|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 The Ring-Brooch.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hadrian's wall run?
(a) From north to south Britain
(b) From Luguvallium to Segedunum, bisecting the country
(c) From Rome to Britain
(d) There is no Hadrian's wall
2. Why are they hunting ?
(a) For meat for the winter
(b) The animals have been decimating the local flocks
(c) To prove who's best with a spear
(d) To relieve boredom
3. Who does Marcus believe the legion might be?
(a) That it was the legion sent to replace the Ninth
(b) His father's lost legion
(c) The Eighth Legion
(d) He doesn't think it was a legion at all
4. What happens when the villagers catch up to Marcus and Esca?
(a) They are bound and taken back to the village
(b) They have to kill the villagers
(c) The villagers ask if they saw traders take the Eagle
(d) They search their belongings for the Eagle
5. What do Marcus and Esca do that night after everyone goes to sleep?
(a) They steal the Eagle
(b) They destroy the Holy Place
(c) They kill everyone in the village
(d) They leave
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of Hadrian's wall?
2. What does Marcus do with the tiny bird he carved from olive wood at home in Etruria?
3. Who insulted Esca at the hunt?
4. What did Esca's father do before he was enslaved?
5. What does Esca do with the Eagle?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)