|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: "The Healer with the Knife".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from the novel refers to Celtic peoples inhabiting present day France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Switzerland and other areas of Europe?
2. What does Marcus call his wolf cub that he adopts?
3. What word refers to an ancient Roman silver coin, originally worth ten asses?
4. What does the garrison Surgeon give Marcus to drink after he awakens in Chapter 4?
5. Where does Centurion Drusillus suggest calling in reinforcements from in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rufrius Galarius have a medical practice?
2. Where has Uncle Aquila invited Marcus to spend his leave with him in Chapter 1?
3. Who was the legendary founder of the Mycenae and of the Perseid dynasty of Danaans in Greek mythology?
4. Who is the Tribune that Esca describes getting into a quarrel with at the wolf-hunt in Chapter 6?
5. What does Marcus tell his replacement commander he will do if he lets the Cohort go to ruin in Chapter 4?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)