|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: "The Wild Hunt".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does Esca say he has been a slave in Chapter 6?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
2. What does Marcus offer in a bet to Cradoc in Chapter 2?
(a) A bird.
(b) A pocketwatch.
(c) A ring.
(d) A brooch.
3. Who is referred to as the father of all ills in Chapter 1?
4. What does the Latin word "testudo" refer to?
(a) A snake.
(b) A tortoise.
(c) A horse.
(d) A dragon.
5. What former Roman province is Marcus setting out for in his mission in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Cohort Commander that leads the Auxiliaries down the road in Chapter 1?
2. What kind of ancestry is suggested by Placidus's appearance in Chapter 9?
3. What does Esca say he traded a black piglet for in Chapter 17?
4. Who commands the fort's one squadron of Dacian Horse, according to the narrator in Chapter 2?
5. What word from Chapter 14 refers to honey mead made by the Celtic Druids?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)