|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides the spear wound what else is wrong with Marcus?
(a) His right thigh is shattered
(b) He has a fractured skull
(c) He has a broken nose
(d) His kidneys are destroyed
2. What does Marcus think he might have to do for work?
(a) Become a stage actor
(b) Train dogs
(c) Writing poetry
(d) A rich man's secretary
3. Who takes him on the answer to question #15?
(a) A Druid woodsman
(b) A Briton guide named Cradoc
(c) He goes with his cohort
(d) One of the men under him
4. What does Marcus's uncle do about his request in question 87?
(a) Reluctantly complies
(b) Says no way
(c) Tells Marcus to do it himself
(d) Tells Marcus he will next year
5. How many other cohorts has the leader in question #5 lead?
(a) He has been second in command twice
(b) This is his third command
(c) The cohort is his first command
(d) He lead the ninth cohort
Short Answer Questions
1. When talking about his childhood what does Esca reveal to Marcus about Rome?
2. What does Marcus plant to replant in the future?
3. What does Esca say to Marcus's assertion about the good Rome has done for Britain?
4. What was the Greek net man called by the crowds?
5. What kind of hunt does Marcus allow Esca to join?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marcus learn from Esca about Esca's family?
2. Describe Cottia and how Marcus meets her.
3. What is Placidus's attitude at dinner that night?
4. Who is Esca, where did he come from, what does he say to Marcus and what does he become to Marcus?
5. Why do you think Marcus and Cottia get along? What might they have in common?
6. What does the war spear in Chapter two mean to the story?
7. Describe the relationship between Marcus and Cradoc.
8. What does Marcus consider his true home and why?
9. Describe a testudo and what it does.
10. What did Marcus's attack do for the Roman legion?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)