|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: "Tribune Placidus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose name is chanted by Marcus's battalion as they drive at the tribesmen with swords in Chapter 3?
2. From what tribe does Esca hail?
(a) The Atrebates.
(b) The Belgae.
(c) The Catuvellauni.
(d) The Brigantes.
3. What Centurion does the narrator say is overfond of using his vine-staff on his men's backs in Chapter 2?
(a) Centurion Paulus.
(b) Centurion Pilus Prior.
(c) Centurion Aquila.
(d) Centurion Lutorius.
4. What word from the novel refers to a civil officer or lay judge that administers the law?
5. How old was Uncle Aquila's only love when she died?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Esca say he has been a slave in Chapter 6?
2. What was Cottia's father doing when he was killed?
3. How long has it been since Marcus's surgery in the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. What trait identifies Esca as a slave?
5. What shapes on the shield-boss does Esca say expresses the nature of his people in Chapter 7?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)