|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cradoc earn his living?
(a) By hunting
(b) Building small boats
(c) Cutting trees
2. How does Tribune Servius Placidus act towards Marcus?
(a) Like he admired him
(b) Warm and friendly
(c) Like a brother
3. Where does Cradoc live?
(a) Marcus doesn't know where he lives
(b) In the forests
(c) In the Roman fort
(d) In a round stone hut with a thatched roof
4. What does Marcus say Rome has brought to Britain?
(b) Peace and properity
(c) Trade and money
(d) Order, justice and good roads
5. Why are they hunting ?
(a) To relieve boredom
(b) To prove who's best with a spear
(c) For meat for the winter
(d) The animals have been decimating the local flocks
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Galarius's former position with Rome?
2. What do Marcus and Esca argue about?
3. What's the name of Marcus's wolf?
4. What does Cottia say about the surgery?
5. How does Marcus feel towards Esca?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Claudius Hieronimianus and who does he bring to dinner with him?
2. What does Marcus consider his true home and why?
3. Why do you think Marcus and Cottia get along? What might they have in common?
4. How do Romans place seasoned and new soldiers in formation?
5. How might Cub's return be symbolic of Marcus's life?
6. How does Marcus show his concern for his men?
7. Describe a testudo and what it does.
8. Marcus and Esca takes Cub somewhere. Where do they go and why?
9. What does the war spear in Chapter two mean to the story?
10. Describe what Marcus saw at the circus in the fight between the "fisher" and another man.
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)