|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 The Ring-Brooch.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcus build while they are resting at noon on their first day past the wall?
(a) A temple to Artemis
(b) A lean-to
(c) A small altar to Mithras
(d) A tall staff
2. What does Esca suggest?
(a) That they take the Chief's son hostage
(b) That Marcus stays and Esca gets the Eagle to the wall
(c) That Marcus leaves him to deal with the tribesmen
(d) That they bury the Eagle and make a run for the wall
3. How did Esca become enslaved?
(a) The clan rose against their overlords and lost
(b) He killed a Roman horse
(c) He was caught cheating at cards
(d) He stoled from a Roman legate
4. Where does Hadrian's wall run?
(a) From Rome to Britain
(b) There is no Hadrian's wall
(c) From north to south Britain
(d) From Luguvallium to Segedunum, bisecting the country
5. How far are they from Hadrian's Wall when they realize the tribesmen will come for them?
(a) A week of hard riding
(b) It's within sight
(c) Two days of fast running
(d) Five days hard riding
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are they hunting ?
2. How does Marcus feel towards Esca?
3. When talking about his childhood what does Esca reveal to Marcus about Rome?
4. What do Marcus and Esca generally eat for noon break?
5. What was Esca's father's position in the tribe?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)