|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18: "The Waters of Lethe".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Uncle Aquila when his time fell due for parting with the Eagles?
(c) Roman Britain.
2. What shocks Placidus about Marcus in Chapter 9?
(a) He is shocked to learn he was a Centurion.
(b) He is shocked that Marcus has not married.
(c) He is shocked that Marcus is alive.
(d) He is shocked to learn that he is related to the emperor.
3. What word from the novel refers to an open-roofed central court in an ancient Roman home?
4. How are the Legionaries in Marcus's dream described in Chapter 12?
5. For how long does Esca say he has been a slave in Chapter 6?
(a) Six years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word in Chapter 12 refers to a flat quick bread baked or cooked from grain?
2. Where is the secret path that Guern leads Marcus and Esca through in Chapter 18?
3. The Wall in the North is described as spanning from Luguvallium to where in Chapter 11?
4. Who is referred to in Chapter 4 as "A most efficient officer ... with the air of a grey-headed Legate" (52)?
5. What is the name of Uncle Aquila's elderly wolf-hound?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)