|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: "Saturnalia Games".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from the novel refers to an open-roofed central court in an ancient Roman home?
2. How do the gods show themselves, according to the narrator in Chapter 3?
(a) In the sun.
(b) In the stars.
(c) In new moons.
(d) In full moons.
3. Who does Centurion Quintus Hilarion warn Marcus about in Chapter 1?
(a) The passing traders.
(b) The Catholic priests.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The Druids.
4. Who does Uncle Aquila refer to as the fat physician in Chapter 5?
5. What does Marcus tell his replacement commander he will do if he lets the Cohort go to ruin in Chapter 4?
(a) Poison his wine.
(b) Come and choke him.
(c) Never speak to him again.
(d) Kill his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the deep abyss used as a dungeon of torment from ancient Greek mythology that is referred to in Chapter 3?
2. What is the name of Kaeso's wife?
3. Whose name is chanted by Marcus's battalion as they drive at the tribesmen with swords in Chapter 3?
4. To what god does Marcus pray in Chapter 3?
5. What rank are Legion Commanders almost always, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)