|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: "Attack!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Cohort Commander that leads the Auxiliaries down the road in Chapter 1?
(a) Centurion Cassius.
(b) Centurion Herpinius.
(c) Centurion Drusillus.
(d) Centurion Pilus Prior.
2. To what god does Marcus pray in Chapter 3?
3. What is Cradoc's profession?
(a) He is a jailer.
(b) He is a baker and a money-lender.
(c) He is a bounty hunter.
(d) He is a hunter and horse-dealer.
4. What is the name of the deep abyss used as a dungeon of torment from ancient Greek mythology that is referred to in Chapter 3?
5. What word from Chapter 3 refers to a javelin that was commonly used by the Roman army and generally was about six feet long?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is initially found to be creating the noise outside of the fort in Chapter 3?
2. What Legion "had been Marcus's shining goal for as long as he could remember" (9) according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
3. What does Marcus offer in a bet to Cradoc in Chapter 2?
4. Where is Centurion Quintus Hilarion's home?
5. What word refers to an ancient Roman silver coin, originally worth ten asses?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)