|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: "The Whistler in the Dawn".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What former Roman province is Marcus setting out for in his mission in Chapter 10?
2. What problem does the narrator describe Marcus treating frequently in Valentia in Chapter 12?
(a) Macular degeneration.
(b) Marsh ophthalmia.
3. Approximately how long should it take reinforcements to reach Marcus's garrison after the smoke signal has been sent up in Chapter 3?
(a) Nine to ten days.
(b) Five to six days.
(c) Four to five days.
(d) Two to three days.
4. What was Cottia's father doing when he was killed?
(a) Breaking a horse.
(b) Hunting boar.
(c) Sailing a ship.
(d) Battling the Celts.
5. What is the name of the deep abyss used as a dungeon of torment from ancient Greek mythology that is referred to in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the Legionaries in Marcus's dream described in Chapter 12?
2. Where does Marcus recall having seen Cottia before when he meets her in Chapter 7?
3. Where does Marcus tell Esca he bought his dagger in Chapter 7?
4. What is the name of Uncle Aquila's old Greek body-slave?
5. What word from Chapter 3 refers to a javelin that was commonly used by the Roman army and generally was about six feet long?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)