|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liathan give to Marcus?
(a) His father's signet ring
(b) The Eagle's wings
(c) A message from Liathan's father
(d) A gold bracelet
2. What does the old warrior say about Marcus and the last Eagle bearer?
(a) That the bearer was very brave
(b) That the bearer ran
(c) That the bearer was stupid
(d) That Marcus looks like him
3. How do the tribesmen know they are in the tower?
(a) A tribe member saw them go in it
(b) They startle a raven and the bird takes flight
(c) The hounds smell them
(d) They drop a spear out the window
4. Where did Cottia go?
(a) To northern Britain
(b) To the spa at Aquae Sulis
(c) Back to her mother's house
(d) To Rome
5. Where do they put the Eagle?
(a) They bury in a cemetary
(b) They conceal it in a hidden chamber in Uncle Aquila's house
(c) They hang it on the wall
(d) they throw it in the ocean
6. What does Marcus show Guern to get him to confess?
(a) His torn leg
(b) His hands
(c) His own brand of Mithras
(d) His chin strap scar
7. Who is in charge of the fort at Borcovicus where Marcus and Esca come to the wall?
(a) Centurion Maximus
(b) Tribune Placidus
(c) Legate Stephanos
(d) Drusillus, Marcus's old second with the Legion
8. What does Marcus build while they are resting at noon on their first day past the wall?
(a) A lean-to
(b) A small altar to Mithras
(c) A tall staff
(d) A temple to Artemis
9. Why does the Chieftain invite Marcus and Esca to his home?
(a) He wants to make them slaves
(b) He is always curious about strangers
(c) The Chieftain's toddler son has an eye infection
(d) His wife is sick and needs help
10. Why does Liathan give Marcus a gift?
(a) The old warrior sent the ring to give to Marcus
(b) To bribe him not to kill him
(c) In gratitude for being alive
(d) To trade for the Eagle
11. That summer what area do Marcus and Esca crisscross?
(a) The villages along the Yaka River
(b) The Province of Yaka
(c) The Province of Stutta
(d) The Province of Valentia
12. In the morning near Trinomontium what do they hear?
(a) An eerie whistling
(b) Wild boars fighting
(c) Birds fighting
(d) A rabbit screaming
13. What do Marcus and Esca generally eat for noon break?
(a) They don't eat at noon
(b) Apples and cheese
(c) Meat and cheese
(d) Cheese and bread
14. What is the result of the answer to question 164?
(a) They show the men they don't have the Eagle
(b) They are able to kill the men
(c) They are able to overpower all three men
(d) They talk them into leaving them alone
15. Why does Guern think so much bad happened to the Ninth Legion?
(a) The Queen of the Iceni, Boudicca cursed the Legion
(b) The Druids cursed them
(c) Their Tribune was incompetent
(d) They were a rag tag unit
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcus do when they leave Guern?
2. What does the old man show Marcus?
3. Who do they meet up with when they come out of the river?
4. What happened to the Eagle of the Ninth Legion?
5. Two days later, still a long way from the wall, where do Marcus and Esca take refuge?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)