|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 The Ring-Brooch.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are they hunting ?
(a) For meat for the winter
(b) To prove who's best with a spear
(c) To relieve boredom
(d) The animals have been decimating the local flocks
2. What did Esca's father do before he was enslaved?
(a) A foot soldier
(b) A hunter
(c) A cook
(d) A charioteer
3. What does Marcus do with the tiny bird he carved from olive wood at home in Etruria?
(a) He gives it to Esca
(b) He burns it
(c) He leaves it under the altar
(d) He throws it into the woods
4. What does Marcus build while they are resting at noon on their first day past the wall?
(a) A lean-to
(b) A tall staff
(c) A temple to Artemis
(d) A small altar to Mithras
5. What does Esca do with the Eagle?
(a) Wraps it in a cloak and puts it in the saddlebag
(b) Conceals it in a hollow on the riverbank
(c) Puts it in some rocks in a ravine
(d) Hides it in a tree
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the villagers catch up to Marcus and Esca?
2. What will the gladiator be doing for Marcus?
3. What does Esca suggest?
4. What did Esca loose near where he hid the Eagle?
5. How far are they from Hadrian's Wall when they realize the tribesmen will come for them?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)