|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: "The Feast of the New Spears".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from the novel refers to a civil officer or lay judge that administers the law?
2. Who does Cottia insist Marcus send to tell her after his surgery is over in Chapter 8?
3. What is the name of Cottia's nurse?
4. What is the name of the Chieftan's maternal grandfather in Chapter 14?
5. Where has Marcus's wolf cub been put during his surgery in Chapter 8?
(a) The storeroom.
(b) The study.
(c) The attic.
(d) Cottia's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the spear that Esca carries mark him as, according to the narrator in Chapter 6?
2. What was the name of Uncle Aquila's dog that is buried at Luguvallium?
3. Who enters to lead the Legate and Placidus to their quarters in the end of Chapter 9?
4. How long ago does Guern say it was when the men of the Legion carried out the Procurator's order to dispossess the Queen of the Iceni?
5. To what god does Marcus pray in Chapter 3?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)