|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 The Whistler in the Dawn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Esca trying to show Marcus about Rome and Britain?
(a) That Britains believe in self-expression
(b) That Britains believe in freedom
(c) That Rome is oppressive
(d) That the two represent two different worlds
2. Who is doing the answer in question 123?
(a) A northern tribesman
(b) Guern the Hunter
(c) A black bird
(d) Esca's brother, who has found him
3. In Chapter 3, after noises heard, what does Marcus order the cohort to do?
(a) To settle down and sleep
(b) To saddle their horses
(c) To get the cohort into fighting position
(d) To sleep with their weapons at hand
4. What is Tartarus?
(a) A type of Roman food
(b) The dead of the night
(c) Is both a deity and a place in the underworld in Greek mythology
(d) The man in command under Marcus
5. What do they see near Trinomontium?
(a) A wheat farm
(b) A forest that's never been cut
(c) A large oak fort
(d) The charging boar of the Twentieth Legion carved into a block of stone
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of game does Marcus and his uncle play?
2. Who catches Marcus's eye sitting at the games?
3. What does the hunter do after he shares Marcus's camp?
4. What does the doctor tell Marcus about his injuries?
5. What do Marcus and Esca argue about?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)