|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 The Ring-Brooch.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Esca's father do before he was enslaved?
(a) A charioteer
(b) A cook
(c) A foot soldier
(d) A hunter
2. What does Marcus do with the tiny bird he carved from olive wood at home in Etruria?
(a) He burns it
(b) He leaves it under the altar
(c) He gives it to Esca
(d) He throws it into the woods
3. Who does Marcus believe the legion might be?
(a) He doesn't think it was a legion at all
(b) The Eighth Legion
(c) His father's lost legion
(d) That it was the legion sent to replace the Ninth
4. What happens when the villagers catch up to Marcus and Esca?
(a) The villagers ask if they saw traders take the Eagle
(b) They search their belongings for the Eagle
(c) They have to kill the villagers
(d) They are bound and taken back to the village
5. What will the gladiator be doing for Marcus?
(a) Personal body slave
(b) Body guard
(c) Writing letters, reading to him
Short Answer Questions
1. How far are they from Hadrian's Wall when they realize the tribesmen will come for them?
2. What does Marcus build while they are resting at noon on their first day past the wall?
3. What do Marcus and Esca generally eat for noon break?
4. What does Esca do with the Eagle?
5. What is the name of the gladiator that Marcus buys?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)