|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20 Valedictory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Legate mention about Eburacum in Chapter 10?
(a) That the grape harvest was good that year
(b) That it is still haunted by the disappearance of the ninth legion
(c) That there is land there for Marcus
(d) That Rome plans to set up a new governor
2. Why does Guern think so much bad happened to the Ninth Legion?
(a) The Druids cursed them
(b) Their Tribune was incompetent
(c) The Queen of the Iceni, Boudicca cursed the Legion
(d) They were a rag tag unit
3. What does Marcus build while they are resting at noon on their first day past the wall?
(a) A temple to Artemis
(b) A tall staff
(c) A small altar to Mithras
(d) A lean-to
4. What does the doctor tell Marcus about his injuries?
(a) That he will be able to fight again
(b) That he needs more medical care in Rome
(c) To be patient and that his injuries will heal
(d) That he will never heal
5. What is Marcus's hope about finding the Eagle?
(a) That he would find the Eagle
(b) If the Eagle could be found and returned, the Second Legion might be re-formed
(c) That the ninth is not all dead
(d) That his father might be with the Eagle
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of hunt does Marcus allow Esca to join?
2. What does Marcus think about the men of the village who were killed?
3. How does Cradoc earn his living?
4. When talking about his childhood what does Esca reveal to Marcus about Rome?
5. What clues Marcus in to Guern's identity?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)