|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the insignia of the second legion?
(a) A lion
(b) Two hawks in flight
(c) A jumping horse
(d) The Capricorn
2. In the fight between the net man and the swordsman who wins?
(a) No one, they never fought
(b) It was a draw
(c) The swordsman
(d) The net man
3. What does Marcus's uncle do about his request in question 87?
(a) Tells Marcus to do it himself
(b) Tells Marcus he will next year
(c) Says no way
(d) Reluctantly complies
4. When talking about his childhood what does Esca reveal to Marcus about Rome?
(a) That Rome and Britain's soldiers are similar
(b) That the tribes hate Rome
(c) He saw a Roman Legion march north
(d) That Rome will never completely subdue Britain
5. What has been the result of the surgery Marcus had on his leg?
(a) It's healed now, but twisted and scarred
(b) The pain is gone
(c) It's almost like it had never been injured
(d) The infection is healed
6. What does Marcus think about the men of the village who were killed?
(a) All eternity will not bring back the young men
(b) It was their fault for fighting
(c) That they were stupid
(d) That they were brave
7. What does Marcus think he might have to do for work?
(a) A rich man's secretary
(b) Become a stage actor
(c) Train dogs
(d) Writing poetry
8. What happens when Marcus does the wager?
(a) He wins it
(b) It is a tie
(c) He is stopped by Cradoc's wife
(d) He falls flat on his face
9. What will the gladiator be doing for Marcus?
(a) Writing letters, reading to him
(c) Body guard
(d) Personal body slave
10. In Chapter 9, Marcus's uncle is expecting a dinner guest. Who is it?
(a) The Legate of the Sixth Legion
(b) Marcus's brother
(c) An old friend from childhood
(d) Marcus's father
11. What does Cottia say about the surgery?
(a) That is informed as soon as it's completed
(b) She wants to nurse him afterwards
(c) She's sorry he has to have it done
(d) She wants to assist
12. What does Esca do doing the surgery?
(a) Bring hot water and linens and assists the surgeon
(b) Restrains Cub
(c) Goes on a hunt to get out of the house
(d) Visits with Cottia
13. What does the item in question 82 have on it?
(a) A Druid symbol
(b) A ship and anchor
(c) A pattern that flows like wind and stars
(d) Two wolves
14. What does Galarius do about Marcus's leg?
(a) Wraps it in hot compresses
(b) Says he has to amputate
(c) Performs surgery to remove wood splinters still in it
(d) Puts it in another splint
15. Besides the spear wound what else is wrong with Marcus?
(a) His kidneys are destroyed
(b) His right thigh is shattered
(c) He has a broken nose
(d) He has a fractured skull
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes the Tribune's attitude towards Marcus?
2. What is Tartarus?
3. How long did Marcus have his command?
4. Of what is Cottia most proud?
5. How does Marcus feel towards Esca?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)