|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 The Waters of Lethe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clues Marcus in to Guern's identity?
(a) The way he walks
(b) How well he speaks English
(c) The scar from the chin strap of a Roman helmet
(d) Calluses on his palm
2. How does Guern feel about the Eagle being stolen back from the tribes?
(a) He doesn't care one way or the other
(b) He's wary that he'll be killed
(c) He's sad that the Romans have it back
(d) He's enthusiastic
3. How do Marcus and Esca elude the riders?
(a) By climbing a tree
(b) By leaping off a cliff into the water
(c) By hiding in a cave
(d) By slipping into a glen on foot while sending their ponies on
4. What happens to Marcus in the military?
(a) He is promoted to first cohort
(b) He is discharged because he is disabled
(c) He is sent back to Rome, a hero
(d) He is made an administrator
5. What does he tell Marcus when asked about the answer in question 20?
(a) It belonged to his father
(b) It is broken
(c) It belongs to his wife's father
(d) It is too long for Marcus
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marcus and Esca do that night after everyone goes to sleep?
2. What does Guern ask in return for leading them through the bog?
3. In Chapter 3 noise is heard outside the walls of the Roman legion outpost. What was the noise?
4. In Chapter 9, Marcus's uncle is expecting a dinner guest. Who is it?
5. What does Esca do with the Eagle?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)