|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 The Feast of the New Spears.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That summer what area do Marcus and Esca crisscross?
(a) The Province of Valentia
(b) The villages along the Yaka River
(c) The Province of Stutta
(d) The Province of Yaka
2. Who does Marcus see approaching the fort?
(a) Another Roman legion
(b) A half Century patrol
(c) Another tribe
(d) A group of Druids welding magic
3. What does Marcus do before asking Esca to accompany him?
(a) Gives Esca a horse
(b) Gives Esca a new spear
(c) Asks Esca to swear loyalty to Rome
(d) Presents Esca with manumission papers, freeing him from slavery
4. What was Esca's father's position in the tribe?
(a) Son of the chieftess
(c) No one in particular
5. What does Marcus notice about the item in question #20?
(a) The spear is shorter than the one Marcus takes
(b) The heron's feathers decorating the spear are new
(c) It is painted black with white stripes
(d) It has a bow in it
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marcus travels amongst the barbarians?
2. What do Marcus and Esca generally eat for noon break?
3. What is the name of the gladiator that Marcus buys?
4. What does Marcus do with the tiny bird he carved from olive wood at home in Etruria?
5. What is the tune he begins to sing?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)