|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20: "Valedictory".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocks Placidus about Marcus in Chapter 9?
(a) He is shocked to learn he was a Centurion.
(b) He is shocked that Marcus is alive.
(c) He is shocked to learn that he is related to the emperor.
(d) He is shocked that Marcus has not married.
2. Who is the contractor's son who drives a chariot in Chapter 6?
(a) Lucius Urbanus.
3. What is the only weapon of the tribesmen's that Marcus takes with him in Chapter 19?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A spear.
(c) A sword.
(d) A shield.
4. What do the Celts call Caledonia?
5. Where is the secret path that Guern leads Marcus and Esca through in Chapter 18?
(a) Across the forest trees.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In a bog.
(d) In a cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Uncle Aquila say Cottia has gone for the winter in Chapter 20?
2. What does the Chieftan's father show Marcus that he took from his greatest battle ever in Chapter 15?
3. Who goes to fetch Esca the slave and bring him to Uncle Aquila's home in Chapter 6?
4. How long does Claudius Hieronimianus say it has been since he left the Fretensis in Chapter 10?
5. Whose name is chanted by Marcus's battalion as they drive at the tribesmen with swords in Chapter 3?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)