|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: "Saturnalia Games".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Uncle Aquila's old Greek body-slave?
2. Near what ancient city did Marcus Flavius Aquila grow up with his mother on the family farm?
3. Who does Uncle Aquila refer to as the fat physician in Chapter 5?
4. What rank are Legion Commanders almost always, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
(a) Senator's rank.
(b) Governor's rank.
(c) Layman's rank.
(d) Emperor's rank.
5. What was the name of Uncle Aquila's dog that is buried at Luguvallium?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Uncle Aquila's elderly wolf-hound?
2. What does the Latin word "testudo" refer to?
3. Who is referred to as the father of all ills in Chapter 1?
4. What word from Chapter 3 refers to a javelin that was commonly used by the Roman army and generally was about six feet long?
5. What is the name of the deep abyss used as a dungeon of torment from ancient Greek mythology that is referred to in Chapter 3?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)