|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: "The Feast of the New Spears".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is indicated by the appearance of the Eagle in the far North in Chapter 10?
(a) It indicates that the Eagle is a fake.
(b) It indicates that the Hispana mutinied and killed their leaders.
(c) It indicates that the Hispana went down fighting.
(d) It indicates that the Hispana sold the Eagle.
2. What does Marcus offer in a bet to Cradoc in Chapter 2?
(a) A ring.
(b) A brooch.
(c) A bird.
(d) A pocketwatch.
3. What does the Latin word "testudo" refer to?
(a) A horse.
(b) A snake.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A tortoise.
4. What is the name of Uncle Aquila's old Greek body-slave?
5. When does the narrator say is always the time to look for trouble in Chapter 2?
(a) A good harvest.
(b) A bad harvest.
(c) A sun festival.
(d) A long rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Marcus's father just been appointed as on his last departure, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
2. What does the word "cockcrow" (44) refer to in Chapter 4?
3. What is the name of the book that Uncle Aquila has been writing for ten years, according to the narrator in Chapter 5?
4. Whose image is displayed on the sesterce of Marcus's in Chapter 12?
5. What city now sits at the location of the historic Eburacum?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)