|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcus think he might have to do for work?
(a) Writing poetry
(b) Train dogs
(c) A rich man's secretary
(d) Become a stage actor
2. How did Esca become enslaved?
(a) He was caught cheating at cards
(b) He stoled from a Roman legate
(c) He killed a Roman horse
(d) The clan rose against their overlords and lost
3. Why are they hunting ?
(a) To prove who's best with a spear
(b) To relieve boredom
(c) For meat for the winter
(d) The animals have been decimating the local flocks
4. What does Esca show Marcus to support his position?
(a) A map of Britain with Rome's positions
(b) The number of Britains who have died due to Rome
(c) A Celtic shield boss
(d) A scar going down his front from a Roman soldier
5. When talking about his childhood what does Esca reveal to Marcus about Rome?
(a) That Rome and Britain's soldiers are similar
(b) That Rome will never completely subdue Britain
(c) That the tribes hate Rome
(d) He saw a Roman Legion march north
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the item in question 82 have on it?
2. Where does Marcus go when he's discharged from the legion?
3. Where does Marcus have a spear wound?
4. What does the leader have on his face between his brows?
5. Who planted the answer to question #13 and why?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rome award the Second Legion and Marcus?
2. Describe how Marcus fares after his heroic attack on the chariot.
3. How does Marcus show his concern for his men?
4. What concerns Marcus's uncle about his leg and what does he do?
5. What does the Legate think happened to the Ninth Legion's Eagle and what does he fear?
6. What does Marcus learn from Esca about Esca's family?
7. What interests Marcus about Esca's recollection from childhood about Roman soldiers?
8. How does Cottia react to Marcus's upcoming surgery and how does Esca react once it's over?
9. Describe Marcus's uncle and Marcus's relationship to him.
10. How do Romans place seasoned and new soldiers in formation?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)