|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Three days after buying new horses what do Marcus and Esca see?
(a) Riders with hounds behind them
(b) A Roman legion come to rescue them
(c) Esca's remaining tribal people
(d) The wall
2. What does the hunter do after he shares Marcus's camp?
(a) Talks about his wife
(b) Sneaks away
(c) Invites them to his home
(d) Fights with Esca
3. What does Guern ask in return for leading them through the bog?
(a) To see the Eagle one last time
(b) To help the son he left in Rome
(c) To clear his name as a deserter
(d) To carry a letter to his first wife
4. What does the Chieftain tell Marcus about his people?
(a) They bear the wolf totem
(b) They like the Romans
(c) They wander throughout the north
(d) They are the Seal People, the keepers of the Holy Place
5. How does Guern help Marcus and Esca?
(a) He leads the men across a dangerous bog
(b) He takes them in a boat down the river to the wall
(c) He leads them through a haunted forest
(d) He gives them a plant to rub on them that messes up their smell
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the item in question 143 look like?
2. In the morning near Trinomontium what do they hear?
3. What do Marcus and Esca do that night after everyone goes to sleep?
4. What does Liathan give to Marcus?
5. Why does the Chieftain invite Marcus and Esca to his home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Esca particularly valuable to the two for selling the horses and how does Marcus use that?
2. What might be the symbolism of Cub's not eating in relationship to Marcus and Esca?
3. What do Marcus and Esca do about their military horses while running from the tribe?
4. How are Marcus and Esca disguised and what do they look like?
5. What happens to Marcus and Esca when the tribesmen catch them after they leave, having stolen the Eagle?
6. What does the Legate say about the Ninth Legion and what to do with the Eagle?
7. What does the old man tell Marcus about the Eagle?
8. What is the rite of manhood and how do the Epidaii celebrate it?
9. What does Esca suggest when it looks like they are going to be caught again, by the tribe?
10. What does Guern do to help Marcus and Esca when they're running from the tribes?
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)