|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Tribune Placidus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adorns the standard of the marchers?
(a) A laurel wreath
(b) Olive branches
(c) A bunch of wysteria
(d) Nothing, it has not yet won any awards
2. What does Marcus say Rome has brought to Britain?
(b) Trade and money
(c) Peace and properity
(d) Order, justice and good roads
3. What will happen to the gladiator whose life Marcus saved?
(a) He'll rest and fight another day
(b) He'll be sold on the slave block
(c) He'll be freed, he's a lousy fighter
(d) He'll be killed
4. How has the village been punished?
(a) The huts are destroyed, and the fields are salted
(b) The tribe was exiled to the north
(c) All the males over 13 were killed
(d) The women were sold into slavery
5. How does Marcus feel towards Esca?
(a) He thinks he needs more training
(b) He considers him a friend
(c) He thinks he's stupid
(d) He thinks he's a good slave
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Esca's father's position in the tribe?
2. What do Marcus and Esca argue about?
3. What does Esca say to Marcus's assertion about the good Rome has done for Britain?
4. What happens when Marcus does the wager?
5. Where does Marcus have a spear wound?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)