|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is leading the answer in question #29?
(a) Chariots of the Britains
(b) A Druid priest
(c) Some women from the village
(d) A Roman deserter
2. What is the insignia of the second legion?
(a) The Capricorn
(b) A lion
(c) Two hawks in flight
(d) A jumping horse
3. Who leads the cohort?
(a) Cohort second Pontia
(b) No one
(c) Centurion Marcus Flavius Aquila
(d) Legate Dominon Tulla
4. Where does Marcus have a spear wound?
(a) On his arm
(b) In his stomach
(c) In his shoulder
(d) His left leg
5. What kind of hunt does Marcus allow Esca to join?
(a) Boar hunt
(b) Bear hunt
(c) Deer hunt
(d) Wolf hunt
6. What does Marcus do before asking Esca to accompany him?
(a) Gives Esca a horse
(b) Asks Esca to swear loyalty to Rome
(c) Gives Esca a new spear
(d) Presents Esca with manumission papers, freeing him from slavery
7. How has the village been punished?
(a) The women were sold into slavery
(b) The huts are destroyed, and the fields are salted
(c) All the males over 13 were killed
(d) The tribe was exiled to the north
8. What does Marcus plant to replant in the future?
(a) A rose bush that was planted in a wine jar
(b) Grape vines that died
(c) A tree that was cut down accidentally
(d) The wheat fields outside the fort
9. What adorns the standard of the marchers?
(a) A laurel wreath
(b) Nothing, it has not yet won any awards
(c) A bunch of wysteria
(d) Olive branches
10. In Chapter 9, Marcus's uncle is expecting a dinner guest. Who is it?
(a) The Legate of the Sixth Legion
(b) Marcus's brother
(c) Marcus's father
(d) An old friend from childhood
11. How does Tribune Servius Placidus act towards Marcus?
(b) Warm and friendly
(c) Like he admired him
(d) Like a brother
12. What is one of the activities Marcus does when not drilling with the troops?
(a) Reading novels
(b) He goes on hunts
(c) Driving wagons
(d) Playing dice
13. What is Marcus awarded for bravery?
(a) A gold striped toga
(b) Two horses
(c) A gold military bracelet
(d) A silver leaf necklace
14. Who does the uncle talk to about Marcus's leg?
(a) The surgeon from the second legion
(b) A tribal medicine woman
(c) An old friend, Rufus Galarius
(d) A physician from Rome
15. Who planted the answer to question #13 and why?
(a) The wife of the present commander
(b) No one knows how it got there
(c) A homesick former commander
(d) A soldier whose brother was killed
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what do Esca and Marcus do with Cub once he is full grown?
2. What do the rescuers form when they reach the answer in question #32?
3. What cohort did the leader's father command?
4. How did Esca become enslaved?
5. How long has it been, when his uncle calls another surgeon, since Marcus was injured?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)