|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 The Ring-Brooch.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esca do with the Eagle?
(a) Puts it in some rocks in a ravine
(b) Wraps it in a cloak and puts it in the saddlebag
(c) Conceals it in a hollow on the riverbank
(d) Hides it in a tree
2. What is the purpose of Hadrian's wall?
(a) To keep back mud slides
(b) To keep the northern tribes from invading
(c) To give travellers a place to rest
(d) To tame the forests
3. What does Esca return with from the hunt?
(a) Two dozen pheasants
(b) A wolf cub
(c) A wound in his knee
(d) A boar hide
4. What does Esca suggest?
(a) That they take the Chief's son hostage
(b) That Marcus stays and Esca gets the Eagle to the wall
(c) That Marcus leaves him to deal with the tribesmen
(d) That they bury the Eagle and make a run for the wall
5. Who insulted Esca at the hunt?
(a) The local mayor
(b) Cottia's father
(c) A young Tribune named Placidus
(d) A centurion from the eighth legion
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Marcus now become?
2. What do Marcus and Esca do that night after everyone goes to sleep?
3. What was Esca's father's position in the tribe?
4. How did Esca become enslaved?
5. What is the name of the gladiator that Marcus buys?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)