|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Marcus does the wager?
(a) He wins it
(b) He falls flat on his face
(c) It is a tie
(d) He is stopped by Cradoc's wife
2. What do the rescuers form when they reach the answer in question #32?
(a) A line to move against the enemy
(b) A new testudo
(c) They don't form anything
(d) A circle
3. Who is leading the answer in question #29?
(a) Chariots of the Britains
(b) A Roman deserter
(c) Some women from the village
(d) A Druid priest
4. What happened to Cradoc?
(a) He was killed
(b) He was exiled with his wife
(c) He wasn't there
(d) He was made a slave
5. What kind of game does Marcus and his uncle play?
(b) The draughts
6. What does the item in question 82 have on it?
(a) A Druid symbol
(b) Two wolves
(c) A ship and anchor
(d) A pattern that flows like wind and stars
7. What changes the Tribune's attitude towards Marcus?
(a) He finds out that Marcus has a wolf
(b) He finds out that Marcus's father was a Senator
(c) He learns that Marcus is a hero of the Second Legion
(d) He finds out that Marcus is his cousin
8. What does his uncle say when Marcus says he has no pain?
(a) Says that he's happy
(b) Tells him to jump up on the garden wall
(c) Calls him a liar
(d) Laughs at him
9. Besides the spear wound what else is wrong with Marcus?
(a) He has a fractured skull
(b) His right thigh is shattered
(c) His kidneys are destroyed
(d) He has a broken nose
10. What is Marcus's hope about finding the Eagle?
(a) If the Eagle could be found and returned, the Second Legion might be re-formed
(b) That his father might be with the Eagle
(c) That the ninth is not all dead
(d) That he would find the Eagle
11. In Chapter 3, after noises heard, what does Marcus order the cohort to do?
(a) To sleep with their weapons at hand
(b) To get the cohort into fighting position
(c) To settle down and sleep
(d) To saddle their horses
12. What is the name of the gladiator that Marcus buys?
13. How does Cradoc earn his living?
(b) By hunting
(c) Building small boats
(d) Cutting trees
14. What cohort did the leader's father command?
(a) First Calvary
(b) Fifth Regiment
(c) Tenth Cohort
(d) Ninth Legion
15. What seems to rouse the local villagers and hunters to rebellion?
(a) The king of Britain
(b) A farmer who used to be a warrior giving speeches
(c) Stray holy men of the Druids
(d) The sight of Romans marching through the land
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the collapse of the first chariot do in the fight?
2. What does Marcus think about the men of the village who were killed?
3. How has the village been punished?
4. What was Cottia's father?
5. Who insulted Esca at the hunt?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)