|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: "Attack!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how long should it take reinforcements to reach Marcus's garrison after the smoke signal has been sent up in Chapter 3?
(a) Nine to ten days.
(b) Four to five days.
(c) Two to three days.
(d) Five to six days.
2. What kind of war does Centurion Quintus Hilarion say is "ever the most deadly kind, for it recks nothing of consequences" (15) in Chapter 1?
(a) "War of revenge."
(b) "Holy war."
(c) "Global war."
(d) "Direct-contact war."
3. Who commands the fort's one squadron of Dacian Horse, according to the narrator in Chapter 2?
(d) Centurion Pilus Prior.
4. Whose name is chanted by Marcus's battalion as they drive at the tribesmen with swords in Chapter 3?
5. When does the narrator say is always the time to look for trouble in Chapter 2?
(a) A sun festival.
(b) A good harvest.
(c) A long rain.
(d) A bad harvest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marcus's second-in-command?
2. What had Marcus's father just been appointed as on his last departure, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
3. What Legion "had been Marcus's shining goal for as long as he could remember" (9) according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
4. What rank are Legion Commanders almost always, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
5. Near what ancient city did Marcus Flavius Aquila grow up with his mother on the family farm?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)