|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 The Healer with the Knife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the uncle talk to about Marcus's leg?
(a) An old friend, Rufus Galarius
(b) The surgeon from the second legion
(c) A tribal medicine woman
(d) A physician from Rome
2. What does Marcus's uncle do about his request in question 87?
(a) Says no way
(b) Reluctantly complies
(c) Tells Marcus to do it himself
(d) Tells Marcus he will next year
3. What did Maximus recommend for the fourth cohort?
(a) Extra rations for a week
(b) Punishment for all the men who survived
(c) A gilded laurel wreath
(d) Extra wine for a month
4. When does Marcus believe the gods show themselves?
(a) On full moons
(b) During a comet
(c) In new moons, seed-time, harvest and solstice
(d) When the water rises in the delta
5. How did Esca become enslaved?
(a) He killed a Roman horse
(b) He was caught cheating at cards
(c) He stoled from a Roman legate
(d) The clan rose against their overlords and lost
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Galarius do about Marcus's leg?
2. What does Marcus notice about the item in question #20?
3. What do Marcus and Esca argue about?
4. What kind of wager does Marcus and the answer to question #16 make?
5. What does she say about visiting?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)