|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcus show Guern to get him to confess?
(a) His chin strap scar
(b) His torn leg
(c) His own brand of Mithras
(d) His hands
2. What happened to the Eagle of the Ninth Legion?
(a) It was sent to Rome via a courier
(b) A group of Epidaii tribesmen carried the captured Eagle north
(c) It was lost in the mountains
(d) A young boy hid it in his hut
3. Why does Guern think so much bad happened to the Ninth Legion?
(a) The Druids cursed them
(b) Their Tribune was incompetent
(c) They were a rag tag unit
(d) The Queen of the Iceni, Boudicca cursed the Legion
4. Where does Hadrian's wall run?
(a) From Rome to Britain
(b) There is no Hadrian's wall
(c) From Luguvallium to Segedunum, bisecting the country
(d) From north to south Britain
5. What does Marcus do when they leave Guern?
(a) He salutes him and calls him Centurion
(b) He tells him he'll name his son Guern
(c) He hugs him and calls him brother
(d) He promises gold to be sent
6. What does Guern ask in return for leading them through the bog?
(a) To see the Eagle one last time
(b) To help the son he left in Rome
(c) To clear his name as a deserter
(d) To carry a letter to his first wife
7. What do Marcus and Esca do that night after everyone goes to sleep?
(a) They steal the Eagle
(b) They leave
(c) They destroy the Holy Place
(d) They kill everyone in the village
8. What does the Legate say about the Ninth Legion?
(a) It will be honored in Rome
(b) It is too disgraced to ever be reformed
(c) It will be reformed
(d) It will receive another laurel
9. Why does the Chieftain invite Marcus and Esca to his home?
(a) The Chieftain's toddler son has an eye infection
(b) He wants to make them slaves
(c) His wife is sick and needs help
(d) He is always curious about strangers
10. Who is in charge of the fort at Borcovicus where Marcus and Esca come to the wall?
(a) Legate Stephanos
(b) Drusillus, Marcus's old second with the Legion
(c) Centurion Maximus
(d) Tribune Placidus
11. In the morning near Trinomontium what do they hear?
(a) A rabbit screaming
(b) Birds fighting
(c) Wild boars fighting
(d) An eerie whistling
12. What is the purpose of Hadrian's wall?
(a) To give travellers a place to rest
(b) To keep back mud slides
(c) To tame the forests
(d) To keep the northern tribes from invading
13. What does the item in question 143 look like?
(a) It was a plain gold band with an inscription
(b) It has a large, flawed emerald and a dolphin badge
(c) It was gold with a silver crest in the middle
(d) It was silver with a black stone
14. Why does Liathan give Marcus a gift?
(a) The old warrior sent the ring to give to Marcus
(b) In gratitude for being alive
(c) To bribe him not to kill him
(d) To trade for the Eagle
15. How does Guern help Marcus and Esca?
(a) He leads the men across a dangerous bog
(b) He takes them in a boat down the river to the wall
(c) He gives them a plant to rub on them that messes up their smell
(d) He leads them through a haunted forest
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Marcus now become?
2. What does Marcus build while they are resting at noon on their first day past the wall?
3. What did the tribe call the Roman soldiers?
4. Where do they put the Eagle?
5. Why is Cub so thin?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)