|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: "Attack!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcus suggest Cradoc put up to wager in their bet in Chapter 2?
(a) A silver brooch.
(b) A hunting spear.
(c) His horses.
(d) His cloak.
2. How do the gods show themselves, according to the narrator in Chapter 3?
(a) In full moons.
(b) In new moons.
(c) In the sun.
(d) In the stars.
3. Who does Centurion Quintus Hilarion warn Marcus about in Chapter 1?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The passing traders.
(c) The Druids.
(d) The Catholic priests.
4. What is initially found to be creating the noise outside of the fort in Chapter 3?
(b) Stray dogs.
(c) Stray cattle.
5. What Legion "had been Marcus's shining goal for as long as he could remember" (9) according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
(a) A Greek Legion.
(b) A British Legion.
(c) An Egyptian Legion.
(d) A German Legion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Centurion Quintus Hilarion's home?
2. Who does Marcus tell to muster the squadron and hold them in readiness in Chapter 3?
3. What term refers to the elite unit of the Imperial Roman Army whose members serve as personal bodyguards to officials such as generals or governors?
4. Who commands the fort's one squadron of Dacian Horse, according to the narrator in Chapter 2?
5. What is Cradoc's profession?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)