|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 The Feast of the New Spears.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That summer what area do Marcus and Esca crisscross?
(a) The Province of Stutta
(b) The Province of Valentia
(c) The villages along the Yaka River
(d) The Province of Yaka
2. What is the purpose of Hadrian's wall?
(a) To give travellers a place to rest
(b) To keep the northern tribes from invading
(c) To tame the forests
(d) To keep back mud slides
3. How did Esca become enslaved?
(a) He was caught cheating at cards
(b) He killed a Roman horse
(c) He stoled from a Roman legate
(d) The clan rose against their overlords and lost
4. What happens when Marcus does the wager?
(a) It is a tie
(b) He is stopped by Cradoc's wife
(c) He falls flat on his face
(d) He wins it
5. How many other cohorts has the leader in question #5 lead?
(a) He lead the ninth cohort
(b) The cohort is his first command
(c) This is his third command
(d) He has been second in command twice
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides the spear wound what else is wrong with Marcus?
2. What adorns the standard of the marchers?
3. How has the village been punished?
4. What will happen to the gladiator whose life Marcus saved?
5. In Chapter 9, Marcus's uncle is expecting a dinner guest. Who is it?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)