|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20: "Valedictory".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of trees are described in Chapter 11 as smelling like honey?
(a) Rowan trees.
(b) Apple trees.
(c) Maple trees.
(d) Cherry trees.
2. What do the Celts call Caledonia?
3. What is engraved on the gold bracelet that is bestowed to Marcus in Chapter 5 (56)?
(a) "Semper Fi."
(b) "Pia Semper."
(c) "Pia Fidelis."
(d) "Ultum omniscium."
4. Who is said to have discovered Marcus's ring-brooch by the loch in Chapter 19?
5. What word from Chapter 9 means a feeling of unease or embarrassment?
Short Answer Questions
1. What bird do Marcus and Esca encounter in their escape in Chapter 18?
2. Who does Marcus tell to muster the squadron and hold them in readiness in Chapter 3?
3. What word refers to an ancient Roman silver coin, originally worth ten asses?
4. What false name does Marcus give to the guards at the North Gate in Chapter 11?
5. What is the name of Marcus's mare that he takes on his mission?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)