|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marcus feel towards the Tribune?
(a) He likes him
(b) He admires him
(d) He hates him
2. How will Marcus disguise himself while he looks for the Eagle?
(a) As a traveling oculist, an itinerate eye doctor
(b) As a merchant
(c) As an arms dealer
(d) As a traveling bard
3. What kind of rumor has the Legate heard about the ninth?
(a) That it was slaughtered to the last man
(b) That one of the northern Celtic tribes keeps the Hispana's Eagle on display
(c) That it never actually went north
(d) That the Centurion that headed it was still alive
4. How does Marcus feel towards Esca?
(a) He considers him a friend
(b) He thinks he's stupid
(c) He thinks he's a good slave
(d) He thinks he needs more training
5. Who storms the outpost's walls?
(a) No one storms the walls
(b) Another Roman cohort
(c) Tribesmen storm the walls
(d) A group of Druid priests
6. What does his uncle say when Marcus says he has no pain?
(a) Laughs at him
(b) Says that he's happy
(c) Tells him to jump up on the garden wall
(d) Calls him a liar
7. In Chapter 9, Marcus's uncle is expecting a dinner guest. Who is it?
(a) The Legate of the Sixth Legion
(b) Marcus's father
(c) Marcus's brother
(d) An old friend from childhood
8. Where does Marcus go when he's discharged from the legion?
(a) To his brother's house
(b) He goes to live with his uncle
(c) To the legion's academy to teach
(d) Back to Rome
9. What does the object in question #7 show?
(a) He is a freed slave
(b) He has achieved the Raven degree of Mithras
(c) He is a slave
(d) He belongs to Rome
10. Who comes into the house after the Legate and the Tribune?
(a) Cub returns from the forest
(b) A house servant reports a horse is lost
(c) Cottia comes from next door
(d) No one else comes in the house
11. What will Marcus win if he is successful?
(a) A horse
(b) A hunting spear
(c) A staff of English oak
(d) A new bow
12. What does Esca say to Marcus's assertion about the good Rome has done for Britain?
(a) There was no good
(b) That Rome was a bully
(c) That the price has been too high
(d) That Rome should have stayed home
13. What does Esca show Marcus to support his position?
(a) A scar going down his front from a Roman soldier
(b) A Celtic shield boss
(c) The number of Britains who have died due to Rome
(d) A map of Britain with Rome's positions
14. When Marcus's uncle asks him about pain in his leg what does Marcus say?
(a) Stoically denies the pain
(b) That he can't sleep at night
(c) That he wished he'd had a better physician
(d) That his leg is killing him
15. What does Marcus do so Cottia can visit?
(a) Adopts her
(b) Talks to her mother
(c) Urges his uncle to be friendlier to his neighbors
(d) Asks her to marry him
Short Answer Questions
1. In the fight between the net man and the swordsman who wins?
2. In Chapter 9, what do Esca and Marcus do with Cub once he is full grown?
3. What happened to the ninth legion?
4. What changes the Tribune's attitude towards Marcus?
5. What does Marcus do before asking Esca to accompany him?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)