|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 The Waters of Lethe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, why did Esca sell their horses?
(a) They ate too much
(b) It was close enough to the wall to walk
(c) They are too easily identified
(d) Their wind was broken
2. Two days later, still a long way from the wall, where do Marcus and Esca take refuge?
(a) In an old Roman signal tower
(b) Up a tree
(c) In an old tribal village
(d) In a cave
3. What is the tune he begins to sing?
(a) A song about the Roman Senate
(b) A marching song popular with the legions
(c) A boat song for rowing
(d) A hymn to Mithras
4. What does Marcus say Rome has brought to Britain?
(a) Peace and properity
(b) Order, justice and good roads
(c) Trade and money
5. How will Marcus disguise himself while he looks for the Eagle?
(a) As a traveling oculist, an itinerate eye doctor
(b) As a merchant
(c) As an arms dealer
(d) As a traveling bard
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marcus and Esca argue about?
2. Why does Guern think so much bad happened to the Ninth Legion?
3. How does Marcus recognize the man with the dinner guest?
4. What is Marcus's hope about finding the Eagle?
5. What does the answer in question 127 mean as far as Guern is concerned?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)