|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: "Attack!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of war does Centurion Quintus Hilarion say is "ever the most deadly kind, for it recks nothing of consequences" (15) in Chapter 1?
(a) "Direct-contact war."
(b) "Holy war."
(c) "Global war."
(d) "War of revenge."
2. Where was Marcus sent upon arriving in Britain in late autumn, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
3. Where does Centurion Drusillus suggest calling in reinforcements from in Chapter 3?
4. Where is Centurion Quintus Hilarion's home?
5. What does the word "Tophet" (40) refer to in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Uncle Aquila invited Marcus to spend his leave with him in Chapter 1?
2. Who is described in Chapter 2 as "a little red angry man who had missed promotion and grown overfull of his own importance in consequence" (19)?
3. What Centurion does the narrator say is overfond of using his vine-staff on his men's backs in Chapter 2?
4. What city now sits at the location of the historic Eburacum?
5. What does the Latin word "testudo" refer to?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)