|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marcus awarded for bravery?
(a) Two horses
(b) A gold military bracelet
(c) A silver leaf necklace
(d) A gold striped toga
2. What does Esca say to Marcus's assertion about the good Rome has done for Britain?
(a) That Rome should have stayed home
(b) There was no good
(c) That Rome was a bully
(d) That the price has been too high
3. Of what is Cottia most proud?
(a) That she can ride any horse
(b) That she can sew clothes
(c) That she knows how to hunt
(d) Her Iceni heritage
4. Who does the uncle talk to about Marcus's leg?
(a) A tribal medicine woman
(b) A physician from Rome
(c) The surgeon from the second legion
(d) An old friend, Rufus Galarius
5. Who catches Marcus's eye sitting at the games?
(a) A young red-haired British girl
(b) The wolves who are fighting
(c) A blond, Roman lady
(d) A centurion he knew in Rome
Short Answer Questions
1. What is his worry concerning the Eagle in Celtic hands?
2. How old is the unit of marchers?
3. What kind of game does Marcus and his uncle play?
4. How long has it been, when his uncle calls another surgeon, since Marcus was injured?
5. What's the name of Marcus's wolf?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marcus show his concern for his men?
2. What does Marcus consider his true home and why?
3. Why did Cradoc and Marcus make a wager and what was the result?
4. What does Esca show Marcus do illustrate the difference between Rome and Britain?
5. Describe Cottia and how Marcus meets her.
6. What does Marcus learn from Esca about Esca's family?
7. How do Romans place seasoned and new soldiers in formation?
8. What does the physician say about Marcus's injuries and how does Marcus feel about his time at his uncle's?
9. Write about the argument Esca and Marcus have about Rome and Britain.
10. What does Quintus Hilarion, the Pilus Prior Centurion tell Marcus, who is replacing him?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)