|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: "The Whistler in the Dawn".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cottia say her aunt and uncle call her in Chapter 7?
2. What is initially found to be creating the noise outside of the fort in Chapter 3?
(a) Stray cattle.
(d) Stray dogs.
3. Where does Marcus tell Esca he bought his dagger in Chapter 7?
4. Who raised the old fort at Trinomontium?
5. In whose charge does Marcus leave Cub as he sets out on his mission in Chapter 10?
(c) Uncle Aquila.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book that Uncle Aquila has been writing for ten years, according to the narrator in Chapter 5?
2. Where does Marcus recall having seen Cottia before when he meets her in Chapter 7?
3. What does the narrator describe Marcus's wolf cub hunting in Chapter 7?
4. What are the only adornments that Uncle Aquila allows on his walls?
5. What word from Chapter 3 refers to a javelin that was commonly used by the Roman army and generally was about six feet long?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)