|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Books & People.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Zora good at her job?
(a) She was playful.
(b) She was dedicated.
(c) Her job was easy.
(d) She needed the job.
2. What is the meaning of "My people! My people!" in the African American community?
(a) To express your love for your community.
(b) To express sorrow at being away from your family.
(c) To get someone's attention.
(d) To express embarrassment at the actions of another.
3. What was especially tragic about Zora's mother's death?
(a) She died suddenly.
(b) She died early.
(c) She was alone.
(d) She died slowly.
4. Joe Clark owned a store in Eatonville and was also the _______.
(a) Head of a corporation.
(c) Chief of Police.
(d) Grandfather of Zora.
5. What was Zora's time working lacking?
(b) Free time.
(d) Opportunity for study.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zora describes the day her mother gave birth as ______.
2. How were difficulties resolved in Eatonville?
3. "Between alligators, poison snakes, and _________, Florida can be a dangerous place."
4. Eatonville was founded after what war?
5. Zora was able to make friends at school despite ________.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)