|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 The Feast of the New Spears.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That summer what area do Marcus and Esca crisscross?
(a) The Province of Valentia
(b) The villages along the Yaka River
(c) The Province of Yaka
(d) The Province of Stutta
2. Who does Marcus see in the garden when playing with the wolf cub?
(a) Tribune Placidus
(b) Esca talking to a Britain woman
(c) A slender girl of about thirteen peering over the hedge
(d) His uncle
3. Who insulted Esca at the hunt?
(a) The local mayor
(b) A young Tribune named Placidus
(c) A centurion from the eighth legion
(d) Cottia's father
4. In the opening of the book, who is marching along a British road?
(a) The Auxiliary cohort of the Second Roman Legion
(b) A merchant's caravan
(c) Soldiers from Caledonia
(d) A tribe from north Britain
5. Besides the spear wound what else is wrong with Marcus?
(a) He has a fractured skull
(b) He has a broken nose
(c) His kidneys are destroyed
(d) His right thigh is shattered
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cradoc keep in reserve away from Marcus?
2. Why does Guern think so much bad happened to the Ninth Legion?
3. What will happen to the gladiator whose life Marcus saved?
4. In Chapter 3, after noises heard, what does Marcus order the cohort to do?
5. What is the tune he begins to sing?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)