|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18: "The Waters of Lethe".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is indicated by the appearance of the Eagle in the far North in Chapter 10?
(a) It indicates that the Eagle is a fake.
(b) It indicates that the Hispana sold the Eagle.
(c) It indicates that the Hispana went down fighting.
(d) It indicates that the Hispana mutinied and killed their leaders.
2. What former Roman province is Marcus setting out for in his mission in Chapter 10?
3. What shocks Placidus about Marcus in Chapter 9?
(a) He is shocked to learn that he is related to the emperor.
(b) He is shocked that Marcus has not married.
(c) He is shocked that Marcus is alive.
(d) He is shocked to learn he was a Centurion.
4. Whose image is displayed on the sesterce of Marcus's in Chapter 12?
5. What display of submission does Cub show when he returns home in Chapter 9?
(a) He puts his lowered head between Marcus's knees.
(b) He rolls on his back and exposes his belly to him.
(c) He goes and brings Marcus his slippers.
(d) He licks Marcus's feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many paces does Esca walk behind his master?
2. To what god does Marcus pray in Chapter 3?
3. What kind of trees are described in Chapter 11 as smelling like honey?
4. What does Cottia say her aunt and uncle call her in Chapter 7?
5. What is the name of the Chieftan's maternal grandfather in Chapter 14?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)