|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Uncle Aquila's only love when she died?
2. What is Cradoc's profession?
(a) He is a jailer.
(b) He is a baker and a money-lender.
(c) He is a bounty hunter.
(d) He is a hunter and horse-dealer.
3. Who is the master of the circus slaves that Marcus goes to see in Chapter 6?
4. What does the word "Tophet" (40) refer to in Chapter 3?
5. Who enters to lead the Legate and Placidus to their quarters in the end of Chapter 9?
(b) Pilus Prior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rufrius Galarius have a medical practice?
2. What does Marcus suggest Cradoc put up to wager in their bet in Chapter 2?
3. What is the name of Kaeso's wife?
4. Who commands the fort's one squadron of Dacian Horse, according to the narrator in Chapter 2?
5. What Roman wine does Uncle Aquila share with his guests in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. From what narrative point of view is the novel related?
2. Where is Marcus being tended to in Chapter 4? By whom is he being care for?
3. What information does Marcus learn of the conclusion of the battle in Chapter 4?
4. When and where is The Eagle of the Ninth set?
5. Why does Marcus worry he may be making a laughing stock out of himself in Chapter 3?
6. How is Uncle Aquila described?
7. Where has Marcus been assigned in Chapter 2? How many men does he command?
8. What does the rose in the wine jar symbolize?
9. Who is brought in to examine Marcus's leg in Chapter 8? Why?
10. How is Marcus's surgery described in Chapter 8?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)