|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20: "Valedictory".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who commands the fort's one squadron of Dacian Horse, according to the narrator in Chapter 2?
(c) Centurion Pilus Prior.
2. What more than anything else is said to bring a woman the envy of her neighbors in Chapter 13?
(a) A rickshaw.
(b) A gold ring.
(c) A bronze cauldron.
(d) A wheeled wagon.
3. What beloved game of Legionairies and gladiators does Marcus teach Cottia in Chapter 8?
(a) "Hide and Seek."
(b) "Jump and Run."
(c) "Flash the Fingers."
4. What is indicated by the appearance of the Eagle in the far North in Chapter 10?
(a) It indicates that the Eagle is a fake.
(b) It indicates that the Hispana mutinied and killed their leaders.
(c) It indicates that the Hispana sold the Eagle.
(d) It indicates that the Hispana went down fighting.
5. What color is the harebell that Marcus observes in Chapter 18?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Marcus and Esca drop off their horses upon arriving home in Calleva?
2. What is the name of the book that Uncle Aquila has been writing for ten years, according to the narrator in Chapter 5?
3. How long has it been since Marcus's surgery in the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. What display of submission does Cub show when he returns home in Chapter 9?
5. Who is said to have discovered Marcus's ring-brooch by the loch in Chapter 19?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)