|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: "The Whistler in the Dawn".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what god does Marcus pray in Chapter 3?
2. What does Marcus call his wolf cub that he adopts?
3. Whose image is displayed on the sesterce of Marcus's in Chapter 12?
4. What does the Latin word "testudo" refer to?
(a) A tortoise.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A snake.
(d) A horse.
5. What former Roman province is Marcus setting out for in his mission in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marcus tell to muster the squadron and hold them in readiness in Chapter 3?
2. Approximately how long should it take reinforcements to reach Marcus's garrison after the smoke signal has been sent up in Chapter 3?
3. How long does Claudius Hieronimianus say it has been since he left the Fretensis in Chapter 10?
4. Where does Marcus tell Esca he bought his dagger in Chapter 7?
5. What is the name of Uncle Aquila's old Greek body-slave?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)