|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: "The Ring-Brooch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esca describe the passing Legion carrying as they marched North in Chapter 6?
(a) A golden eagle.
(b) A painted flag.
(c) A golden saber.
(d) An emperor.
2. Who is the contractor's son who drives a chariot in Chapter 6?
(c) Lucius Urbanus.
3. To whom does Marcus build an altar in Chapter 11?
4. What is the name of the place that Marcus and Esca are given housing in the village in Chapter 16?
(a) Tantus's cellar.
(b) Conn's cow-byre.
(c) Beppo's chicken shed.
(d) Pilum's barn.
5. From what tribe does Esca hail?
(a) The Brigantes.
(b) The Catuvellauni.
(c) The Belgae.
(d) The Atrebates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of trees are described in Chapter 11 as smelling like honey?
2. What is the talisman shaped like that Marcus wears on his forehead in Chapter 11?
3. What trait identifies Esca as a slave?
4. What does the spear that Esca carries mark him as, according to the narrator in Chapter 6?
5. Why does Marcus say he and Esca need a place far from the village huts in Chapter 16?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)