|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: "Tribune Placidus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marcus tell Esca he bought his dagger in Chapter 7?
2. For how long does the garrison Surgeon say Marcus has been sleeping when he awakens in Chapter 4?
(a) Three or four days.
(b) Two or three days.
(c) One or two days.
(d) Six or seven days.
3. Who does Marcus tell to muster the squadron and hold them in readiness in Chapter 3?
(b) Centurion Esca.
(c) Centurion Lutorius.
4. What Legion "had been Marcus's shining goal for as long as he could remember" (9) according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
(a) A German Legion.
(b) A Greek Legion.
(c) An Egyptian Legion.
(d) A British Legion.
5. What game does "draughts" refer to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Romans apply to their enemies' land so that crops would be destroyed?
2. In how many days' time does Placidus say he will board the galley in Chapter 9?
3. How old was Uncle Aquila's only love when she died?
4. Who is Marcus's second-in-command?
5. Who is the contractor's son who drives a chariot in Chapter 6?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)