|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 The Feast of the New Spears.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcus build while they are resting at noon on their first day past the wall?
(a) A temple to Artemis
(b) A small altar to Mithras
(c) A lean-to
(d) A tall staff
2. What does Esca show Marcus to support his position?
(a) A map of Britain with Rome's positions
(b) The number of Britains who have died due to Rome
(c) A Celtic shield boss
(d) A scar going down his front from a Roman soldier
3. What does Marcus do about the new danger?
(a) He throws his spear at them
(b) He pushes his men to run faster
(c) He throws himself on the leader and falls in battle
(d) He has the archers fire on the new enemy
4. What kind of rumor has the Legate heard about the ninth?
(a) That one of the northern Celtic tribes keeps the Hispana's Eagle on display
(b) That it never actually went north
(c) That the Centurion that headed it was still alive
(d) That it was slaughtered to the last man
5. What does Marcus plant to replant in the future?
(a) A tree that was cut down accidentally
(b) A rose bush that was planted in a wine jar
(c) Grape vines that died
(d) The wheat fields outside the fort
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he tell Marcus when asked about the answer in question 20?
2. How long did Marcus have his command?
3. Why does the Chieftain invite Marcus and Esca to his home?
4. What clues Marcus in to Guern's identity?
5. What does Marcus think about the men of the village who were killed?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)