|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 The Waters of Lethe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marcus recognize the man with the dinner guest?
(a) From Esca's description
(b) They went to officer's school together
(c) He saw him at the Saturnalia games
(d) He relieved Marcus at the Second Legion
2. What does Marcus do about the new danger?
(a) He pushes his men to run faster
(b) He has the archers fire on the new enemy
(c) He throws his spear at them
(d) He throws himself on the leader and falls in battle
3. What do Marcus and Esca do that night after everyone goes to sleep?
(a) They kill everyone in the village
(b) They steal the Eagle
(c) They leave
(d) They destroy the Holy Place
4. Who does Marcus see in the garden when playing with the wolf cub?
(a) Tribune Placidus
(b) A slender girl of about thirteen peering over the hedge
(c) Esca talking to a Britain woman
(d) His uncle
5. Two days later, still a long way from the wall, where do Marcus and Esca take refuge?
(a) In an old tribal village
(b) In an old Roman signal tower
(c) In a cave
(d) Up a tree
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcus do with the tiny bird he carved from olive wood at home in Etruria?
2. What does Marcus notice about the item in question #20?
3. What's the name of Marcus's wolf?
4. What does Esca show Marcus to support his position?
5. What kind of game does Marcus and his uncle play?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)