|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: "Esca".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does Esca say he has been a slave in Chapter 6?
(a) Six years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
2. What word from the novel refers to an open-roofed central court in an ancient Roman home?
3. Who is the contractor's son who drives a chariot in Chapter 6?
(d) Lucius Urbanus.
4. What is the name of Kaeso's wife?
5. What is engraved on the gold bracelet that is bestowed to Marcus in Chapter 5 (56)?
(a) "Ultum omniscium."
(b) "Semper Fi."
(c) "Pia Fidelis."
(d) "Pia Semper."
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from the novel refers to Celtic peoples inhabiting present day France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Switzerland and other areas of Europe?
2. When does the narrator say is always the time to look for trouble in Chapter 2?
3. Where was Uncle Aquila when his time fell due for parting with the Eagles?
4. Who does Marcus tell to muster the squadron and hold them in readiness in Chapter 3?
5. What does Marcus offer in a bet to Cradoc in Chapter 2?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)