|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 The Ring-Brooch.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who insulted Esca at the hunt?
(a) Cottia's father
(b) A centurion from the eighth legion
(c) The local mayor
(d) A young Tribune named Placidus
2. When talking about his childhood what does Esca reveal to Marcus about Rome?
(a) He saw a Roman Legion march north
(b) That the tribes hate Rome
(c) That Rome will never completely subdue Britain
(d) That Rome and Britain's soldiers are similar
3. What do Marcus and Esca do that night after everyone goes to sleep?
(a) They steal the Eagle
(b) They destroy the Holy Place
(c) They leave
(d) They kill everyone in the village
4. What happens when the villagers catch up to Marcus and Esca?
(a) They search their belongings for the Eagle
(b) They are bound and taken back to the village
(c) The villagers ask if they saw traders take the Eagle
(d) They have to kill the villagers
5. Where does Hadrian's wall run?
(a) From Luguvallium to Segedunum, bisecting the country
(b) From north to south Britain
(c) From Rome to Britain
(d) There is no Hadrian's wall
Short Answer Questions
1. How far are they from Hadrian's Wall when they realize the tribesmen will come for them?
2. Who does Marcus believe the legion might be?
3. What does Marcus build while they are resting at noon on their first day past the wall?
4. What do Marcus and Esca generally eat for noon break?
5. What does Marcus do with the tiny bird he carved from olive wood at home in Etruria?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)