Short Essay Questions Key
1. Describe Marcus Flavius Aquila.
2. What has happened to Marcus's family?
3. What does Quintus Hilarion, the Pilus Prior Centurion tell Marcus, who is replacing him?
4. What does Marcus consider his true home and why?
5. What does the war spear in Chapter two mean to the story?
6. Describe the local population's relationship with Rome.
7. Describe the relationship between Marcus and Cradoc.
8. Why did Cradoc and Marcus make a wager and what was the result?
9. Describe a testudo and what it does.
10. How does Marcus show his concern for his men?
11. Describe what happens when Marcus sees the patrol coming back to the outpost.
12. How do Romans place seasoned and new soldiers in formation?
13. Describe how Marcus fares after his heroic attack on the chariot.
14. What did Marcus's attack do for the Roman legion?
15. How is the rebelling village punished and how does Marcus feel about the village?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)