|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What false name does Marcus give to the guards at the North Gate in Chapter 11?
(a) The Quartermaster.
(b) Lurorius of Lethe.
(c) Centurion Paulus.
(d) Demetrius of Alexandria.
2. What animal is the hunting party that Marcus encounters bringing back to their village in Chapter 14?
(a) A deer.
(b) An elk.
(c) A boar.
(d) A goat.
3. How many lives were lost in the recovering of the "winged god" (196), according to the Chieftan's grandfather in Chapter 15?
4. What kind of cap does Marcus wear in disguise in Chapter 11?
(a) An Athens cap.
(b) A Mithran cap.
(c) A Phrygian cap.
(d) An Anderida.cap.
5. What is the name of the Chieftan's brother in Chapter 14?
6. How long is the Wall that is described in Chapter 11?
(a) 80 miles.
(b) 50 miles.
(c) 200 miles.
(d) 20 miles.
7. What does the Eagle represent symbolically to Marcus?
(a) A wealth of money.
(b) His brother's reputation.
(d) His father's reputation.
8. To what people does Guern say he now belongs in Chapter 18?
(a) The Selgovae.
(b) The Metheglin.
(c) The Iceni.
(d) The Procyon.
9. What has the Chieftan's family been putting on their son's eyes in Chapter 14?
(b) Deer lard.
(c) Aloe vera.
(d) Toad's fat.
10. What more than anything else is said to bring a woman the envy of her neighbors in Chapter 13?
(a) A gold ring.
(b) A bronze cauldron.
(c) A wheeled wagon.
(d) A rickshaw.
11. To whom does Marcus build an altar in Chapter 11?
12. Where does Marcus get hit by a probing spear in Chapter 18?
(a) In his shoulder.
(b) In his neck.
(c) In his foot.
(d) In his leg.
13. Who raised the old fort at Trinomontium?
14. Where is the secret path that Guern leads Marcus and Esca through in Chapter 18?
(a) In a cellar.
(b) Across the forest trees.
(c) In a bog.
(d) In the garden.
15. What is the name of Marcus's mare that he takes on his mission?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Marcus and Esca upset that they lost near the water in Chapter 16?
2. Who is said to have discovered Marcus's ring-brooch by the loch in Chapter 19?
3. Where is the sentry on the northern ramparts when he believes he hears horses' hooves in Chapter 19?
4. What does Marcus wrap the Eagle in when it is placed in the altar in Chapter 20?
5. What loch do Marcus and the others pass in Chapter 14?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)