|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: "The Wild Hunt".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Centurion Drusillus suggest calling in reinforcements from in Chapter 3?
2. What had an artist of a long-departed garrison etch into the bath-house wall, according to the narrator in Chapter 2?
(a) A wild cat.
(b) A snake.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A dragon.
3. Where does Marcus recall having seen Cottia before when he meets her in Chapter 7?
(a) At the Saturnalia Games.
(b) At her mother's wedding.
(c) At the bakery.
(d) At the Roman temple.
4. How long ago does Guern say it was when the men of the Legion carried out the Procurator's order to dispossess the Queen of the Iceni?
(a) 20 years ago.
(b) 60 years ago.
(c) 10 years ago.
(d) 200 years ago.
5. Where does Marcus claim to be from when he is talking with the Chieftan's grandfather in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from the novel refers to Celtic peoples inhabiting present day France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Switzerland and other areas of Europe?
2. What is the talisman shaped like that Marcus wears on his forehead in Chapter 11?
3. Who was the legendary founder of the Mycenae and of the Perseid dynasty of Danaans in Greek mythology?
4. What word in Chapter 12 refers to a flat quick bread baked or cooked from grain?
5. What word from Chapter 14 refers to honey mead made by the Celtic Druids?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)