Chapter 1: "Frontier Fort"
1. What city now sits at the location of the historic Eburacum?
2. Who is the Cohort Commander that leads the Auxiliaries down the road in Chapter 1?
(a) Centurion Herpinius.
(b) Centurion Drusillus.
(c) Centurion Cassius.
(d) Centurion Pilus Prior.
3. Near what ancient city did Marcus Flavius Aquila grow up with his mother on the family farm?
4. What had Marcus's father just been appointed as on his last departure, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
(a) The Sixth Legion of Egypt.
(b) The First Legion of Egypt.
(c) First Cohort of the Hispania.
(d) The Praetorian Guard.
5. Where was Marcus sent upon arriving in Britain in late autumn, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
6. Where has Uncle Aquila invited Marcus to spend his leave with him in Chapter 1?
7. What rank are Legion Commanders almost always, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
(a) Layman's rank.
(b) Senator's rank.
(c) Emperor's rank.
(d) Governor's rank.
This section contains 3,894 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)