|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: "Tribune Placidus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Romans apply to their enemies' land so that crops would be destroyed?
2. What is initially found to be creating the noise outside of the fort in Chapter 3?
(c) Stray dogs.
(d) Stray cattle.
3. Who is the Cohort Commander that leads the Auxiliaries down the road in Chapter 1?
(a) Centurion Drusillus.
(b) Centurion Cassius.
(c) Centurion Pilus Prior.
(d) Centurion Herpinius.
4. Where has Uncle Aquila invited Marcus to spend his leave with him in Chapter 1?
5. What beloved game of Legionairies and gladiators does Marcus teach Cottia in Chapter 8?
(a) "Jump and Run."
(b) "Hide and Seek."
(d) "Flash the Fingers."
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from the novel refers to a civil officer or lay judge that administers the law?
2. Who is described in Chapter 2 as "a little red angry man who had missed promotion and grown overfull of his own importance in consequence" (19)?
3. Where does Rufrius Galarius have a medical practice?
4. What display of submission does Cub show when he returns home in Chapter 9?
5. What does Marcus tell his replacement commander he will do if he lets the Cohort go to ruin in Chapter 4?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)