|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: "Saturnalia Games".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Uncle Aquila invited Marcus to spend his leave with him in Chapter 1?
2. What bird does Marcus observe when he first awakens in Chapter 4?
(a) A crow.
(b) A pigeon.
(c) A raven.
(d) A turkey.
3. What does Marcus suggest Cradoc put up to wager in their bet in Chapter 2?
(a) A hunting spear.
(b) His cloak.
(c) His horses.
(d) A silver brooch.
4. What is initially found to be creating the noise outside of the fort in Chapter 3?
(b) Stray cattle.
(c) Stray dogs.
5. Who is referred to as the father of all ills in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Centurion does the narrator say is overfond of using his vine-staff on his men's backs in Chapter 2?
2. Where was Uncle Aquila when his time fell due for parting with the Eagles?
3. What had Marcus's father just been appointed as on his last departure, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
4. What word from Chapter 3 refers to a javelin that was commonly used by the Roman army and generally was about six feet long?
5. Whose name is chanted by Marcus's battalion as they drive at the tribesmen with swords in Chapter 3?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)