|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: "Esca".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bird does Marcus observe when he first awakens in Chapter 4?
(a) A turkey.
(b) A pigeon.
(c) A raven.
(d) A crow.
2. Who is described in Chapter 2 as "a little red angry man who had missed promotion and grown overfull of his own importance in consequence" (19)?
(c) The Quartermaster.
(d) The Duty Centuron.
3. What is the name of Uncle Aquila's old Greek body-slave?
4. What does Marcus tell his replacement commander he will do if he lets the Cohort go to ruin in Chapter 4?
(a) Never speak to him again.
(b) Poison his wine.
(c) Kill his mother.
(d) Come and choke him.
5. What does the spear that Esca carries mark him as, according to the narrator in Chapter 6?
(a) A Centurion.
(b) A personal slave.
(c) A warrior.
(d) A freed slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the garrison Surgeon give Marcus to drink after he awakens in Chapter 4?
2. What is the name of the book that Uncle Aquila has been writing for ten years, according to the narrator in Chapter 5?
3. Who is Marcus's successor that is sent in from Isca in Chapter 4?
4. Who is the Tribune that Esca describes getting into a quarrel with at the wolf-hunt in Chapter 6?
5. For how long does the garrison Surgeon say Marcus has been sleeping when he awakens in Chapter 4?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)