|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 The Ring-Brooch.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of Hadrian's wall?
(a) To keep the northern tribes from invading
(b) To keep back mud slides
(c) To tame the forests
(d) To give travellers a place to rest
2. Why are they hunting ?
(a) The animals have been decimating the local flocks
(b) To prove who's best with a spear
(c) For meat for the winter
(d) To relieve boredom
3. What does Esca suggest?
(a) That Marcus leaves him to deal with the tribesmen
(b) That they bury the Eagle and make a run for the wall
(c) That Marcus stays and Esca gets the Eagle to the wall
(d) That they take the Chief's son hostage
4. What was Esca's father's position in the tribe?
(a) No one in particular
(c) Son of the chieftess
5. What do Marcus and Esca do that night after everyone goes to sleep?
(a) They leave
(b) They destroy the Holy Place
(c) They kill everyone in the village
(d) They steal the Eagle
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcus do with the tiny bird he carved from olive wood at home in Etruria?
2. What will the gladiator be doing for Marcus?
3. When talking about his childhood what does Esca reveal to Marcus about Rome?
4. How did Esca become enslaved?
5. How does Marcus feel towards Esca?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)