|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the activities Marcus does when not drilling with the troops?
(a) Reading novels
(b) Driving wagons
(c) Playing dice
(d) He goes on hunts
2. What was Cottia's father?
(a) A horse breeder of the Iceni
(b) A hunter of wild bear
(c) A warrior of the northern tribe
(d) A tribal chieftain
3. Who comes into the house after the Legate and the Tribune?
(a) No one else comes in the house
(b) Cub returns from the forest
(c) Cottia comes from next door
(d) A house servant reports a horse is lost
4. What is the insignia of the second legion?
(a) Two hawks in flight
(b) The Capricorn
(c) A lion
(d) A jumping horse
5. What does the item in question 82 have on it?
(a) A ship and anchor
(b) A Druid symbol
(c) A pattern that flows like wind and stars
(d) Two wolves
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marcus see in the garden when playing with the wolf cub?
2. Who does Marcus see approaching the fort?
3. Where does Cradoc live?
4. What does the doctor tell Marcus about his injuries?
5. How many other cohorts has the leader in question #5 lead?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Cradoc and Marcus make a wager and what was the result?
2. Describe what happens when Marcus sees the patrol coming back to the outpost.
3. Describe Cottia and how Marcus meets her.
4. What does the war spear in Chapter two mean to the story?
5. What does the Legate say about the Ninth Legion and what to do with the Eagle?
6. What does Marcus urge Guern to do and why does he say no?
7. What has happened to Marcus's family?
8. What does Rome do about Esca and Marcus retrieving the Eagle?
9. What concerns Marcus's uncle about his leg and what does he do?
10. Write about the argument Esca and Marcus have about Rome and Britain.
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)