|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20: "Valedictory".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how long should it take reinforcements to reach Marcus's garrison after the smoke signal has been sent up in Chapter 3?
(a) Nine to ten days.
(b) Five to six days.
(c) Four to five days.
(d) Two to three days.
2. What gemstone is in the ring that Marcus receives in Chapter 19?
3. Where does Uncle Aquila say Cottia has gone for the winter in Chapter 20?
(c) Aquae Sulis.
4. Who is the Commanding Officer that Marcus has the Optio take him to see in Chapter 19?
(a) Centurion Drusillus.
(b) Centurion Cassius.
(c) Centurion Pilum.
(d) Centurion Herpinius.
5. In how many days' time does Placidus say he will board the galley in Chapter 9?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Six days.
(d) One day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rufrius Galarius provide for Marcus when he set out on his mission in the North?
2. What is the name of the Surgeon of Marcus's garrison that tends to him in Chapter 4?
3. What word from Chapter 14 refers to honey mead made by the Celtic Druids?
4. What was the name of Cradoc's wife?
5. Who does Marcus tell to muster the squadron and hold them in readiness in Chapter 3?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)