|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20: "Valedictory".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how long should it take reinforcements to reach Marcus's garrison after the smoke signal has been sent up in Chapter 3?
(a) Five to six days.
(b) Four to five days.
(c) Two to three days.
(d) Nine to ten days.
2. What kind of trees are described in Chapter 11 as smelling like honey?
(a) Cherry trees.
(b) Rowan trees.
(c) Maple trees.
(d) Apple trees.
3. What is Esca's full name?
(a) Esca Lutorius.
(b) Esca Lutus Procyon.
(c) Esca Mac Cunoval.
(d) Esca Clodius Maximus.
4. Who is the contractor's son who drives a chariot in Chapter 6?
(c) Lucius Urbanus.
5. What kind of ancestry is suggested by Placidus's appearance in Chapter 9?
(a) Gaul ancestry.
(b) Celtic ancestry.
(c) Athenian ancestry.
(d) Georgian ancestry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is referred to in Chapter 4 as "A most efficient officer ... with the air of a grey-headed Legate" (52)?
2. What is the name of the Legate of the Sixth Legion that visits Uncle Aquila in Chapter 9?
3. What word from Chapter 3 refers to a javelin that was commonly used by the Roman army and generally was about six feet long?
4. What word from the novel refers to an open-roofed central court in an ancient Roman home?
5. What does the spear that Esca carries mark him as, according to the narrator in Chapter 6?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)