|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: "The Wild Hunt".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since Marcus's surgery in the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Six months.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
2. Who is the cook at Uncle Aquila's home?
3. Approximately how long should it take reinforcements to reach Marcus's garrison after the smoke signal has been sent up in Chapter 3?
(a) Four to five days.
(b) Two to three days.
(c) Five to six days.
(d) Nine to ten days.
4. What does the word "Tophet" (40) refer to in Chapter 3?
5. What word in Chapter 12 refers to a flat quick bread baked or cooked from grain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Legion "had been Marcus's shining goal for as long as he could remember" (9) according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
2. What do the Celts call Caledonia?
3. What word from the novel refers to Celtic peoples inhabiting present day France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Switzerland and other areas of Europe?
4. Who is the Tribune that Esca describes getting into a quarrel with at the wolf-hunt in Chapter 6?
5. What type of design is described on Marcus's dagger sheath in Chapter 7?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)