|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: "Saturnalia Games".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is referred to in Chapter 4 as "A most efficient officer ... with the air of a grey-headed Legate" (52)?
(a) Centurion Maximus.
(b) Centurion Cassius.
(c) Centurion Pilus Prior.
(d) Centurion Herpinius.
2. What is the name of the Surgeon of Marcus's garrison that tends to him in Chapter 4?
3. Who does Marcus tell to muster the squadron and hold them in readiness in Chapter 3?
(a) Centurion Lutorius.
(d) Centurion Esca.
4. What is the name of the book that Uncle Aquila has been writing for ten years, according to the narrator in Chapter 5?
(a) The Times of Julius Caesar.
(b) The Conquests of the Roman Empire.
(c) The Strategies of Celtic Warfare.
(d) The History of Siege Warfare.
5. Where was Uncle Aquila when his time fell due for parting with the Eagles?
(b) Roman Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Cohort Commander that leads the Auxiliaries down the road in Chapter 1?
2. Where has Uncle Aquila invited Marcus to spend his leave with him in Chapter 1?
3. Who does Uncle Aquila refer to as the fat physician in Chapter 5?
4. Whose name is chanted by Marcus's battalion as they drive at the tribesmen with swords in Chapter 3?
5. What does Marcus offer in a bet to Cradoc in Chapter 2?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)