|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Back Stage (c. 8).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Zora's grandmother mad at her mother?
(a) For having so many children.
(b) For taking her money.
(c) For marrying John Hurston.
(d) For leaving home early.
2. Zora's anecdotes are vivid but _______.
3. How were difficulties resolved in Eatonville?
(a) By fines.
(b) Outside of court.
(c) They weren't.
(d) By the cours.
4. What did Zora's stepmother NOT want?
(b) To work.
(c) To live in Eatonville.
(d) John Hurston's children.
5. When Zora's mother went into labor, who was present?
(a) No one.
(b) John Hurston.
(c) The midwife.
(d) Zora's siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John Hurston's job?
2. The actors viewed the woman's involvement with the theater manager as a _______.
3. How did John Hurston treat his new wife?
4. Aside from their relationship, what did Zora's mother's marriage affect between her mother and grandmother?
5. Who founded Eatonville?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)