|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Liathan give Marcus a gift?
(a) To bribe him not to kill him
(b) In gratitude for being alive
(c) The old warrior sent the ring to give to Marcus
(d) To trade for the Eagle
2. What does the Chieftain tell Marcus about his people?
(a) They are the Seal People, the keepers of the Holy Place
(b) They wander throughout the north
(c) They bear the wolf totem
(d) They like the Romans
3. What does the old man show Marcus?
(a) A Roman short sword
(b) A ring he took from the Legion commander
(c) The wings of the Eagle
(d) A Centurion's uniform
4. For what purpose is the festival Marcus and Esca attend?
(a) For the boys being initiated into manhood
(b) For a Chieftain wedding
(c) For the new moon
(d) For the deer hunt coming up
5. What does the Legate say about the Ninth Legion?
(a) It will receive another laurel
(b) It will be honored in Rome
(c) It is too disgraced to ever be reformed
(d) It will be reformed
Short Answer Questions
1. That summer what area do Marcus and Esca crisscross?
2. What did Esca loose near where he hid the Eagle?
3. Who is in charge of the fort at Borcovicus where Marcus and Esca come to the wall?
4. What did the tribe call the Roman soldiers?
5. How do Marcus and Esca get to the wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Liathan give Marcus and why?
2. What does Esca suggest when it looks like they are going to be caught again, by the tribe?
3. What does Esca demonstrate by staying with Marcus and helping to search for the Eagle?
4. What does the Legate say about the Ninth Legion and what to do with the Eagle?
5. What does Guern do to help Marcus and Esca when they're running from the tribes?
6. Why did Marcus and Esca hope to find the holy place? Who accidentally helped them and why?
7. How does Marcus figure out who Guern might be?
8. What might be the symbolism of Cub's not eating in relationship to Marcus and Esca?
9. How are Marcus and Esca disguised and what do they look like?
10. What is the rite of manhood and how do the Epidaii celebrate it?
This section contains 1,118 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)