|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: "The Ring-Brooch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Wall in the North is described as spanning from Luguvallium to where in Chapter 11?
2. What does the Eagle represent symbolically to Marcus?
(a) A wealth of money.
(c) His father's reputation.
(d) His brother's reputation.
3. Who is the master of the circus slaves that Marcus goes to see in Chapter 6?
4. What are Marcus and Esca upset that they lost near the water in Chapter 16?
(a) The Eagle.
(b) A ring-brooch.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A signet ring.
5. Who is the Tribune that Esca describes getting into a quarrel with at the wolf-hunt in Chapter 6?
(c) Lucius Urbanus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What false name does Marcus give to the guards at the North Gate in Chapter 11?
2. From what tribe does Esca hail?
3. For how long does Esca say he has been a slave in Chapter 6?
4. Why does Marcus say he and Esca need a place far from the village huts in Chapter 16?
5. How many warriors from the tribe chase down Marcus and Esca after they have left in Chapter 16?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)