|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: "The Ring-Brooch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Marcus build an altar in Chapter 11?
2. What did Rufrius Galarius provide for Marcus when he set out on his mission in the North?
(a) A box of salves.
(b) A train ticket.
(c) A pocket-watch.
(d) A horse and carriage.
3. What does Esca describe the passing Legion carrying as they marched North in Chapter 6?
(a) A golden saber.
(b) A painted flag.
(c) An emperor.
(d) A golden eagle.
4. What is the name of Marcus's mare that he takes on his mission?
5. What does the Eagle represent symbolically to Marcus?
(a) His brother's reputation.
(c) His father's reputation.
(d) A wealth of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the place that Marcus and Esca are given housing in the village in Chapter 16?
2. Who is the contractor's son who drives a chariot in Chapter 6?
3. Who is the master of the circus slaves that Marcus goes to see in Chapter 6?
4. Who is the Tribune that Esca describes getting into a quarrel with at the wolf-hunt in Chapter 6?
5. What is the talisman shaped like that Marcus wears on his forehead in Chapter 11?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)