|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: "The Ring-Brooch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the talisman shaped like that Marcus wears on his forehead in Chapter 11?
(a) A heart.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A diamond.
(d) An open hand.
2. What trait identifies Esca as a slave?
(a) A chain on his neck.
(b) A clipped ear.
(c) A branding.
(d) An earring.
3. The Wall in the North is described as spanning from Luguvallium to where in Chapter 11?
4. What false name does Marcus give to the guards at the North Gate in Chapter 11?
(a) Centurion Paulus.
(b) Lurorius of Lethe.
(c) The Quartermaster.
(d) Demetrius of Alexandria.
5. What is the name of Marcus's mare that he takes on his mission?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what tribe does Esca hail?
2. Why does Marcus say he and Esca need a place far from the village huts in Chapter 16?
3. Who goes to fetch Esca the slave and bring him to Uncle Aquila's home in Chapter 6?
4. Who is the Tribune that Esca describes getting into a quarrel with at the wolf-hunt in Chapter 6?
5. What is the name of the mare that Esca rides?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)