|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Books & People.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the primary conflict between Zora's mother and father?
(d) Paint colors.
2. What was Zora's time working lacking?
(b) Opportunity for study.
(d) Free time.
3. In her research in the South, Zora was assigned to gather ______.
4. How was Zora able to return to school?
(a) She received funding.
(b) She impersonated someone.
(c) She passed a test.
(d) She earned enough money.
5. Why didn't Zora want to write about "the race problem"?
(a) She didn't want to make it an issue.
(b) She felt it was overdone.
(c) She thought it was unimportant.
(d) She didn't know what to say.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zora's brother intended to help her ___________.
2. Before the big brawl broke out, where was Big Sweet?
3. What is the meaning of "My people! My people!" in the African American community?
4. What was Zora's response to any man who was attracted to her?
5. What ended John Hurston's new marriage?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)