|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: "Tribune Placidus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game does "draughts" refer to?
2. When does the narrator say is always the time to look for trouble in Chapter 2?
(a) A long rain.
(b) A bad harvest.
(c) A sun festival.
(d) A good harvest.
3. Near what ancient city did Marcus Flavius Aquila grow up with his mother on the family farm?
4. Where has Uncle Aquila invited Marcus to spend his leave with him in Chapter 1?
5. What had an artist of a long-departed garrison etch into the bath-house wall, according to the narrator in Chapter 2?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A snake.
(c) A wild cat.
(d) A dragon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shapes on the shield-boss does Esca say expresses the nature of his people in Chapter 7?
2. For how long does the garrison Surgeon say Marcus has been sleeping when he awakens in Chapter 4?
3. Who is the Commander of the relief force that has arrived to help Marcus's battalion fight the tribesmen in Chapter 4?
4. What does Esca describe the passing Legion carrying as they marched North in Chapter 6?
5. How many paces does Esca walk behind his master?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)