|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18: "The Waters of Lethe".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the contractor's son who drives a chariot in Chapter 6?
(d) Lucius Urbanus.
2. Who commands the fort's one squadron of Dacian Horse, according to the narrator in Chapter 2?
(a) Centurion Pilus Prior.
3. Who is the cook at Uncle Aquila's home?
4. How many paces does Esca walk behind his master?
(a) Two paces behind him.
(b) Six paces behind him.
(c) Nine paces behind him.
(d) Three paces behind him.
5. Who will take command of the fort until Marcus's relief can be sent from Isca in Chapter 4?
(a) Centurion Herpinius.
(b) Centurion Pilus Prior.
(c) Centurion Drusillus.
(d) Centurion Clodius Maximus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word in Chapter 6 refers to an ancient Roman coin that equals one quarter of a denarius?
2. From what tribe does Esca hail?
3. What is engraved on the gold bracelet that is bestowed to Marcus in Chapter 5 (56)?
4. What does the narrator describe Marcus's wolf cub hunting in Chapter 7?
5. In how many days' time does Placidus say he will board the galley in Chapter 9?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)