|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 The Feast of the New Spears.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcus do before asking Esca to accompany him?
(a) Asks Esca to swear loyalty to Rome
(b) Gives Esca a new spear
(c) Presents Esca with manumission papers, freeing him from slavery
(d) Gives Esca a horse
2. What does Marcus do about the new danger?
(a) He has the archers fire on the new enemy
(b) He throws himself on the leader and falls in battle
(c) He pushes his men to run faster
(d) He throws his spear at them
3. How long has it been, when his uncle calls another surgeon, since Marcus was injured?
(a) About two months
(b) Four months
(c) Almost a year
(d) A year and a half
4. In Chapter 9, Marcus's uncle is expecting a dinner guest. Who is it?
(a) The Legate of the Sixth Legion
(b) Marcus's brother
(c) An old friend from childhood
(d) Marcus's father
5. What happens when Marcus does the wager?
(a) It is a tie
(b) He wins it
(c) He is stopped by Cradoc's wife
(d) He falls flat on his face
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the collapse of the first chariot do in the fight?
2. How does Marcus travels amongst the barbarians?
3. In the morning near Trinomontium what do they hear?
4. Who planted the answer to question #13 and why?
5. Who does Marcus see approaching the fort?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)