|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 The Waters of Lethe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clues Marcus in to Guern's identity?
(a) How well he speaks English
(b) The way he walks
(c) The scar from the chin strap of a Roman helmet
(d) Calluses on his palm
2. How does Tribune Servius Placidus act towards Marcus?
(a) Like a brother
(c) Warm and friendly
(d) Like he admired him
3. What does the Legate mention about Eburacum in Chapter 10?
(a) That Rome plans to set up a new governor
(b) That the grape harvest was good that year
(c) That it is still haunted by the disappearance of the ninth legion
(d) That there is land there for Marcus
4. What is Marcus awarded for bravery?
(a) A silver leaf necklace
(b) A gold military bracelet
(c) A gold striped toga
(d) Two horses
5. How does Guern help Marcus and Esca?
(a) He leads them through a haunted forest
(b) He leads the men across a dangerous bog
(c) He takes them in a boat down the river to the wall
(d) He gives them a plant to rub on them that messes up their smell
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the item in question 82 have on it?
2. Why does Guern think so much bad happened to the Ninth Legion?
3. What does Esca do with the Eagle?
4. What does Marcus build while they are resting at noon on their first day past the wall?
5. What does Esca show Marcus to support his position?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)