|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of hunt does Marcus allow Esca to join?
(a) Bear hunt
(b) Boar hunt
(c) Wolf hunt
(d) Deer hunt
2. What does the Legate mention about Eburacum in Chapter 10?
(a) That Rome plans to set up a new governor
(b) That it is still haunted by the disappearance of the ninth legion
(c) That the grape harvest was good that year
(d) That there is land there for Marcus
3. What does Esca do doing the surgery?
(a) Bring hot water and linens and assists the surgeon
(b) Goes on a hunt to get out of the house
(c) Restrains Cub
(d) Visits with Cottia
4. How does Cradoc earn his living?
(b) Building small boats
(c) Cutting trees
(d) By hunting
5. Who does Marcus see in the garden when playing with the wolf cub?
(a) Esca talking to a Britain woman
(b) A slender girl of about thirteen peering over the hedge
(c) His uncle
(d) Tribune Placidus
6. Who takes him on the answer to question #15?
(a) A Druid woodsman
(b) One of the men under him
(c) He goes with his cohort
(d) A Briton guide named Cradoc
7. What does Marcus plant to replant in the future?
(a) A tree that was cut down accidentally
(b) Grape vines that died
(c) A rose bush that was planted in a wine jar
(d) The wheat fields outside the fort
8. Who else is coming with the guest?
(a) No one, he's coming alone
(b) A former member of the Ninth legion
(c) A member of his staff
(d) A woman Marcus's uncle loved
9. What is Esca trying to show Marcus about Rome and Britain?
(a) That Britains believe in self-expression
(b) That the two represent two different worlds
(c) That Britains believe in freedom
(d) That Rome is oppressive
10. Where did the patrol that Marcus was trying to rescue go?
(a) It stayed in the middle of the fighting until they were all killed
(b) Into the forest
(c) Ran to the chariots to help Marcus
(d) It was able to rush inside the fortress
11. What do Marcus and Esca argue about?
(a) About Cottia
(b) What Rome has done to Britain
(c) About the food at Marcus's uncle's
(d) About slavery
12. How did the uncle know this man?
(a) He met him in the Senate
(b) They met in the circus
(c) They lived next door to each other in Rome
(d) He was a former comrade at arms
13. Who does the uncle talk to about Marcus's leg?
(a) An old friend, Rufus Galarius
(b) A physician from Rome
(c) The surgeon from the second legion
(d) A tribal medicine woman
14. What does Marcus do before asking Esca to accompany him?
(a) Gives Esca a horse
(b) Presents Esca with manumission papers, freeing him from slavery
(c) Gives Esca a new spear
(d) Asks Esca to swear loyalty to Rome
15. What do her aunt and uncle call her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of rumor has the Legate heard about the ninth?
2. Who insulted Esca at the hunt?
3. When does Marcus believe the gods show themselves?
4. What do the rescuers form when they reach the answer in question #32?
5. What does the item in question 82 have on it?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)