|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Books & People.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened after Zora paid her rent?
(a) Her building burned down.
(b) She moved out.
(c) Her best friend moved in.
(d) She got evicted.
2. Zora and the white men often did things like _______.
3. What broke up the Hurston family?
(a) The parents went to jail.
(b) Their father's death.
(c) Their house burned down.
(d) A confrontation between the stepmother and the children.
4. In a metaphor, Zora says she is "intimate with the _______."
5. Zora's nature was contradictory to ___________.
(a) Her upbringing.
(b) Her actions.
(c) Gender role expectations.
(d) Her self perception.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Hurston family view the white man?
2. Zora's boyish nature was _______.
3. Why did Zora fail in her first try at research?
4. What defined the political makeup of Polk County?
5. "Between alligators, poison snakes, and _________, Florida can be a dangerous place."
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)