|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: "The Whistler in the Dawn".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prized belonging does Marcus leave behind because he cannot wear it on his mission?
(a) His toga.
(b) His ring.
(c) His bracelet.
(d) His spear.
2. Who does Uncle Aquila refer to as the fat physician in Chapter 5?
3. How do the gods show themselves, according to the narrator in Chapter 3?
(a) In new moons.
(b) In full moons.
(c) In the stars.
(d) In the sun.
4. Who is the cook at Uncle Aquila's home?
5. Where does Marcus recall having seen Cottia before when he meets her in Chapter 7?
(a) At the bakery.
(b) At the Roman temple.
(c) At her mother's wedding.
(d) At the Saturnalia Games.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Cottia's father doing when he was killed?
2. Who raised the old fort at Trinomontium?
3. What is initially found to be creating the noise outside of the fort in Chapter 3?
4. What is the name of Uncle Aquila's old Greek body-slave?
5. What word from Chapter 3 refers to a javelin that was commonly used by the Roman army and generally was about six feet long?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)