|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 The Whistler in the Dawn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of rumor has the Legate heard about the ninth?
(a) That it was slaughtered to the last man
(b) That one of the northern Celtic tribes keeps the Hispana's Eagle on display
(c) That the Centurion that headed it was still alive
(d) That it never actually went north
2. What kind of game does Marcus and his uncle play?
(b) The draughts
3. What is Tartarus?
(a) The man in command under Marcus
(b) The dead of the night
(c) Is both a deity and a place in the underworld in Greek mythology
(d) A type of Roman food
4. What do Marcus and Esca argue about?
(a) What Rome has done to Britain
(b) About the food at Marcus's uncle's
(c) About Cottia
(d) About slavery
5. What does the Legate mention about Eburacum in Chapter 10?
(a) That it is still haunted by the disappearance of the ninth legion
(b) That there is land there for Marcus
(c) That the grape harvest was good that year
(d) That Rome plans to set up a new governor
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor tell Marcus about his injuries?
2. With whom does Cottia live?
3. What does Marcus do about those who are approaching the fort?
4. Of what is Cottia most proud?
5. Who is doing the answer in question 123?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)