|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Guern help Marcus and Esca?
(a) He leads them through a haunted forest
(b) He leads the men across a dangerous bog
(c) He takes them in a boat down the river to the wall
(d) He gives them a plant to rub on them that messes up their smell
2. What does Esca suggest?
(a) That they take the Chief's son hostage
(b) That they bury the Eagle and make a run for the wall
(c) That Marcus leaves him to deal with the tribesmen
(d) That Marcus stays and Esca gets the Eagle to the wall
3. What does Marcus build while they are resting at noon on their first day past the wall?
(a) A small altar to Mithras
(b) A tall staff
(c) A temple to Artemis
(d) A lean-to
4. What is the tune he begins to sing?
(a) A hymn to Mithras
(b) A boat song for rowing
(c) A song about the Roman Senate
(d) A marching song popular with the legions
5. What does the old man show Marcus?
(a) A Roman short sword
(b) A ring he took from the Legion commander
(c) A Centurion's uniform
(d) The wings of the Eagle
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of the answer to question 164?
2. What does the item in question 143 look like?
3. What did the tribe call the Roman soldiers?
4. Why does the Chieftain invite Marcus and Esca to his home?
5. What happens when the villagers catch up to Marcus and Esca?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)