|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men has the outpost lost in fighting?
2. What do the rescuers form when they reach the answer in question #32?
(a) A circle
(b) A new testudo
(c) A line to move against the enemy
(d) They don't form anything
3. What does his uncle say when Marcus says he has no pain?
(a) Says that he's happy
(b) Tells him to jump up on the garden wall
(c) Laughs at him
(d) Calls him a liar
4. What does the doctor tell Marcus about his injuries?
(a) That he needs more medical care in Rome
(b) To be patient and that his injuries will heal
(c) That he will never heal
(d) That he will be able to fight again
5. How does Marcus feel towards Esca?
(a) He considers him a friend
(b) He thinks he's stupid
(c) He thinks he needs more training
(d) He thinks he's a good slave
6. What's the name of the garrison Surgeon?
7. How does Cradoc earn his living?
(a) Cutting trees
(c) Building small boats
(d) By hunting
8. Who does Marcus see approaching the fort?
(a) Another tribe
(b) A group of Druids welding magic
(c) Another Roman legion
(d) A half Century patrol
9. What did the collapse of the first chariot do in the fight?
(a) Sent the others into the wall
(b) Hit the Roman patrol and stop them
(c) It stopped the others
(d) Spur the tribes to greater fighting
10. What's the name of Marcus's wolf?
11. What do her aunt and uncle call her?
12. What does she say about visiting?
(a) She thought Marcus was cute
(b) She wanted to come every day
(c) Her aunt insists proper young Roman maidens do not visit strangers
(d) She really liked playing with the wolf
13. What is one of the activities Marcus does when not drilling with the troops?
(a) Reading novels
(b) He goes on hunts
(c) Playing dice
(d) Driving wagons
14. What does Esca do doing the surgery?
(a) Visits with Cottia
(b) Restrains Cub
(c) Goes on a hunt to get out of the house
(d) Bring hot water and linens and assists the surgeon
15. What does Marcus say Rome has brought to Britain?
(a) Order, justice and good roads
(b) Trade and money
(d) Peace and properity
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else is coming with the guest?
2. In Chapter 9, what do Esca and Marcus do with Cub once he is full grown?
3. What does Marcus do about the new danger?
4. What will happen to the gladiator whose life Marcus saved?
5. What does he tell Marcus when asked about the answer in question 20?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)