|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 The Whistler in the Dawn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tune he begins to sing?
(a) A song about the Roman Senate
(b) A boat song for rowing
(c) A marching song popular with the legions
(d) A hymn to Mithras
2. What happens as Marcus and his men are fighting to get back to the fort?
(a) A column of chariots bears down upon them
(b) The Druids start drumming louder
(c) Marcus trips and goes down
(d) Someone throws a bomb
3. What does Marcus do about the new danger?
(a) He pushes his men to run faster
(b) He has the archers fire on the new enemy
(c) He throws himself on the leader and falls in battle
(d) He throws his spear at them
4. What do they see near Trinomontium?
(a) A large oak fort
(b) A forest that's never been cut
(c) A wheat farm
(d) The charging boar of the Twentieth Legion carved into a block of stone
5. What does the hunter do after he shares Marcus's camp?
(a) Invites them to his home
(b) Talks about his wife
(c) Sneaks away
(d) Fights with Esca
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Cottia's father?
2. That summer what area do Marcus and Esca crisscross?
3. With whom does Cottia live?
4. What kind of game does Marcus and his uncle play?
5. What happens to the swordsman?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)