|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 The Ring-Brooch.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esca do with the Eagle?
(a) Hides it in a tree
(b) Wraps it in a cloak and puts it in the saddlebag
(c) Conceals it in a hollow on the riverbank
(d) Puts it in some rocks in a ravine
2. Who insulted Esca at the hunt?
(a) A young Tribune named Placidus
(b) A centurion from the eighth legion
(c) The local mayor
(d) Cottia's father
3. What kind of hunt does Marcus allow Esca to join?
(a) Deer hunt
(b) Bear hunt
(c) Wolf hunt
(d) Boar hunt
4. What does Esca suggest?
(a) That they take the Chief's son hostage
(b) That they bury the Eagle and make a run for the wall
(c) That Marcus stays and Esca gets the Eagle to the wall
(d) That Marcus leaves him to deal with the tribesmen
5. Who has Marcus now become?
(a) Belva, a tribal leader
(b) The Invincible Anodyne of Demetrius of Alexandria
(c) A Druid priest named Sol
(d) Wea, Esca's brother
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the gladiator that Marcus buys?
2. Who does Marcus believe the legion might be?
3. What do Marcus and Esca do that night after everyone goes to sleep?
4. What happens when the villagers catch up to Marcus and Esca?
5. What does Marcus build while they are resting at noon on their first day past the wall?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)