did Guern say he finally left the legion?
8. What does the old man tell Marcus about the Eagle?
9. What does Esca suggest when it looks like they are going to be caught again, by the tribe?
10. What happened at the beginning of the fall of the Ninth legion?
This section contains 1,118 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)