|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: "The Wild Hunt".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does Esca say he has been a slave in Chapter 6?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Two years.
2. What is the purpose of the red coral bead that is adorned about the neck of the baby in Chapter 13?
(a) To ward off the Evil Eye.
(b) To grant hospitality.
(c) To ensure a good suitor.
(d) To bring the family wealth.
3. How do the gods show themselves, according to the narrator in Chapter 3?
(a) In full moons.
(b) In the stars.
(c) In the sun.
(d) In new moons.
4. What kind of trees are described in Chapter 11 as smelling like honey?
(a) Rowan trees.
(b) Maple trees.
(c) Apple trees.
(d) Cherry trees.
5. What word from Chapter 3 refers to a javelin that was commonly used by the Roman army and generally was about six feet long?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does the garrison Surgeon say Marcus has been sleeping when he awakens in Chapter 4?
2. What does the Latin word "testudo" refer to?
3. Who will take command of the fort until Marcus's relief can be sent from Isca in Chapter 4?
4. Who enters to lead the Legate and Placidus to their quarters in the end of Chapter 9?
5. Who is Marcus's successor that is sent in from Isca in Chapter 4?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)