|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Esca's father's position in the tribe?
(c) Son of the chieftess
(d) No one in particular
2. How long was Marcus semi-conscious after being injured?
(a) Two days
(b) About a week
(c) Ten hours
(d) One month
3. Who does the uncle talk to about Marcus's leg?
(a) The surgeon from the second legion
(b) An old friend, Rufus Galarius
(c) A tribal medicine woman
(d) A physician from Rome
4. What's the name of Marcus's wolf?
5. What does Esca say to Marcus's assertion about the good Rome has done for Britain?
(a) That the price has been too high
(b) That Rome should have stayed home
(c) There was no good
(d) That Rome was a bully
6. How old is the unit of marchers?
(a) It's five years old
(b) A year old
(c) It goes back fifty years
(d) It's brand new
7. What kind of game does Marcus and his uncle play?
(b) The draughts
8. What does Marcus do before asking Esca to accompany him?
(a) Asks Esca to swear loyalty to Rome
(b) Gives Esca a new spear
(c) Presents Esca with manumission papers, freeing him from slavery
(d) Gives Esca a horse
9. What is Marcus's hope about finding the Eagle?
(a) That he would find the Eagle
(b) That his father might be with the Eagle
(c) If the Eagle could be found and returned, the Second Legion might be re-formed
(d) That the ninth is not all dead
10. Where does Cradoc live?
(a) Marcus doesn't know where he lives
(b) In the forests
(c) In the Roman fort
(d) In a round stone hut with a thatched roof
11. When does Marcus believe the gods show themselves?
(a) On full moons
(b) When the water rises in the delta
(c) During a comet
(d) In new moons, seed-time, harvest and solstice
12. What happens to Marcus in the military?
(a) He is sent back to Rome, a hero
(b) He is promoted to first cohort
(c) He is made an administrator
(d) He is discharged because he is disabled
13. What did the collapse of the first chariot do in the fight?
(a) It stopped the others
(b) Hit the Roman patrol and stop them
(c) Sent the others into the wall
(d) Spur the tribes to greater fighting
14. What cohort did the leader's father command?
(a) Ninth Legion
(b) First Calvary
(c) Fifth Regiment
(d) Tenth Cohort
15. Where does Marcus have a spear wound?
(a) His left leg
(b) In his stomach
(c) In his shoulder
(d) On his arm
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the object in question #7 show?
2. What happens as Marcus and his men are fighting to get back to the fort?
3. What does he tell Marcus when asked about the answer in question 20?
4. Where does Marcus go when he's discharged from the legion?
5. In Chapter 9, what do Esca and Marcus do with Cub once he is full grown?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)