|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: "The Wild Hunt".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the age difference between Uncle Aquila and Marcus's father?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 15 years.
2. What kind of ancestry is suggested by Placidus's appearance in Chapter 9?
(a) Celtic ancestry.
(b) Gaul ancestry.
(c) Georgian ancestry.
(d) Athenian ancestry.
3. What animal is the hunting party that Marcus encounters bringing back to their village in Chapter 14?
(a) A deer.
(b) An elk.
(c) A goat.
(d) A boar.
4. Who does Marcus tell to muster the squadron and hold them in readiness in Chapter 3?
(a) Centurion Esca.
(c) Centurion Lutorius.
5. What false name does Marcus give to the guards at the North Gate in Chapter 11?
(a) Demetrius of Alexandria.
(b) Centurion Paulus.
(c) Lurorius of Lethe.
(d) The Quartermaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the word "Tophet" (40) refer to in Chapter 3?
2. What word from Chapter 9 means a feeling of unease or embarrassment?
3. Who is referred to in Chapter 4 as "A most efficient officer ... with the air of a grey-headed Legate" (52)?
4. Who does Uncle Aquila refer to as the fat physician in Chapter 5?
5. What is the name of the family dog that Marcus describes at his family's farm in Chapter 8?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)