|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When three tribesmen enter the tower, what do Marcus and Esca do?
(a) Hide from them
(b) Kill them
(c) Spring a surprise attack
(d) Get captured
2. What do they see near Trinomontium?
(a) A forest that's never been cut
(b) A wheat farm
(c) A large oak fort
(d) The charging boar of the Twentieth Legion carved into a block of stone
3. Who is in charge of the fort at Borcovicus where Marcus and Esca come to the wall?
(a) Legate Stephanos
(b) Tribune Placidus
(c) Drusillus, Marcus's old second with the Legion
(d) Centurion Maximus
4. Who do they meet up with when they come out of the river?
(b) A Roman cohort
(c) More tribal people
(d) No one
5. Two days later, still a long way from the wall, where do Marcus and Esca take refuge?
(a) Up a tree
(b) In an old Roman signal tower
(c) In an old tribal village
(d) In a cave
6. What does the Legate suggest Marcus do with the Eagle?
(a) That the Eagle be buried
(b) That the Eagle stay until the legion is reformed
(c) That he accompany the Eagle back to Rome
(d) That the Eagle be melted down
7. What does the hunter do after he shares Marcus's camp?
(a) Fights with Esca
(b) Sneaks away
(c) Invites them to his home
(d) Talks about his wife
8. What does the old warrior say about Marcus and the last Eagle bearer?
(a) That the bearer was stupid
(b) That the bearer was very brave
(c) That the bearer ran
(d) That Marcus looks like him
9. In Chapter 17, why did Esca sell their horses?
(a) They ate too much
(b) Their wind was broken
(c) It was close enough to the wall to walk
(d) They are too easily identified
10. What happens when the villagers catch up to Marcus and Esca?
(a) The villagers ask if they saw traders take the Eagle
(b) They search their belongings for the Eagle
(c) They have to kill the villagers
(d) They are bound and taken back to the village
11. Why does the Chieftain invite Marcus and Esca to his home?
(a) He is always curious about strangers
(b) He wants to make them slaves
(c) His wife is sick and needs help
(d) The Chieftain's toddler son has an eye infection
12. What does Liathan give to Marcus?
(a) A gold bracelet
(b) A message from Liathan's father
(c) The Eagle's wings
(d) His father's signet ring
13. What does the answer in question 127 mean as far as Guern is concerned?
(a) That he is a priest
(b) That he has lived with Romans
(c) That he learned Latin in Rome
(d) The man is a former Legionnaire
14. What does Esca suggest?
(a) That Marcus leaves him to deal with the tribesmen
(b) That Marcus stays and Esca gets the Eagle to the wall
(c) That they take the Chief's son hostage
(d) That they bury the Eagle and make a run for the wall
15. What does the old man show Marcus?
(a) A Roman short sword
(b) A ring he took from the Legion commander
(c) The wings of the Eagle
(d) A Centurion's uniform
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Legate say about the Ninth Legion?
2. What does the item in question 143 look like?
3. How do Marcus and Esca get to the wall?
4. When do Marcus and Esca return to Calleva?
5. Where did Cottia go?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)