|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18: "The Waters of Lethe".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes to fetch Esca the slave and bring him to Uncle Aquila's home in Chapter 6?
2. Who will take command of the fort until Marcus's relief can be sent from Isca in Chapter 4?
(a) Centurion Clodius Maximus.
(b) Centurion Herpinius.
(c) Centurion Drusillus.
(d) Centurion Pilus Prior.
3. What was the name of Uncle Aquila's dog that is buried at Luguvallium?
4. Where does Marcus recall having seen Cottia before when he meets her in Chapter 7?
(a) At the bakery.
(b) At the Saturnalia Games.
(c) At her mother's wedding.
(d) At the Roman temple.
5. From what tribe does Esca hail?
(a) The Atrebates.
(b) The Catuvellauni.
(c) The Belgae.
(d) The Brigantes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Cub's collar described?
2. Who commands the fort's one squadron of Dacian Horse, according to the narrator in Chapter 2?
3. What word from Chapter 3 refers to a javelin that was commonly used by the Roman army and generally was about six feet long?
4. Approximately how many men has Marcus's garrison lost (killed or wounded) by the end of the second attack in Chapter 3?
5. What Centurion does the narrator say is overfond of using his vine-staff on his men's backs in Chapter 2?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)