|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: "Tribune Placidus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Uncle Aquila's old Greek body-slave?
2. What is the name of the family dog that Marcus describes at his family's farm in Chapter 8?
3. How is Cub's collar described?
(a) It is chain-link.
(b) It is bronze-studded.
(c) It is gold-studded.
(d) It is studded with gems.
4. What trait identifies Esca as a slave?
(a) A chain on his neck.
(b) A clipped ear.
(c) An earring.
(d) A branding.
5. What word in Chapter 6 refers to an ancient Roman coin that equals one quarter of a denarius?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Tribune that Esca describes getting into a quarrel with at the wolf-hunt in Chapter 6?
2. What display of submission does Cub show when he returns home in Chapter 9?
3. What shapes on the shield-boss does Esca say expresses the nature of his people in Chapter 7?
4. Who commands the fort's one squadron of Dacian Horse, according to the narrator in Chapter 2?
5. Where is the Legate of the Sixth Legion coming from on his way to Rome in Chapter 9?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)