|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18: "The Waters of Lethe".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the contractor's son who drives a chariot in Chapter 6?
(c) Lucius Urbanus.
2. Where does Uncle Aquila say the only woman he ever cared for is buried in Chapter 5?
3. How many paces does Esca walk behind his master?
(a) Three paces behind him.
(b) Six paces behind him.
(c) Two paces behind him.
(d) Nine paces behind him.
4. What does Marcus call his wolf cub that he adopts?
5. Where is the Legate of the Sixth Legion coming from on his way to Rome in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book that Uncle Aquila has been writing for ten years, according to the narrator in Chapter 5?
2. What does the Latin word "testudo" refer to?
3. What does Cottia say her aunt and uncle call her in Chapter 7?
4. What does the Eagle represent symbolically to Marcus?
5. What word from the novel refers to an open-roofed central court in an ancient Roman home?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)