|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 The Whistler in the Dawn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tune he begins to sing?
(a) A hymn to Mithras
(b) A marching song popular with the legions
(c) A boat song for rowing
(d) A song about the Roman Senate
2. What is his worry concerning the Eagle in Celtic hands?
(a) That legions would disappear trying to get it back
(b) They would use it to recruit other Romans
(c) They would trade the gold for weapons
(d) It would be a powerful totem against the Romans
3. What does Esca show Marcus to support his position?
(a) A scar going down his front from a Roman soldier
(b) A Celtic shield boss
(c) The number of Britains who have died due to Rome
(d) A map of Britain with Rome's positions
4. What's the name of Marcus's wolf?
5. What do they see near Trinomontium?
(a) A large oak fort
(b) The charging boar of the Twentieth Legion carved into a block of stone
(c) A wheat farm
(d) A forest that's never been cut
Short Answer Questions
1. That summer what area do Marcus and Esca crisscross?
2. What does the doctor tell Marcus about his injuries?
3. What happens as Marcus and his men are fighting to get back to the fort?
4. What does Marcus do about those who are approaching the fort?
5. What is Marcus's hope about finding the Eagle?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)