|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: "Esca".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does the garrison Surgeon say Marcus has been sleeping when he awakens in Chapter 4?
(a) Three or four days.
(b) Six or seven days.
(c) One or two days.
(d) Two or three days.
2. How do the gods show themselves, according to the narrator in Chapter 3?
(a) In the stars.
(b) In full moons.
(c) In new moons.
(d) In the sun.
3. What did the Romans apply to their enemies' land so that crops would be destroyed?
4. What does the word "Tophet" (40) refer to in Chapter 3?
5. What does the spear that Esca carries mark him as, according to the narrator in Chapter 6?
(a) A freed slave.
(b) A warrior.
(c) A personal slave.
(d) A Centurion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Uncle Aquila's elderly wolf-hound?
2. Who does Uncle Aquila refer to as the fat physician in Chapter 5?
3. What does Marcus offer in a bet to Cradoc in Chapter 2?
4. Whose name is chanted by Marcus's battalion as they drive at the tribesmen with swords in Chapter 3?
5. What word from Chapter 3 refers to a javelin that was commonly used by the Roman army and generally was about six feet long?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)