|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 The Ring-Brooch.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who insulted Esca at the hunt?
(a) Cottia's father
(b) The local mayor
(c) A young Tribune named Placidus
(d) A centurion from the eighth legion
2. What does Esca suggest?
(a) That Marcus leaves him to deal with the tribesmen
(b) That they take the Chief's son hostage
(c) That Marcus stays and Esca gets the Eagle to the wall
(d) That they bury the Eagle and make a run for the wall
3. What do Marcus and Esca do that night after everyone goes to sleep?
(a) They steal the Eagle
(b) They destroy the Holy Place
(c) They leave
(d) They kill everyone in the village
4. What does Esca return with from the hunt?
(a) A boar hide
(b) A wolf cub
(c) A wound in his knee
(d) Two dozen pheasants
5. What does Marcus build while they are resting at noon on their first day past the wall?
(a) A temple to Artemis
(b) A small altar to Mithras
(c) A tall staff
(d) A lean-to
Short Answer Questions
1. When talking about his childhood what does Esca reveal to Marcus about Rome?
2. What did Esca loose near where he hid the Eagle?
3. How did Esca become enslaved?
4. What did Esca's father do before he was enslaved?
5. What was Esca's father's position in the tribe?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)