|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esca suggest?
(a) That they bury the Eagle and make a run for the wall
(b) That Marcus stays and Esca gets the Eagle to the wall
(c) That Marcus leaves him to deal with the tribesmen
(d) That they take the Chief's son hostage
2. What does the old man say about Marcus's father?
(a) He was wounded but didn't die then
(b) He killed the old man's brother
(c) He flung the Eagle down and ran
(d) He was the last soldier to bear the Eagle
3. When three tribesmen enter the tower, what do Marcus and Esca do?
(a) Kill them
(b) Get captured
(c) Spring a surprise attack
(d) Hide from them
4. What is the purpose of Hadrian's wall?
(a) To keep the northern tribes from invading
(b) To keep back mud slides
(c) To tame the forests
(d) To give travellers a place to rest
5. What does Esca do with the Eagle?
(a) Hides it in a tree
(b) Conceals it in a hollow on the riverbank
(c) Wraps it in a cloak and puts it in the saddlebag
(d) Puts it in some rocks in a ravine
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the tribe call the Roman soldiers?
2. What does the item in question 143 look like?
3. How do the tribesmen know they are in the tower?
4. Where did Cottia go?
5. How far are they from Hadrian's Wall when they realize the tribesmen will come for them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Marcus and Esca do about their military horses while running from the tribe?
2. What did Liathan give Marcus and why?
3. What does the old man tell Marcus about the Eagle?
4. What happens to Marcus and Esca when the tribesmen catch them after they leave, having stolen the Eagle?
5. What might be the symbolism of Cub's not eating in relationship to Marcus and Esca?
6. What is the rite of manhood and how do the Epidaii celebrate it?
7. Why did Marcus and Esca hope to find the holy place? Who accidentally helped them and why?
8. What does Esca demonstrate by staying with Marcus and helping to search for the Eagle?
9. What does Marcus urge Guern to do and why does he say no?
10. How does Marcus feel about Guern?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)