|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: "The Healer with the Knife".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Centurion Drusillus suggest calling in reinforcements from in Chapter 3?
2. What kind of spirit does Galarius bring for Marcus to drink after his surgery in Chapter 8?
(a) Spiced rum.
(b) Potato wine.
(c) Barley spirit.
(d) Ginger spirit.
3. What does Cottia say her aunt and uncle call her in Chapter 7?
4. Where was Marcus sent upon arriving in Britain in late autumn, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
5. What does the Latin word "testudo" refer to?
(a) A snake.
(b) A tortoise.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Surgeon of Marcus's garrison that tends to him in Chapter 4?
2. What is the name of the family dog that Marcus describes at his family's farm in Chapter 8?
3. Who is the master of the circus slaves that Marcus goes to see in Chapter 6?
4. What word from Chapter 3 refers to a javelin that was commonly used by the Roman army and generally was about six feet long?
5. Where does Rufrius Galarius have a medical practice?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)