|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do they elude the dogs?
(a) They slip into a river
(b) They make a skunk spray
(c) They put wild lavender on their trail
(d) They leave some clothing in a out of the way spot
2. What happened to the Ninth legion, in the end?
(a) They returned to Rome
(b) They fled to Germany
(c) They dispersed throughout Britain
(d) The tribes hunted the Legion all the way south
3. What does Marcus do when they leave Guern?
(a) He promises gold to be sent
(b) He salutes him and calls him Centurion
(c) He hugs him and calls him brother
(d) He tells him he'll name his son Guern
4. How do the tribesmen know they are in the tower?
(a) They drop a spear out the window
(b) A tribe member saw them go in it
(c) The hounds smell them
(d) They startle a raven and the bird takes flight
5. Three days after buying new horses what do Marcus and Esca see?
(a) The wall
(b) A Roman legion come to rescue them
(c) Esca's remaining tribal people
(d) Riders with hounds behind them
Short Answer Questions
1. In the morning near Trinomontium what do they hear?
2. What do they see near Trinomontium?
3. How does Guern help Marcus and Esca?
4. Why does Guern think so much bad happened to the Ninth Legion?
5. How does Guern feel about the Eagle being stolen back from the tribes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might be the symbolism of Cub's not eating in relationship to Marcus and Esca?
2. What does Guern do to help Marcus and Esca when they're running from the tribes?
3. What does Marcus urge Guern to do and why does he say no?
4. When Liathan accuses Marcus of deceiving the Epidaii how does Marcus respond?
5. What do Marcus and Esca do about their military horses while running from the tribe?
6. What does the Legate say about the Ninth Legion and what to do with the Eagle?
7. What happens to Marcus and Esca when the tribesmen catch them after they leave, having stolen the Eagle?
8. Why did Marcus and Esca hope to find the holy place? Who accidentally helped them and why?
9. Why is Esca particularly valuable to the two for selling the horses and how does Marcus use that?
10. How does Marcus figure out who Guern might be?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)