|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20 Valedictory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the swordsman?
(a) He kills the net man
(b) The net man kills him
(c) Marcus persudes the crowds to let him live
(d) He stumbles and falls on his sword
2. Who do they meet up with when they come out of the river?
(a) More tribal people
(c) A Roman cohort
(d) No one
3. In the opening of the book, who is marching along a British road?
(a) The Auxiliary cohort of the Second Roman Legion
(b) A tribe from north Britain
(c) Soldiers from Caledonia
(d) A merchant's caravan
4. What does Marcus think he might have to do for work?
(a) Train dogs
(b) Writing poetry
(c) Become a stage actor
(d) A rich man's secretary
5. What happened to the Ninth legion, in the end?
(a) They fled to Germany
(b) They dispersed throughout Britain
(c) The tribes hunted the Legion all the way south
(d) They returned to Rome
Short Answer Questions
1. How has the village been punished?
2. What adorns the standard of the marchers?
3. What did Esca's father do before he was enslaved?
4. What does Marcus do about those who are approaching the fort?
5. How many other cohorts has the leader in question #5 lead?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)