|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: "The Healer with the Knife".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Marcus's father just been appointed as on his last departure, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
(a) The First Legion of Egypt.
(b) The Sixth Legion of Egypt.
(c) First Cohort of the Hispania.
(d) The Praetorian Guard.
2. What word in Chapter 6 refers to an ancient Roman coin that equals one quarter of a denarius?
3. From what tribe has Cottia and her family descended?
(a) The Atrebate tribe.
(b) The Belgae tribe.
(c) The Catuvellauni tribe.
(d) The Iceni tribe.
4. What does the spear that Esca carries mark him as, according to the narrator in Chapter 6?
(a) A Centurion.
(b) A warrior.
(c) A freed slave.
(d) A personal slave.
5. What does Marcus call his wolf cub that he adopts?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcus suggest Cradoc put up to wager in their bet in Chapter 2?
2. Who does Cottia insist Marcus send to tell her after his surgery is over in Chapter 8?
3. Who goes to fetch Esca the slave and bring him to Uncle Aquila's home in Chapter 6?
4. What bird does Marcus observe when he first awakens in Chapter 4?
5. What city now sits at the location of the historic Eburacum?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)