|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes into the house after the Legate and the Tribune?
(a) Cub returns from the forest
(b) A house servant reports a horse is lost
(c) No one else comes in the house
(d) Cottia comes from next door
2. What is one of the activities Marcus does when not drilling with the troops?
(a) Driving wagons
(b) Reading novels
(c) He goes on hunts
(d) Playing dice
3. What will Marcus win if he is successful?
(a) A staff of English oak
(b) A horse
(c) A new bow
(d) A hunting spear
4. How many other cohorts has the leader in question #5 lead?
(a) He lead the ninth cohort
(b) He has been second in command twice
(c) This is his third command
(d) The cohort is his first command
5. How many bad harvests years has Britain had before the opening of the book?
(a) Four years
(b) Two years
(c) Ten years
(d) One year
6. What does Esca do doing the surgery?
(a) Restrains Cub
(b) Goes on a hunt to get out of the house
(c) Bring hot water and linens and assists the surgeon
(d) Visits with Cottia
7. What kind of game does Marcus and his uncle play?
(d) The draughts
8. What does the item in question 82 have on it?
(a) Two wolves
(b) A ship and anchor
(c) A Druid symbol
(d) A pattern that flows like wind and stars
9. What does Marcus do so Cottia can visit?
(a) Adopts her
(b) Talks to her mother
(c) Urges his uncle to be friendlier to his neighbors
(d) Asks her to marry him
10. In the opening of the book, who is marching along a British road?
(a) The Auxiliary cohort of the Second Roman Legion
(b) A merchant's caravan
(c) A tribe from north Britain
(d) Soldiers from Caledonia
11. What does Marcus do about those who are approaching the fort?
(a) Takes 50 men to rescue them
(b) Yells at them to run away
(c) Has the archers fire on them
(d) Prays for them
12. What changes the Tribune's attitude towards Marcus?
(a) He finds out that Marcus is his cousin
(b) He finds out that Marcus has a wolf
(c) He learns that Marcus is a hero of the Second Legion
(d) He finds out that Marcus's father was a Senator
13. In the fight between the net man and the swordsman who wins?
(a) The swordsman
(b) It was a draw
(c) The net man
(d) No one, they never fought
14. What does the doctor tell Marcus about his injuries?
(a) That he needs more medical care in Rome
(b) That he will never heal
(c) To be patient and that his injuries will heal
(d) That he will be able to fight again
15. What seems to rouse the local villagers and hunters to rebellion?
(a) Stray holy men of the Druids
(b) The sight of Romans marching through the land
(c) The king of Britain
(d) A farmer who used to be a warrior giving speeches
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Marcus semi-conscious after being injured?
2. What was Galarius's former position with Rome?
3. How did Esca become enslaved?
4. What did Maximus recommend for the fourth cohort?
5. How does Cradoc earn his living?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)