|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Figure Wandering (cs. 5 & 6 inclusive).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the white man come to Zora's mother's house?
(a) To find John.
(b) To bring a letter.
(c) To collect rent.
(d) To help her.
2. Zora's mother's family name was _____.
3. Why did Zora have good feelings toward white people?
(a) She had good feelings towards everyone.
(b) She didn't have time for negative feelings.
(c) She's had good experiences with them.
(d) Her parents taught her by their example.
4. How were difficulties resolved in Eatonville?
(a) Outside of court.
(b) By fines.
(c) By the cours.
(d) They weren't.
5. In Eatonville, what made people know a man was cheating on his wife?
(a) How often he made dinner.
(b) Who else he spent money on.
(c) How other women in town treated him.
(d) How much time he was spending at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zora's mother's family feel about the engagement?
2. "Between alligators, poison snakes, and _________, Florida can be a dangerous place."
3. In Eatonville, what did a proud husband do?
4. Whom does Zora cite on the subject of forgiveness?
5. What was the primary conflict between Zora's mother and father?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)