|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20 Valedictory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marcus recognize the man with the dinner guest?
(a) From Esca's description
(b) He relieved Marcus at the Second Legion
(c) He saw him at the Saturnalia games
(d) They went to officer's school together
2. What will Marcus win if he is successful?
(a) A new bow
(b) A hunting spear
(c) A staff of English oak
(d) A horse
3. What did Maximus recommend for the fourth cohort?
(a) Extra wine for a month
(b) Punishment for all the men who survived
(c) Extra rations for a week
(d) A gilded laurel wreath
4. Who is in charge of the fort at Borcovicus where Marcus and Esca come to the wall?
(a) Centurion Maximus
(b) Tribune Placidus
(c) Legate Stephanos
(d) Drusillus, Marcus's old second with the Legion
5. Where does Marcus go when he's discharged from the legion?
(a) Back to Rome
(b) He goes to live with his uncle
(c) To his brother's house
(d) To the legion's academy to teach
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tribune Servius Placidus act towards Marcus?
2. Who planted the answer to question #13 and why?
3. Why are they hunting ?
4. From where did Esca know him?
5. What does Marcus say Rome has brought to Britain?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)