|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 The Healer with the Knife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opening of the book, who is marching along a British road?
(a) A merchant's caravan
(b) The Auxiliary cohort of the Second Roman Legion
(c) Soldiers from Caledonia
(d) A tribe from north Britain
2. How long was Marcus semi-conscious after being injured?
(a) One month
(b) Ten hours
(c) About a week
(d) Two days
3. What kind of game does Marcus and his uncle play?
(c) The draughts
4. What is Marcus awarded for bravery?
(a) A silver leaf necklace
(b) A gold military bracelet
(c) A gold striped toga
(d) Two horses
5. What did Esca's father do before he was enslaved?
(a) A foot soldier
(b) A hunter
(c) A charioteer
(d) A cook
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Marcus's uncle do before he retired?
2. How long has it been, when his uncle calls another surgeon, since Marcus was injured?
3. What adorns the standard of the marchers?
4. What does Cradoc keep in reserve away from Marcus?
5. In Chapter 3 noise is heard outside the walls of the Roman legion outpost. What was the noise?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)