|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Marcus in the military?
(a) He is sent back to Rome, a hero
(b) He is made an administrator
(c) He is discharged because he is disabled
(d) He is promoted to first cohort
2. From where did Esca know him?
(a) It's the man who was rude to Esca the day of the wolf hunt
(b) The man bought a horse from Esca's father
(c) He fought him when his tribe rebelled
(d) He saw him at the games
3. What does Marcus say Rome has brought to Britain?
(a) Order, justice and good roads
(b) Peace and properity
(c) Trade and money
4. What do Marcus and Esca argue about?
(a) About slavery
(b) About Cottia
(c) About the food at Marcus's uncle's
(d) What Rome has done to Britain
5. Where does Marcus go when he's discharged from the legion?
(a) Back to Rome
(b) To the legion's academy to teach
(c) To his brother's house
(d) He goes to live with his uncle
6. What does Marcus do about the new danger?
(a) He throws himself on the leader and falls in battle
(b) He throws his spear at them
(c) He has the archers fire on the new enemy
(d) He pushes his men to run faster
7. Who does Marcus see approaching the fort?
(a) A group of Druids welding magic
(b) Another tribe
(c) A half Century patrol
(d) Another Roman legion
8. When Marcus's uncle asks him about pain in his leg what does Marcus say?
(a) Stoically denies the pain
(b) That his leg is killing him
(c) That he can't sleep at night
(d) That he wished he'd had a better physician
9. What was Esca's father's position in the tribe?
(b) Son of the chieftess
(d) No one in particular
10. How did Esca become enslaved?
(a) He killed a Roman horse
(b) He was caught cheating at cards
(c) The clan rose against their overlords and lost
(d) He stoled from a Roman legate
11. Who catches Marcus's eye sitting at the games?
(a) A blond, Roman lady
(b) A centurion he knew in Rome
(c) A young red-haired British girl
(d) The wolves who are fighting
12. Where do Marcus and his uncle go for entertainment?
(a) To hike the mountains
(b) The Saturnalia Games
(c) To the ocean
(d) To Rome
13. How old is the unit of marchers?
(a) It's brand new
(b) It's five years old
(c) A year old
(d) It goes back fifty years
14. What is Marcus awarded for bravery?
(a) Two horses
(b) A gold striped toga
(c) A silver leaf necklace
(d) A gold military bracelet
15. When does Marcus believe the gods show themselves?
(a) When the water rises in the delta
(b) In new moons, seed-time, harvest and solstice
(c) On full moons
(d) During a comet
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Marcus have his command?
2. When talking about his childhood what does Esca reveal to Marcus about Rome?
3. What does Esca do doing the surgery?
4. Who does Marcus see in the garden when playing with the wolf cub?
5. Where did the patrol that Marcus was trying to rescue go?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)