Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the item in question 82 have on it?
(a) A pattern that flows like wind and stars
(b) A ship and anchor
(c) A Druid symbol
(d) Two wolves
2. What did Esca's father do before he was enslaved?
(a) A hunter
(b) A charioteer
(c) A foot soldier
(d) A cook
3. What cohort did the leader's father command?
(a) Ninth Legion
(b) Tenth Cohort
(c) Fifth Regiment
(d) First Calvary
4. What does he tell Marcus when asked about the answer in question 20?
(a) It is too long for Marcus
(b) It belonged to his father
(c) It belongs to his wife's father
(d) It is broken
5. What was the Greek net man called by the crowds?
(b) The fisher
6. What does Marcus think he might have to do for work?
(a) Become a stage actor
(b) Writing poetry
(c) Train dogs
(d) A rich man's secretary
7. What kind of game does Marcus and his uncle play?
(a) The draughts
8. Where do Marcus and his uncle go for entertainment?
(a) To the ocean
(b) The Saturnalia Games
(c) To hike the mountains
(d) To Rome
9. What did the collapse of the first chariot do in the fight?
(a) Sent the others into the wall
(b) Hit the Roman patrol and stop them
(c) It stopped the others
(d) Spur the tribes to greater fighting
10. What is Marcus's hope about finding the Eagle?
(a) That the ninth is not all dead
(b) That his father might be with the Eagle
(c) If the Eagle could be found and returned, the Second Legion might be re-formed
(d) That he would find the Eagle
11. What does Marcus do before asking Esca to accompany him?
(a) Asks Esca to swear loyalty to Rome
(b) Gives Esca a horse
(c) Gives Esca a new spear
(d) Presents Esca with manumission papers, freeing him from slavery
12. Where does Cradoc live?
(a) Marcus doesn't know where he lives
(b) In the Roman fort
(c) In a round stone hut with a thatched roof
(d) In the forests
13. How did the uncle know this man?
(a) They lived next door to each other in Rome
(b) He was a former comrade at arms
(c) He met him in the Senate
(d) They met in the circus
14. Who is leading the answer in question #29?
(a) Some women from the village
(b) Chariots of the Britains
(c) A Roman deserter
(d) A Druid priest
15. Who comes into the house after the Legate and the Tribune?
(a) No one else comes in the house
(b) Cub returns from the forest
(c) Cottia comes from next door
(d) A house servant reports a horse is lost
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Cottia live?
2. What does Esca do doing the surgery?
3. Who leads the cohort?
4. What does Marcus notice about the item in question #20?
5. How long has it been, when his uncle calls another surgeon, since Marcus was injured?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)