|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do her aunt and uncle call her?
2. What was the Greek net man called by the crowds?
(a) The fisher
3. How does Marcus recognize the man with the dinner guest?
(a) They went to officer's school together
(b) He relieved Marcus at the Second Legion
(c) He saw him at the Saturnalia games
(d) From Esca's description
4. How did Esca become enslaved?
(a) He stoled from a Roman legate
(b) The clan rose against their overlords and lost
(c) He was caught cheating at cards
(d) He killed a Roman horse
5. What did Marcus's uncle do before he retired?
(a) An administrator
(b) A governor
(c) A Legionnaire, a former camp commandant
(d) A senator
6. How does Marcus travels amongst the barbarians?
(a) As a horse trader
(b) Disguised as an oculist
(c) As a tattooed barbarian
(d) As a Roman soldier
7. What will happen to the gladiator whose life Marcus saved?
(a) He'll be sold on the slave block
(b) He'll be killed
(c) He'll rest and fight another day
(d) He'll be freed, he's a lousy fighter
8. What is his worry concerning the Eagle in Celtic hands?
(a) It would be a powerful totem against the Romans
(b) They would use it to recruit other Romans
(c) They would trade the gold for weapons
(d) That legions would disappear trying to get it back
9. What does Esca do doing the surgery?
(a) Goes on a hunt to get out of the house
(b) Bring hot water and linens and assists the surgeon
(c) Visits with Cottia
(d) Restrains Cub
10. How many bad harvests years has Britain had before the opening of the book?
(a) Four years
(b) One year
(c) Two years
(d) Ten years
11. What does Marcus say Rome has brought to Britain?
(a) Order, justice and good roads
(b) Peace and properity
(d) Trade and money
12. Why are they hunting ?
(a) To relieve boredom
(b) To prove who's best with a spear
(c) The animals have been decimating the local flocks
(d) For meat for the winter
13. Who is leading the answer in question #29?
(a) Chariots of the Britains
(b) A Druid priest
(c) Some women from the village
(d) A Roman deserter
14. What is Tartarus?
(a) The man in command under Marcus
(b) The dead of the night
(c) Is both a deity and a place in the underworld in Greek mythology
(d) A type of Roman food
15. What is Esca trying to show Marcus about Rome and Britain?
(a) That the two represent two different worlds
(b) That Britains believe in self-expression
(c) That Britains believe in freedom
(d) That Rome is oppressive
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Marcus semi-conscious after being injured?
2. What does Marcus notice about the item in question #20?
3. How has the village been punished?
4. What does Cottia say about the surgery?
5. How does Marcus feel towards the Tribune?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)