|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: "The Wild Hunt".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the age difference between Uncle Aquila and Marcus's father?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 20 years.
2. What rank are Legion Commanders almost always, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
(a) Layman's rank.
(b) Senator's rank.
(c) Governor's rank.
(d) Emperor's rank.
3. Who does Cottia insist Marcus send to tell her after his surgery is over in Chapter 8?
4. Whose name is chanted by Marcus's battalion as they drive at the tribesmen with swords in Chapter 3?
5. What word refers to an ancient Roman silver coin, originally worth ten asses?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Cottia's nurse?
2. Who is referred to in Chapter 4 as "A most efficient officer ... with the air of a grey-headed Legate" (52)?
3. What kind of war does Centurion Quintus Hilarion say is "ever the most deadly kind, for it recks nothing of consequences" (15) in Chapter 1?
4. Whom does Esca refer to as "the Light of the Sun" (82) in Chapter 6?
5. What does the Eagle represent symbolically to Marcus?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)