|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That summer what area do Marcus and Esca crisscross?
(a) The Province of Stutta
(b) The Province of Yaka
(c) The villages along the Yaka River
(d) The Province of Valentia
2. How far are they from Hadrian's Wall when they realize the tribesmen will come for them?
(a) Five days hard riding
(b) Two days of fast running
(c) A week of hard riding
(d) It's within sight
3. How does Guern help Marcus and Esca?
(a) He gives them a plant to rub on them that messes up their smell
(b) He takes them in a boat down the river to the wall
(c) He leads them through a haunted forest
(d) He leads the men across a dangerous bog
4. What happened to the Ninth legion, in the end?
(a) The tribes hunted the Legion all the way south
(b) They returned to Rome
(c) They dispersed throughout Britain
(d) They fled to Germany
5. Where does Hadrian's wall run?
(a) From Rome to Britain
(b) From north to south Britain
(c) There is no Hadrian's wall
(d) From Luguvallium to Segedunum, bisecting the country
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marcus and Esca do that night after everyone goes to sleep?
2. What is the result of the answer to question 164?
3. What does the Legate suggest Marcus do with the Eagle?
4. What does Marcus see the last priest of the festival carrying out of the holy place?
5. What does Marcus show Guern to get him to confess?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)