|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Figure Wandering (cs. 5 & 6 inclusive).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were women discussed by the people of Eatonville?
(a) Through allusion.
(b) Through metaphor.
(c) They're not.
2. In her youth, what did Zora's parents try not to do to her?
(a) Make her think much.
(b) Spoil her.
(c) Yell at her.
(d) Break her spirit.
3. Why did the white man come to Zora's mother's house?
(a) To bring a letter.
(b) To collect rent.
(c) To help her.
(d) To find John.
4. When Zora's mother went into labor, who was present?
(a) No one.
(b) Zora's siblings.
(c) The midwife.
(d) John Hurston.
5. Zora and the white men often did things like _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zora say parents respond to children's questioning?
2. Where was Zora's mother's midwife during the birth?
3. How did Zora's mother know the white man who comes to her?
4. Zora describes Joe Clark's porch as a ________.
5. Aside from their relationship, what did Zora's mother's marriage affect between her mother and grandmother?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)