|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcus's uncle do about his request in question 87?
(a) Says no way
(b) Reluctantly complies
(c) Tells Marcus he will next year
(d) Tells Marcus to do it himself
2. What will happen to the gladiator whose life Marcus saved?
(a) He'll be freed, he's a lousy fighter
(b) He'll be killed
(c) He'll rest and fight another day
(d) He'll be sold on the slave block
3. What does Marcus think about the men of the village who were killed?
(a) It was their fault for fighting
(b) That they were brave
(c) That they were stupid
(d) All eternity will not bring back the young men
4. What happens to Marcus in the military?
(a) He is made an administrator
(b) He is promoted to first cohort
(c) He is sent back to Rome, a hero
(d) He is discharged because he is disabled
5. Of what is Cottia most proud?
(a) That she can ride any horse
(b) That she knows how to hunt
(c) That she can sew clothes
(d) Her Iceni heritage
6. How long was Marcus semi-conscious after being injured?
(a) One month
(b) Ten hours
(c) About a week
(d) Two days
7. How old is the unit of marchers?
(a) A year old
(b) It's brand new
(c) It's five years old
(d) It goes back fifty years
8. In the fight between the net man and the swordsman who wins?
(a) It was a draw
(b) The swordsman
(c) No one, they never fought
(d) The net man
9. Who catches Marcus's eye sitting at the games?
(a) A centurion he knew in Rome
(b) A young red-haired British girl
(c) The wolves who are fighting
(d) A blond, Roman lady
10. What has been the result of the surgery Marcus had on his leg?
(a) The pain is gone
(b) It's almost like it had never been injured
(c) It's healed now, but twisted and scarred
(d) The infection is healed
11. What's the name of the garrison Surgeon?
12. When Marcus's uncle asks him about pain in his leg what does Marcus say?
(a) That his leg is killing him
(b) That he can't sleep at night
(c) Stoically denies the pain
(d) That he wished he'd had a better physician
13. What does Esca say to Marcus's assertion about the good Rome has done for Britain?
(a) There was no good
(b) That the price has been too high
(c) That Rome was a bully
(d) That Rome should have stayed home
14. What did Esca's father do before he was enslaved?
(a) A cook
(b) A charioteer
(c) A hunter
(d) A foot soldier
15. What did Maximus recommend for the fourth cohort?
(a) Extra wine for a month
(b) Punishment for all the men who survived
(c) A gilded laurel wreath
(d) Extra rations for a week
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Galarius do about Marcus's leg?
2. What cohort did the leader's father command?
3. What seems to rouse the local villagers and hunters to rebellion?
4. Who does Marcus see approaching the fort?
5. How does Marcus feel towards the Tribune?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)