|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Galarius's former position with Rome?
(a) The senate's physician
(b) A provincial doctor
(c) The emperor's personal surgeon
(d) Surgeon with the Second Legion
2. What does Marcus's uncle do about his request in question 87?
(a) Tells Marcus he will next year
(b) Tells Marcus to do it himself
(c) Reluctantly complies
(d) Says no way
3. What does Galarius do about Marcus's leg?
(a) Wraps it in hot compresses
(b) Puts it in another splint
(c) Performs surgery to remove wood splinters still in it
(d) Says he has to amputate
4. What was the Greek net man called by the crowds?
(c) The fisher
5. What does Marcus say Rome has brought to Britain?
(b) Peace and properity
(c) Order, justice and good roads
(d) Trade and money
Short Answer Questions
1. When Marcus's uncle asks him about pain in his leg what does Marcus say?
2. Who catches Marcus's eye sitting at the games?
3. With whom does Cottia live?
4. How has the village been punished?
5. What did Marcus's uncle do before he retired?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Claudius Hieronimianus and who does he bring to dinner with him?
2. Describe how Marcus fares after his heroic attack on the chariot.
3. How does Marcus feel about his life on the eve of his surgery?
4. What does Marcus learn from Esca about Esca's family?
5. Describe Marcus's uncle and Marcus's relationship to him.
6. Describe Marcus Flavius Aquila.
7. What does the war spear in Chapter two mean to the story?
8. What does the physician say about Marcus's injuries and how does Marcus feel about his time at his uncle's?
9. Describe the local population's relationship with Rome.
10. How does Rome award the Second Legion and Marcus?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)