|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marcus awarded for bravery?
(a) A gold military bracelet
(b) Two horses
(c) A silver leaf necklace
(d) A gold striped toga
2. What does the item in question 82 have on it?
(a) A pattern that flows like wind and stars
(b) A ship and anchor
(c) A Druid symbol
(d) Two wolves
3. What does Marcus say Rome has brought to Britain?
(b) Trade and money
(c) Peace and properity
(d) Order, justice and good roads
4. How has the village been punished?
(a) The women were sold into slavery
(b) The tribe was exiled to the north
(c) All the males over 13 were killed
(d) The huts are destroyed, and the fields are salted
5. What does Marcus notice about the item in question #20?
(a) It is painted black with white stripes
(b) The spear is shorter than the one Marcus takes
(c) It has a bow in it
(d) The heron's feathers decorating the spear are new
Short Answer Questions
1. When talking about his childhood what does Esca reveal to Marcus about Rome?
2. Who insulted Esca at the hunt?
3. Besides the spear wound what else is wrong with Marcus?
4. What happens to Marcus in the military?
5. What was Esca's father's position in the tribe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rome do about Esca and Marcus retrieving the Eagle?
2. Why is Esca particularly valuable to the two for selling the horses and how does Marcus use that?
3. What does the physician say about Marcus's injuries and how does Marcus feel about his time at his uncle's?
4. How is the rebelling village punished and how does Marcus feel about the village?
5. How does Cottia react to Marcus's upcoming surgery and how does Esca react once it's over?
6. What did Liathan give Marcus and why?
7. How are Marcus and Esca disguised and what do they look like?
8. What has happened to Marcus's family?
9. What does Marcus learn from Esca about Esca's family?
10. What is Placidus's attitude at dinner that night?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)