|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tribune Servius Placidus act towards Marcus?
(a) Like he admired him
(b) Like a brother
(c) Warm and friendly
2. What will the gladiator be doing for Marcus?
(b) Personal body slave
(c) Body guard
(d) Writing letters, reading to him
3. Who does Marcus see in the garden when playing with the wolf cub?
(a) Esca talking to a Britain woman
(b) Tribune Placidus
(c) His uncle
(d) A slender girl of about thirteen peering over the hedge
4. What cohort did the leader's father command?
(a) Tenth Cohort
(b) Fifth Regiment
(c) Ninth Legion
(d) First Calvary
5. What does Marcus do so Cottia can visit?
(a) Asks her to marry him
(b) Adopts her
(c) Urges his uncle to be friendlier to his neighbors
(d) Talks to her mother
6. What does Marcus notice about the item in question #20?
(a) It is painted black with white stripes
(b) The heron's feathers decorating the spear are new
(c) The spear is shorter than the one Marcus takes
(d) It has a bow in it
7. What do Marcus and Esca argue about?
(a) About Cottia
(b) About the food at Marcus's uncle's
(c) What Rome has done to Britain
(d) About slavery
8. How old is the unit of marchers?
(a) It's five years old
(b) It goes back fifty years
(c) It's brand new
(d) A year old
9. Who leads the cohort?
(a) Legate Dominon Tulla
(b) Cohort second Pontia
(c) No one
(d) Centurion Marcus Flavius Aquila
10. From where did Esca know him?
(a) He saw him at the games
(b) The man bought a horse from Esca's father
(c) He fought him when his tribe rebelled
(d) It's the man who was rude to Esca the day of the wolf hunt
11. When talking about his childhood what does Esca reveal to Marcus about Rome?
(a) That Rome will never completely subdue Britain
(b) He saw a Roman Legion march north
(c) That Rome and Britain's soldiers are similar
(d) That the tribes hate Rome
12. How many other cohorts has the leader in question #5 lead?
(a) He lead the ninth cohort
(b) This is his third command
(c) He has been second in command twice
(d) The cohort is his first command
13. What is Marcus awarded for bravery?
(a) A gold striped toga
(b) Two horses
(c) A silver leaf necklace
(d) A gold military bracelet
14. In Chapter 3 noise is heard outside the walls of the Roman legion outpost. What was the noise?
(a) A celebration
(b) Some kids playing
(c) The horses stampeding
(d) Stray cattle
15. Who else is coming with the guest?
(a) A member of his staff
(b) A former member of the Ninth legion
(c) A woman Marcus's uncle loved
(d) No one, he's coming alone
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Greek net man called by the crowds?
2. What seems to rouse the local villagers and hunters to rebellion?
3. What does Marcus think about the men of the village who were killed?
4. What happens as Marcus and his men are fighting to get back to the fort?
5. What has been the result of the surgery Marcus had on his leg?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)