|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: "Attack!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city now sits at the location of the historic Eburacum?
2. Approximately how many men has Marcus's garrison lost (killed or wounded) by the end of the second attack in Chapter 3?
(a) About 50.
(b) About 30.
(c) Over 100.
(d) Over 80.
3. What does the word "Tophet" (40) refer to in Chapter 3?
4. Where does Centurion Drusillus suggest calling in reinforcements from in Chapter 3?
5. What word from the novel refers to a civil officer or lay judge that administers the law?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cradoc's profession?
2. Who is the Cohort Commander that leads the Auxiliaries down the road in Chapter 1?
3. Who is described in Chapter 2 as "a little red angry man who had missed promotion and grown overfull of his own importance in consequence" (19)?
4. What rank are Legion Commanders almost always, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
5. Where is Centurion Quintus Hilarion's home?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)