|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 The Ring-Brooch.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Esca's father's position in the tribe?
(a) No one in particular
(c) Son of the chieftess
2. Who does Marcus believe the legion might be?
(a) His father's lost legion
(b) The Eighth Legion
(c) That it was the legion sent to replace the Ninth
(d) He doesn't think it was a legion at all
3. How far are they from Hadrian's Wall when they realize the tribesmen will come for them?
(a) It's within sight
(b) Five days hard riding
(c) Two days of fast running
(d) A week of hard riding
4. How did Esca become enslaved?
(a) He killed a Roman horse
(b) He was caught cheating at cards
(c) The clan rose against their overlords and lost
(d) He stoled from a Roman legate
5. What does Marcus build while they are resting at noon on their first day past the wall?
(a) A lean-to
(b) A small altar to Mithras
(c) A temple to Artemis
(d) A tall staff
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esca return with from the hunt?
2. What does Marcus do with the tiny bird he carved from olive wood at home in Etruria?
3. Why are they hunting ?
4. What is the purpose of Hadrian's wall?
5. When talking about his childhood what does Esca reveal to Marcus about Rome?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)