|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: "The Whistler in the Dawn".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Uncle Aquila's dog that is buried at Luguvallium?
2. What word from Chapter 3 refers to a javelin that was commonly used by the Roman army and generally was about six feet long?
3. What is the name of Cottia's nurse?
4. Approximately how long should it take reinforcements to reach Marcus's garrison after the smoke signal has been sent up in Chapter 3?
(a) Five to six days.
(b) Four to five days.
(c) Two to three days.
(d) Nine to ten days.
5. From what tribe has Cottia and her family descended?
(a) The Atrebate tribe.
(b) The Iceni tribe.
(c) The Catuvellauni tribe.
(d) The Belgae tribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does the narrator describe Marcus treating frequently in Valentia in Chapter 12?
2. How long does Claudius Hieronimianus say it has been since he left the Fretensis in Chapter 10?
3. What is the name of Uncle Aquila's old Greek body-slave?
4. What is engraved on the gold bracelet that is bestowed to Marcus in Chapter 5 (56)?
5. Who raised the old fort at Trinomontium?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)