|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: "The Whistler in the Dawn".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an oculist?
(a) A palm reader.
(b) An eye doctor.
(c) A fortune teller.
(d) A ear doctor.
2. What is the name of Uncle Aquila's elderly wolf-hound?
3. How long does Uncle Aquila say it has been since he has been to Eburacum in Chapter 10?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 16 years.
4. What prized belonging does Marcus leave behind because he cannot wear it on his mission?
(a) His bracelet.
(b) His ring.
(c) His toga.
(d) His spear.
5. What is engraved on the gold bracelet that is bestowed to Marcus in Chapter 5 (56)?
(a) "Semper Fi."
(b) "Ultum omniscium."
(c) "Pia Fidelis."
(d) "Pia Semper."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator describe Marcus's wolf cub hunting in Chapter 7?
2. What does Cottia say her aunt and uncle call her in Chapter 7?
3. What is initially found to be creating the noise outside of the fort in Chapter 3?
4. What is the name of Kaeso's wife?
5. In whose charge does Marcus leave Cub as he sets out on his mission in Chapter 10?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)