|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the Legionaries in Marcus's dream described in Chapter 12?
2. What is the talisman shaped like that Marcus wears on his forehead in Chapter 11?
(a) An eagle.
(b) An open hand.
(c) A diamond.
(d) A heart.
3. How long is the Wall that is described in Chapter 11?
(a) 200 miles.
(b) 80 miles.
(c) 20 miles.
(d) 50 miles.
4. The Wall in the North is described as spanning from Luguvallium to where in Chapter 11?
5. What is the name of the place that Marcus and Esca are given housing in the village in Chapter 16?
(a) Beppo's chicken shed.
(b) Conn's cow-byre.
(c) Tantus's cellar.
(d) Pilum's barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chieftan's father show Marcus that he took from his greatest battle ever in Chapter 15?
2. Why does Marcus say he and Esca need a place far from the village huts in Chapter 16?
3. Where does Marcus claim to be from when he is talking with the Chieftan's grandfather in Chapter 15?
4. What is the purpose of the red coral bead that is adorned about the neck of the baby in Chapter 13?
5. Who is the Commanding Officer that Marcus has the Optio take him to see in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Cub changed when Marcus returns in Chapter 20?
2. What is the significance of the bronze ring-brooch in the novel?
3. What did Guern do after abandoning the Ninth Legion?
4. How is Guern's appearance described when he is introduced?
5. Why are Marcus and Esca welcomed into the village of Dergdian's people?
6. Who is Boudicca and why does Guern mention her in Chapter 13?
7. How is the ring described that Tradui displays in Chapter 15?
8. How is the character of Dergdian described?
9. How do Marcus and Esca evade their pursuers in Chapter 17?
10. What exchanges does Esca make in Cluta in Chapter 17? Why?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)