|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cradoc earn his living?
(a) By hunting
(b) Cutting trees
(d) Building small boats
2. Who does Marcus see approaching the fort?
(a) Another tribe
(b) A group of Druids welding magic
(c) Another Roman legion
(d) A half Century patrol
3. What does the item in question 82 have on it?
(a) A pattern that flows like wind and stars
(b) Two wolves
(c) A ship and anchor
(d) A Druid symbol
4. Who does Marcus believe the legion might be?
(a) His father's lost legion
(b) That it was the legion sent to replace the Ninth
(c) He doesn't think it was a legion at all
(d) The Eighth Legion
5. What does he tell Marcus when asked about the answer in question 20?
(a) It is too long for Marcus
(b) It belongs to his wife's father
(c) It belonged to his father
(d) It is broken
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the unit of marchers?
2. Besides the spear wound what else is wrong with Marcus?
3. What did Maximus recommend for the fourth cohort?
4. How long did Marcus have his command?
5. What does his uncle say when Marcus says he has no pain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Marcus and Cradoc.
2. Describe the local population's relationship with Rome.
3. What is the wolf hunt for and how is Esca involved?
4. How do Romans place seasoned and new soldiers in formation?
5. Who is Esca, where did he come from, what does he say to Marcus and what does he become to Marcus?
6. How does Marcus show his concern for his men?
7. What interests Marcus about Esca's recollection from childhood about Roman soldiers?
8. How does Rome award the Second Legion and Marcus?
9. Describe how Marcus fares after his heroic attack on the chariot.
10. What can Marcus do about being discharged from the legion?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)