|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: "Esca".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes to fetch Esca the slave and bring him to Uncle Aquila's home in Chapter 6?
2. Where does Uncle Aquila say the only woman he ever cared for is buried in Chapter 5?
3. What is engraved on the gold bracelet that is bestowed to Marcus in Chapter 5 (56)?
(a) "Ultum omniscium."
(b) "Pia Semper."
(c) "Semper Fi."
(d) "Pia Fidelis."
4. Who commands the fort's one squadron of Dacian Horse, according to the narrator in Chapter 2?
(d) Centurion Pilus Prior.
5. What does Esca describe the passing Legion carrying as they marched North in Chapter 6?
(a) A golden saber.
(b) A golden eagle.
(c) A painted flag.
(d) An emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from the novel refers to a civil officer or lay judge that administers the law?
2. What trait identifies Esca as a slave?
3. Who does Uncle Aquila refer to as the fat physician in Chapter 5?
4. What does the Latin word "testudo" refer to?
5. What is the name of Uncle Aquila's elderly wolf-hound?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)