|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: "Attack!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Uncle Aquila invited Marcus to spend his leave with him in Chapter 1?
2. To what god does Marcus pray in Chapter 3?
3. Who is referred to as the father of all ills in Chapter 1?
4. What word from Chapter 3 refers to a javelin that was commonly used by the Roman army and generally was about six feet long?
5. What kind of war does Centurion Quintus Hilarion say is "ever the most deadly kind, for it recks nothing of consequences" (15) in Chapter 1?
(a) "Global war."
(b) "Direct-contact war."
(c) "War of revenge."
(d) "Holy war."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Centurion Quintus Hilarion's home?
2. What is initially found to be creating the noise outside of the fort in Chapter 3?
3. How do the gods show themselves, according to the narrator in Chapter 3?
4. What had Marcus's father just been appointed as on his last departure, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
5. What does Marcus suggest Cradoc put up to wager in their bet in Chapter 2?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)