|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Marcus and his men are fighting to get back to the fort?
(a) Someone throws a bomb
(b) The Druids start drumming louder
(c) A column of chariots bears down upon them
(d) Marcus trips and goes down
2. What is the insignia of the second legion?
(a) A jumping horse
(b) Two hawks in flight
(c) A lion
(d) The Capricorn
3. Who does the uncle talk to about Marcus's leg?
(a) The surgeon from the second legion
(b) A tribal medicine woman
(c) An old friend, Rufus Galarius
(d) A physician from Rome
4. Who comes into the house after the Legate and the Tribune?
(a) Cottia comes from next door
(b) Cub returns from the forest
(c) No one else comes in the house
(d) A house servant reports a horse is lost
5. What will the gladiator be doing for Marcus?
(a) Writing letters, reading to him
(b) Personal body slave
(c) Body guard
6. What does the Legate mention about Eburacum in Chapter 10?
(a) That there is land there for Marcus
(b) That Rome plans to set up a new governor
(c) That it is still haunted by the disappearance of the ninth legion
(d) That the grape harvest was good that year
7. What does Cradoc keep in reserve away from Marcus?
(a) His brother's spear
(b) The gray stallion he rides
(c) One war spear
(d) A bear spear
8. What kind of hunt does Marcus allow Esca to join?
(a) Boar hunt
(b) Deer hunt
(c) Bear hunt
(d) Wolf hunt
9. Who does Marcus believe the legion might be?
(a) He doesn't think it was a legion at all
(b) That it was the legion sent to replace the Ninth
(c) The Eighth Legion
(d) His father's lost legion
10. In the fight between the net man and the swordsman who wins?
(a) It was a draw
(b) No one, they never fought
(c) The swordsman
(d) The net man
11. What changes the Tribune's attitude towards Marcus?
(a) He finds out that Marcus is his cousin
(b) He finds out that Marcus has a wolf
(c) He finds out that Marcus's father was a Senator
(d) He learns that Marcus is a hero of the Second Legion
12. When talking about his childhood what does Esca reveal to Marcus about Rome?
(a) That Rome and Britain's soldiers are similar
(b) That the tribes hate Rome
(c) That Rome will never completely subdue Britain
(d) He saw a Roman Legion march north
13. What is Esca trying to show Marcus about Rome and Britain?
(a) That Britains believe in self-expression
(b) That Britains believe in freedom
(c) That Rome is oppressive
(d) That the two represent two different worlds
14. How long was Marcus semi-conscious after being injured?
(a) Ten hours
(b) Two days
(c) About a week
(d) One month
15. What does the leader have on his face between his brows?
(a) A knife scar
(b) A brand
(d) A silver star
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is leading the answer in question #29?
2. How does Marcus recognize the man with the dinner guest?
3. Who catches Marcus's eye sitting at the games?
4. How does Marcus feel towards Esca?
5. What does Esca show Marcus to support his position?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)