|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the uncle know this man?
(a) They met in the circus
(b) He was a former comrade at arms
(c) He met him in the Senate
(d) They lived next door to each other in Rome
2. When does Marcus believe the gods show themselves?
(a) During a comet
(b) On full moons
(c) When the water rises in the delta
(d) In new moons, seed-time, harvest and solstice
3. What does Marcus think about the men of the village who were killed?
(a) All eternity will not bring back the young men
(b) It was their fault for fighting
(c) That they were stupid
(d) That they were brave
4. Where do Marcus and his uncle go for entertainment?
(a) The Saturnalia Games
(b) To Rome
(c) To the ocean
(d) To hike the mountains
5. What did Esca's father do before he was enslaved?
(a) A cook
(b) A hunter
(c) A foot soldier
(d) A charioteer
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the rescuers form when they reach the answer in question #32?
2. What will Marcus win if he is successful?
3. How long was Marcus semi-conscious after being injured?
4. What seems to rouse the local villagers and hunters to rebellion?
5. What is his worry concerning the Eagle in Celtic hands?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rome award the Second Legion and Marcus?
2. How do Romans place seasoned and new soldiers in formation?
3. What interests Marcus about Esca's recollection from childhood about Roman soldiers?
4. Describe a testudo and what it does.
5. How does Marcus show his concern for his men?
6. How does Cottia react to Marcus's upcoming surgery and how does Esca react once it's over?
7. Describe Marcus's uncle and Marcus's relationship to him.
8. What does Esca show Marcus do illustrate the difference between Rome and Britain?
9. Describe the relationship between Marcus and Cradoc.
10. Who is Claudius Hieronimianus and who does he bring to dinner with him?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)