|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: "Esca".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Uncle Aquila refer to as the fat physician in Chapter 5?
2. Whom does Esca refer to as "the Light of the Sun" (82) in Chapter 6?
3. What is engraved on the gold bracelet that is bestowed to Marcus in Chapter 5 (56)?
(a) "Pia Semper."
(b) "Semper Fi."
(c) "Pia Fidelis."
(d) "Ultum omniscium."
4. Who is the master of the circus slaves that Marcus goes to see in Chapter 6?
5. Approximately how long should it take reinforcements to reach Marcus's garrison after the smoke signal has been sent up in Chapter 3?
(a) Five to six days.
(b) Two to three days.
(c) Nine to ten days.
(d) Four to five days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the word "cockcrow" (44) refer to in Chapter 4?
2. What does Marcus offer in a bet to Cradoc in Chapter 2?
3. Who is the cook at Uncle Aquila's home?
4. Whose name is chanted by Marcus's battalion as they drive at the tribesmen with swords in Chapter 3?
5. What word in Chapter 6 refers to an ancient Roman coin that equals one quarter of a denarius?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)