|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 The Ring-Brooch.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When talking about his childhood what does Esca reveal to Marcus about Rome?
(a) That Rome and Britain's soldiers are similar
(b) That Rome will never completely subdue Britain
(c) That the tribes hate Rome
(d) He saw a Roman Legion march north
2. What does Marcus do with the tiny bird he carved from olive wood at home in Etruria?
(a) He throws it into the woods
(b) He gives it to Esca
(c) He leaves it under the altar
(d) He burns it
3. How did Esca become enslaved?
(a) The clan rose against their overlords and lost
(b) He killed a Roman horse
(c) He stoled from a Roman legate
(d) He was caught cheating at cards
4. What kind of hunt does Marcus allow Esca to join?
(a) Bear hunt
(b) Boar hunt
(c) Deer hunt
(d) Wolf hunt
5. What is the purpose of Hadrian's wall?
(a) To tame the forests
(b) To keep back mud slides
(c) To keep the northern tribes from invading
(d) To give travellers a place to rest
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esca do with the Eagle?
2. What does Esca suggest?
3. How does Marcus feel towards Esca?
4. Who does Marcus believe the legion might be?
5. Where does Hadrian's wall run?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)