|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 The Whistler in the Dawn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Marcus's uncle do before he retired?
(a) A Legionnaire, a former camp commandant
(b) A governor
(c) An administrator
(d) A senator
2. What does the Legate mention about Eburacum in Chapter 10?
(a) That Rome plans to set up a new governor
(b) That the grape harvest was good that year
(c) That there is land there for Marcus
(d) That it is still haunted by the disappearance of the ninth legion
3. What does Esca show Marcus to support his position?
(a) A map of Britain with Rome's positions
(b) The number of Britains who have died due to Rome
(c) A scar going down his front from a Roman soldier
(d) A Celtic shield boss
4. What happens as Marcus and his men are fighting to get back to the fort?
(a) Marcus trips and goes down
(b) The Druids start drumming louder
(c) A column of chariots bears down upon them
(d) Someone throws a bomb
5. What is Esca trying to show Marcus about Rome and Britain?
(a) That Britains believe in freedom
(b) That Britains believe in self-expression
(c) That the two represent two different worlds
(d) That Rome is oppressive
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the swordsman?
2. What kind of game does Marcus and his uncle play?
3. Who does Marcus see in the garden when playing with the wolf cub?
4. In Chapter 3 noise is heard outside the walls of the Roman legion outpost. What was the noise?
5. What is Marcus's hope about finding the Eagle?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)