|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 The Whistler in the Dawn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men has the outpost lost in fighting?
2. In the morning near Trinomontium what do they hear?
(a) Wild boars fighting
(b) An eerie whistling
(c) Birds fighting
(d) A rabbit screaming
3. What kind of game does Marcus and his uncle play?
(b) The draughts
4. What is Marcus awarded for bravery?
(a) A silver leaf necklace
(b) A gold military bracelet
(c) A gold striped toga
(d) Two horses
5. What does the Legate mention about Eburacum in Chapter 10?
(a) That it is still haunted by the disappearance of the ninth legion
(b) That Rome plans to set up a new governor
(c) That the grape harvest was good that year
(d) That there is land there for Marcus
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esca say to Marcus's assertion about the good Rome has done for Britain?
2. In Chapter 3, after noises heard, what does Marcus order the cohort to do?
3. Who storms the outpost's walls?
4. In Chapter 3 noise is heard outside the walls of the Roman legion outpost. What was the noise?
5. What do they see near Trinomontium?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)