|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 The Healer with the Knife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bad harvests years has Britain had before the opening of the book?
(a) Ten years
(b) Two years
(c) One year
(d) Four years
2. Where do Marcus and his uncle go for entertainment?
(a) To the ocean
(b) To Rome
(c) The Saturnalia Games
(d) To hike the mountains
3. What did Esca's father do before he was enslaved?
(a) A hunter
(b) A foot soldier
(c) A cook
(d) A charioteer
4. What adorns the standard of the marchers?
(a) A laurel wreath
(b) A bunch of wysteria
(c) Olive branches
(d) Nothing, it has not yet won any awards
5. Who takes him on the answer to question #15?
(a) A Briton guide named Cradoc
(b) A Druid woodsman
(c) He goes with his cohort
(d) One of the men under him
Short Answer Questions
1. When talking about his childhood what does Esca reveal to Marcus about Rome?
2. What does Marcus notice about the item in question #20?
3. What happened to the ninth legion?
4. What did Maximus recommend for the fourth cohort?
5. What do her aunt and uncle call her?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)