|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the cohort?
(a) Centurion Marcus Flavius Aquila
(b) Legate Dominon Tulla
(c) No one
(d) Cohort second Pontia
2. What kind of wager does Marcus and the answer to question #16 make?
(a) That Cradoc can't beat Marcus in a sword fight
(b) That Marcus can't kill a boar with just him sword
(c) That Marcus cannot drive the spirited quartet of Cradoc's chariot
(d) That Marcus can't break this black stallion
3. What cohort did the leader's father command?
(a) Fifth Regiment
(b) Ninth Legion
(c) First Calvary
(d) Tenth Cohort
4. What does Marcus say Rome has brought to Britain?
(b) Trade and money
(c) Peace and properity
(d) Order, justice and good roads
5. Where did the patrol that Marcus was trying to rescue go?
(a) Ran to the chariots to help Marcus
(b) It was able to rush inside the fortress
(c) It stayed in the middle of the fighting until they were all killed
(d) Into the forest
Short Answer Questions
1. Who planted the answer to question #13 and why?
2. In Chapter 3 noise is heard outside the walls of the Roman legion outpost. What was the noise?
3. What happened to Cradoc?
4. Where do Marcus and his uncle go for entertainment?
5. What kind of game does Marcus and his uncle play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Esca particularly valuable to the two for selling the horses and how does Marcus use that?
2. What does the Legate say about the Ninth Legion and what to do with the Eagle?
3. How does Marcus show his concern for his men?
4. What did Marcus's attack do for the Roman legion?
5. What might be the symbolism of Cub's not eating in relationship to Marcus and Esca?
6. What concerns Marcus's uncle about his leg and what does he do?
7. What does the Legate think happened to the Ninth Legion's Eagle and what does he fear?
8. How might Cub's return be symbolic of Marcus's life?
9. Why do you think Marcus and Cottia get along? What might they have in common?
10. What do Marcus and Esca do about their military horses while running from the tribe?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)