|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 The Waters of Lethe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do they elude the dogs?
(a) They make a skunk spray
(b) They slip into a river
(c) They put wild lavender on their trail
(d) They leave some clothing in a out of the way spot
2. Who is doing the answer in question 123?
(a) A black bird
(b) Guern the Hunter
(c) Esca's brother, who has found him
(d) A northern tribesman
3. What is the purpose of Hadrian's wall?
(a) To give travellers a place to rest
(b) To keep back mud slides
(c) To tame the forests
(d) To keep the northern tribes from invading
4. Besides the spear wound what else is wrong with Marcus?
(a) He has a fractured skull
(b) His kidneys are destroyed
(c) He has a broken nose
(d) His right thigh is shattered
5. Two days later, still a long way from the wall, where do Marcus and Esca take refuge?
(a) In an old tribal village
(b) In a cave
(c) Up a tree
(d) In an old Roman signal tower
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marcus feel towards Esca?
2. What does Marcus do when they leave Guern?
3. What does Guern ask in return for leading them through the bog?
4. With whom does Cottia live?
5. Of what is Cottia most proud?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)