|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Cottia's father?
(a) A hunter of wild bear
(b) A horse breeder of the Iceni
(c) A tribal chieftain
(d) A warrior of the northern tribe
2. What does Marcus think he might have to do for work?
(a) A rich man's secretary
(b) Become a stage actor
(c) Writing poetry
(d) Train dogs
3. What will Marcus win if he is successful?
(a) A hunting spear
(b) A horse
(c) A staff of English oak
(d) A new bow
4. What happens to Marcus in the military?
(a) He is discharged because he is disabled
(b) He is sent back to Rome, a hero
(c) He is made an administrator
(d) He is promoted to first cohort
5. What is Marcus's hope about finding the Eagle?
(a) That his father might be with the Eagle
(b) If the Eagle could be found and returned, the Second Legion might be re-formed
(c) That he would find the Eagle
(d) That the ninth is not all dead
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esca show Marcus to support his position?
2. What does the leader have on his face between his brows?
3. How long did Marcus have his command?
4. How does Cradoc earn his living?
5. What does Marcus do about the new danger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marcus consider his true home and why?
2. Write about the argument Esca and Marcus have about Rome and Britain.
3. How does Cottia react to Marcus's upcoming surgery and how does Esca react once it's over?
4. Describe a testudo and what it does.
5. How does Marcus show his concern for his men?
6. What has happened to Marcus's family?
7. What can Marcus do about being discharged from the legion?
8. Describe how Marcus fares after his heroic attack on the chariot.
9. Describe Cottia and how Marcus meets her.
10. What concerns Marcus's uncle about his leg and what does he do?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)