|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guern ask in return for leading them through the bog?
(a) To carry a letter to his first wife
(b) To see the Eagle one last time
(c) To clear his name as a deserter
(d) To help the son he left in Rome
2. What does the Legate suggest Marcus do with the Eagle?
(a) That the Eagle stay until the legion is reformed
(b) That he accompany the Eagle back to Rome
(c) That the Eagle be buried
(d) That the Eagle be melted down
3. What happens when the villagers catch up to Marcus and Esca?
(a) They search their belongings for the Eagle
(b) They are bound and taken back to the village
(c) They have to kill the villagers
(d) The villagers ask if they saw traders take the Eagle
4. What happened to the Eagle of the Ninth Legion?
(a) A group of Epidaii tribesmen carried the captured Eagle north
(b) It was sent to Rome via a courier
(c) A young boy hid it in his hut
(d) It was lost in the mountains
5. What does the old warrior say about Marcus and the last Eagle bearer?
(a) That the bearer ran
(b) That Marcus looks like him
(c) That the bearer was very brave
(d) That the bearer was stupid
6. How does Guern feel about the Eagle being stolen back from the tribes?
(a) He's sad that the Romans have it back
(b) He doesn't care one way or the other
(c) He's enthusiastic
(d) He's wary that he'll be killed
7. What do they see near Trinomontium?
(a) A forest that's never been cut
(b) A wheat farm
(c) A large oak fort
(d) The charging boar of the Twentieth Legion carved into a block of stone
8. What Chieftain asks them to his home?
(a) The Chief of the Painted People
(b) An Epidaii Chieftain named Dergdian
(c) AThe Chief of the Taula tribe
(d) The Chief of the Icni
9. What does the Chieftain tell Marcus about his people?
(a) They like the Romans
(b) They are the Seal People, the keepers of the Holy Place
(c) They wander throughout the north
(d) They bear the wolf totem
10. What happened to the Ninth legion, in the end?
(a) They returned to Rome
(b) They fled to Germany
(c) The tribes hunted the Legion all the way south
(d) They dispersed throughout Britain
11. What does the Legate say about the Ninth Legion?
(a) It is too disgraced to ever be reformed
(b) It will be honored in Rome
(c) It will be reformed
(d) It will receive another laurel
12. What does Liathan give to Marcus?
(a) His father's signet ring
(b) A message from Liathan's father
(c) The Eagle's wings
(d) A gold bracelet
13. For what purpose is the festival Marcus and Esca attend?
(a) For the boys being initiated into manhood
(b) For a Chieftain wedding
(c) For the new moon
(d) For the deer hunt coming up
14. Three days after buying new horses what do Marcus and Esca see?
(a) A Roman legion come to rescue them
(b) Esca's remaining tribal people
(c) Riders with hounds behind them
(d) The wall
15. What does Esca suggest?
(a) That they take the Chief's son hostage
(b) That they bury the Eagle and make a run for the wall
(c) That Marcus stays and Esca gets the Eagle to the wall
(d) That Marcus leaves him to deal with the tribesmen
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Esca loose near where he hid the Eagle?
2. What does a warrior tell Marcus about the legion?
3. What do Marcus and Esca generally eat for noon break?
4. When do Marcus and Esca return to Calleva?
5. What does the old man say about Marcus's father?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)