|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Books & People.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meaning of "My people! My people!" in the African American community?
(a) To get someone's attention.
(b) To express your love for your community.
(c) To express embarrassment at the actions of another.
(d) To express sorrow at being away from your family.
2. What was the primary conflict between Zora's mother and father?
(a) Paint colors.
3. Why are parents annoyed by children asking questions, according to Zora?
(a) Parents like to be quiet.
(b) Parents have to think about what they actually do know and what they don't know.
(c) Children shouldn't know too much.
(d) The children won't listen to the answers.
4. In Eatonville, what made people know a man was cheating on his wife?
(a) How much time he was spending at home.
(b) How often he made dinner.
(c) How other women in town treated him.
(d) Who else he spent money on.
5. Where was Zora's father from?
(a) New York.
(c) He was an immigrant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the white man come to Zora's mother's house?
2. When did Big Sweet act tough?
3. What did the miners in Polk find in the mines?
4. While discussing distinctions within her own race, she explains that educated people ______ raucous people.
5. Why does Zora flash back to Zora's mother and grandmother?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)