|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Back Stage (c. 8).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did John Hurston pursue Zora's mother?
(a) An afternoon.
(d) Several weeks.
2. Why was the stepmother jealous of Sarah?
(a) Sarah was very beautiful.
(b) Sarah had a strong connection with her father.
(c) Sarah was married to an attractive man.
(d) Hurston's children liked Sarah, but not her.
3. Zora's mother's family name was _____.
4. What spoke to Zora when she was young?
(a) Her dolls.
(b) The spirits.
(c) Her dreams.
5. How were difficulties resolved in Eatonville?
(a) Outside of court.
(b) By fines.
(c) By the cours.
(d) They weren't.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role did the white man play in Zora's young life?
2. Why does Zora flash back to Zora's mother and grandmother?
3. How did John Hurston treat his new wife?
4. To what is "a crow in a pigeon's nest" referring?
5. Zora describes Joe Clark's porch as a ________.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)