|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Books & People.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To describe the social makeup of Polk County, Zora details dancing and ______.
2. Where did the founders of Eatonville travel and find a colony?
(d) New York.
3. After Zora's mother gave birth, what did the white man do?
(b) Stole the baby.
(c) Cleaned the baby.
(d) Called John.
4. Why did Zora originally have to leave school?
(a) She fought too much.
(b) She was needed at home.
(c) She couldn't pay.
(d) She didn't like it.
5. Whom did Zora live with after being fired from her first job?
(a) Her brother.
(b) A homeless shelter.
(c) In an alley.
(d) Some friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Zora want to write about "the race problem"?
2. Why was there pressure for Zora to write about "the race problem"?
3. Zora referred to white men as ______.
4. Zora describes the day her mother gave birth as ______.
5. What was the primary conflict between Zora's mother and father?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)