|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: "The Whistler in the Dawn".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Centurion Drusillus suggest calling in reinforcements from in Chapter 3?
2. What song does the stranger with the deer sing when he approaches Marcus and Esca in Chapter 12?
(a) "The Flowers of Tarstevere."
(b) "Arms to Caesar."
(c) "The Girl I Kissed at Closium."
(d) "The Long Journey in the Night."
3. What is initially found to be creating the noise outside of the fort in Chapter 3?
(a) Stray dogs.
(b) Stray cattle.
4. What was Cottia's father doing when he was killed?
(a) Battling the Celts.
(b) Breaking a horse.
(c) Sailing a ship.
(d) Hunting boar.
5. To what god does Marcus pray in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marcus tell to muster the squadron and hold them in readiness in Chapter 3?
2. Who raised the old fort at Trinomontium?
3. What was the name of Cradoc's wife?
4. What does the narrator describe Marcus's wolf cub hunting in Chapter 7?
5. What type of design is described on Marcus's dagger sheath in Chapter 7?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)