|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: "Saturnalia Games".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Uncle Aquila's only love when she died?
2. What is the name of the Surgeon of Marcus's garrison that tends to him in Chapter 4?
3. What term refers to the elite unit of the Imperial Roman Army whose members serve as personal bodyguards to officials such as generals or governors?
(a) The First Cohort of the Hispania.
(b) The Garden Guard.
(c) The Praetorian Guard.
(d) The First Senate Guard.
4. Who does Uncle Aquila refer to as the fat physician in Chapter 5?
5. What was the name of Uncle Aquila's dog that is buried at Luguvallium?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Centurion Drusillus suggest calling in reinforcements from in Chapter 3?
2. What Legion "had been Marcus's shining goal for as long as he could remember" (9) according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
3. What is engraved on the gold bracelet that is bestowed to Marcus in Chapter 5 (56)?
4. Who will take command of the fort until Marcus's relief can be sent from Isca in Chapter 4?
5. Where is Centurion Quintus Hilarion's home?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)