|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: "The Whistler in the Dawn".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marcus recall having seen Cottia before when he meets her in Chapter 7?
(a) At the Saturnalia Games.
(b) At the bakery.
(c) At the Roman temple.
(d) At her mother's wedding.
2. What is indicated by the appearance of the Eagle in the far North in Chapter 10?
(a) It indicates that the Eagle is a fake.
(b) It indicates that the Hispana mutinied and killed their leaders.
(c) It indicates that the Hispana went down fighting.
(d) It indicates that the Hispana sold the Eagle.
3. What is the name of Uncle Aquila's elderly wolf-hound?
4. What does the Latin word "testudo" refer to?
(a) A horse.
(b) A snake.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A tortoise.
5. What does the narrator describe Marcus's wolf cub hunting in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what god does Marcus pray in Chapter 3?
2. What does Cottia say her aunt and uncle call her in Chapter 7?
3. What was Cottia's father doing when he was killed?
4. What does the word "Tophet" (40) refer to in Chapter 3?
5. What problem does the narrator describe Marcus treating frequently in Valentia in Chapter 12?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)