|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else is coming with the guest?
(a) A former member of the Ninth legion
(b) A woman Marcus's uncle loved
(c) No one, he's coming alone
(d) A member of his staff
2. What is Marcus awarded for bravery?
(a) Two horses
(b) A gold striped toga
(c) A silver leaf necklace
(d) A gold military bracelet
3. When Marcus's uncle asks him about pain in his leg what does Marcus say?
(a) That he wished he'd had a better physician
(b) That he can't sleep at night
(c) Stoically denies the pain
(d) That his leg is killing him
4. What does the item in question 82 have on it?
(a) A pattern that flows like wind and stars
(b) Two wolves
(c) A ship and anchor
(d) A Druid symbol
5. Who comes into the house after the Legate and the Tribune?
(a) No one else comes in the house
(b) Cottia comes from next door
(c) A house servant reports a horse is lost
(d) Cub returns from the forest
6. When talking about his childhood what does Esca reveal to Marcus about Rome?
(a) That Rome will never completely subdue Britain
(b) He saw a Roman Legion march north
(c) That Rome and Britain's soldiers are similar
(d) That the tribes hate Rome
7. Who planted the answer to question #13 and why?
(a) The wife of the present commander
(b) A homesick former commander
(c) A soldier whose brother was killed
(d) No one knows how it got there
8. What happens to the swordsman?
(a) He stumbles and falls on his sword
(b) The net man kills him
(c) He kills the net man
(d) Marcus persudes the crowds to let him live
9. What was the Greek net man called by the crowds?
(c) The fisher
10. What does Esca return with from the hunt?
(a) A wolf cub
(b) A boar hide
(c) Two dozen pheasants
(d) A wound in his knee
11. How does Marcus feel towards Esca?
(a) He thinks he's a good slave
(b) He thinks he's stupid
(c) He considers him a friend
(d) He thinks he needs more training
12. What has been the result of the surgery Marcus had on his leg?
(a) It's healed now, but twisted and scarred
(b) The pain is gone
(c) It's almost like it had never been injured
(d) The infection is healed
13. What does his uncle say when Marcus says he has no pain?
(a) Laughs at him
(b) Calls him a liar
(c) Tells him to jump up on the garden wall
(d) Says that he's happy
14. What's the name of the garrison Surgeon?
15. In the opening of the book, who is marching along a British road?
(a) The Auxiliary cohort of the Second Roman Legion
(b) A tribe from north Britain
(c) Soldiers from Caledonia
(d) A merchant's caravan
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the ninth legion?
2. What kind of hunt does Marcus allow Esca to join?
3. In Chapter 3 noise is heard outside the walls of the Roman legion outpost. What was the noise?
4. Where did the patrol that Marcus was trying to rescue go?
5. How has the village been punished?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)