|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: "The Healer with the Knife".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of spirit does Galarius bring for Marcus to drink after his surgery in Chapter 8?
(a) Ginger spirit.
(b) Potato wine.
(c) Spiced rum.
(d) Barley spirit.
2. What word refers to an ancient Roman silver coin, originally worth ten asses?
3. What word from the novel refers to a civil officer or lay judge that administers the law?
4. How old was Uncle Aquila's only love when she died?
5. Where does Uncle Aquila say the only woman he ever cared for is buried in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from Chapter 3 refers to a javelin that was commonly used by the Roman army and generally was about six feet long?
2. What does Uncle Aquila say he used to hunt with Rufrius Galarius in Chapter 8?
3. What is the name of Uncle Aquila's old Greek body-slave?
4. What is Cradoc's profession?
5. From what tribe has Cottia and her family descended?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)